main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Of Smugglers and Princesses

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NileQT87, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Of Smugglers and Princesses

by NileQT87

E-mail: nileqt87@san.rr.com

Fandom: Star Wars (IV-VI)

Timeline: Post-ANH / Pre-ESB

Main Characters: Han Solo & Princess Leia Organa

?Permission granted for the Millennium Falcon to land and enter the rebel alliance hangar bay.?

?It?s back to the ice cube for us fuzzball,? grumbled Han.

Chewie answered with a short agreement of growls.

Han went on to say, ?You know that new shipment of rations we just got is about the thousandth trip we seem to be doing for these people. All I do is run missions for them because they know I?ve got the fastest ship hanging out with the Alliance. Luckily, I got us some real food; not those dried out ration bars that smell worse than a dead bantha and taste like nothing at all.?

Chewie grumbled something about it not being quite that bad, but agreed they weren?t gourmet cuisine by any stretch of the imagination.

Han said, ?Chewie, I?m going to go check in at the command center, how about you stay here and look at the overhead lighting in the dinette that busted back on Aglaia.?

Chewie growled and left the cockpit.

Han arrived at the command center to find General Rieekan talking to her highness.

Rieekan noticed Leia?s attention being directed behind him and turned around to see a swaggering Corellian enter the command center.

Han smirked as he saw her look at him and approached her in a cocky manner. ?Well your highness, did you miss me??

Leia replied, ?Only you would say something like that. Did you get the rations??

Han leaned against the wall opposite the computer consoles and grinned, ?You betcha your worship, enough smelly ration bars to feed the rogue squadron for the next six months.?

Leia wore her ice princess expression and replied, ?You know that rations are the only thing that keeps for long periods of time and is within our budget. I don?t know why you have such a problem with that. Plus, you and Chewie get to enjoy your own food supply. You have no right to complain.?

?Well sweetheart, you are plenty welcome to join us, but I know how you hate slumming down with us in our beat up old freighter, which has saved your royal butt more than once, you know.?

?I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself and being with you and Chewie is not slumming. I just prefer to not have any higher consideration than that of the others,? Leia calmy replied.

Han put on a lazy expression and said, ?Well have it your way, but don?t say you were never invited. It?s Corellian chowder with Aglaian clams tonight. If you want some, you know where to find it.?

Han walked off towards the exit and disappeared down the icy corridor.

Leia turned back to Rieekan and quietly said, ?Was Han Solo just somewhat agreeable or am I hearing things.?

?Captain Solo is a good man. There?s more to him than meets the eye. If I were you I?d definitely get some of that chowder. You deserve better than what the rest of us are stuck with. Go on and go,? Rieekan exclaimed with a hint of amusement. ?He might just surprise you.?

Leia looked down at her blue booted feet. ?I just don?t know if I can trust him. He hasn?t even officially enlisted with the alliance.?

?Has he ever given you a reason not to trust him?? questioned Rieekan.

Leia considered her answer to Rieekan?s question with careful wording and replied, ?Well no?except for the off-the-wall and completely inappropriate comments he so often makes.?

?He?s just teasing you and you know that. A lot of people think you should enjoy yourself more. You?re a young woman, not just a no nonsense old fogey like Dodonna and me. You shouldn?t let the war ruin your life,? Rieekan said with earnest.

Leia looked up at Rieekan and said, ?People really say I should enjoy myself more??

Rieekan laughed and replied, ?That?s part of it.?

?So you think I should go?? Leia asked.

?Yes, and I?d also like to send you on a mission to Ord Mantell to gather their support for the alliance. The planet is mostly a resort and the meeting should only last a

2. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    this is a work in progress...like, dislike? pointers? additions?

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

OMG Leia/Han a resort. Man they'll kill each other 20 feet huh?
    This is very well done, I love Leia's outburst very in character keep going

4. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like Rieekan's remark about the old fogeys! I hope you continue.

5. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    thanks...ill get writing again. its a fun story so far. ive got some ideas. if anyone wants to write additions, i'd gladly add you to the "by" line and stick it in. i plan to make my own fanfic website, but its slow in the making. i know this synopsis is probably over done, but i want to give a history of han solo and boba fett. obviously han knew him, so im thinking... what do you think? i also want to get some starting out han/leia interaction here to get them from the anh relationship to the corridor banter state. i personally think something big had to have happened there. nothing like them falling in love or anything, but something definitely happened. han had a reason for saying that leia had feelings for him, but was in denial. its quite obvious by even her reaction to him leaving. its this old news or what?! lol.

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    OMG! [face_laugh] i love it :D both han and leia are so in character it's hilarious [face_laugh] han was awesome :D [face_love]

can't wait for more :)

~TJF

7. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Oh yeah! This REALLY looks good! I can hardly wait for more! :)

8. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    i put reeikan in cupid mode lol...i always thought hed be the perfect devils advocate for leia...lol

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Intriguing beginning.

Look forward to seeing what happens.

10. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    of smugglers and princesses so far is now on the real internet...as in on a pretty colored website... :p

The Smuggler and His Princess

click on fanfiction, and it will bring you to it...its very pretty.

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Good beginning! Looking forward to see how Han and Leia can cope being next to each other for so long! :)

12. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    puggy...i love your signature...thats awesome...carrie and i have one more thing in common.

i will someday get the rest of this written...im really lazy so i procrastinate by reading other fanfiction and putting off my own. "i shall return, i promise."

13. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Nice site! Still looking forward to more! :)

14. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    fine, ill get writing instead of reading other fanfictions for the 50th time. lol

so what kind of things would you all be interested in me writing...anybody want to add in stuff? anybody with a lot of time on their hands want to help me organize my website and update it? anybody? ah well, itll be my personal haven i suppose.

the rest of my fat site is at Adventure Movies

15. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I like so far! They really nedd more Han and Leia stories on the boards! I can't wait to read more

~*Rose*~

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
  17. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Awww, they can't be more than 20 feet apart...that's a complication :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003