main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~Of Snow and Stars~: A V/P two-part story (A timeless encounter in store for Vader!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmpressJade, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    Title: Of Snow and Stars
    Timeframe: 3 years pre ANH, 16 years post ROTS, inter-trilogy (AU)
    Characters: Vader & a certain Spirit of Vader?s past
    Themes: Mystery, angst and romance
    Plot Summary: Whilst attending at an Imperial base on the snow planet Ilum, A surge in the Force leads Vader into a realm where he encounters a memory of his past thought to be long forgotten consoling him, in the form of an angel. ?Momentarily.

Authors Notes: Guess I haven?t posted up anything new until now, so here?s a fic to celebrate the Christmas year, where we find out exactly ?what does a Dark Lord of the Sith such as Darth Vader have to do during a winter?s season/ Christmas, well I?ve came up with a scenario for our Jedi-tunred Sith with how he experiences the emotions with the wonders of winter with a Christmassy feel. A scene is also inspired by Tim Burton?s Edward Scissorhands, hope you?ll find out which inspiration it is! Hope you enjoy, and have a great read! :)

~*~*~*~

~Love is more than a candle, its purifying light melts the coldest of hearts~

~*~*~*~

Part 1:

In the gathering darkness that blanketed Ilum?s frost-edged skies, stars barely glittered through the dense fog above.
    Evening had came and it foreshadowed a being who?s existence delves in darkness, Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith emerged from his private quarters built especially for him during his rather rare visits to the snow covered planet. He had recently attended for a meeting with Imperial affairs who?s team worked here for many years since the base had been first established by the Galactic Empire,
    to intercept any Jedi who might recklessly return to obtain Adegan crystals which are used in the construction of their lightsabers.
    Ilum had been home to many of those crystals, yet it was also a place to many caverns that held them.
    But for Vader this planet held a secret in which he had kept hidden for most of his adult life.
    No matter how much he had tried to blank it out, Vader could not escape from the fact that this is where he had built his first lightsaber, as a 12-year-old boy as part of his training with the man called Obi-Wan whom he had once called his master, a planet of a memory of who he once was.
    For himself however these memories were of no importance, he had made himself bound to his duty to the Empire and as the apprentice to the dreaded Emperor Palpatine whose entire forces plagued the very reaches of the galaxy, who made a pact with Vader on that day 16 years earlier when the true face of a once understanding and humble Chancellor of the Old Galactic Republic had been revealed before him, and that through him he will learn the knowledge of how to protect and save the woman he most loved before, before his love had taken from him.
    In which his Master had told him she had died at the very height of his anger, and have since then felt nothing but the fury and self-loathing that had driven him on all these years.
    That was another fact of his past life, which was a path he dares not to tread upon.
    Vader had trained himself becoming hardened and impervious to such emotions of joy and sorrow.
    For the memory of his loss still remained in the murkiness of the dark Lord?s mind.
    Not so long ago Vader had been in meditation focusing on the powerful energies which the Dark side wrapped him in.
    Yet something was trying to pry into the concentration of his Force meditation in his private chamber, his mental block had done little to ignore it as insignificant and it felt as though a something was trying to call out to him mentally and had been becoming more unlimited and difficult to focus. He cut himself back to reality and therefore decided to take matters outside of the technological surroundings, which filled the base

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I trusted you once Padme,I had trusted you blindly you should have come with me on that day safe from harm, yet I can?t help what I feel no matter where I go, I can almost feel you near me. Feel your presence once more; I want you?by my side.
    I did what I had to do for you and the child we would have had together?we would have loved?That is the way it should have been?now and forever!

?To be angry is to be human.? A memory echoed across time.

Looks like you've got yourself a very good story here! :D Please PM me when you update.

=D=

3. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    This looks good! Add me please to the PM list.

Vader then began to focus on the tiny remains of crushed ice the tiny fragments of snowflakes glittered in the palm of his gloved hand, So, this is snow?

He begins to find awe in small things, to feel human again. This is good. :)

4. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Thanks for reading Vadey![:D]Glad you like it so far, sure I'll PM the next chapter sometime by next week to come! :)

ROTSFan: Welcome aboard ROTSFan! I'm glad you think the story so far sounds good and yes i'll PM you the next chapter I have in store! Thankyou for reading the first half and for your kind feedback! :)

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I trusted you once Padme,I had trusted you blindly you should have come with me on that day safe from harm, yet I can?t help what I feel no matter where I go, I can almost feel you near me. Feel your presence once more; I want you?by my side.
    I did what I had to do for you and the child we would have had together?we would have loved?That is the way it should have been?now and forever!

Just heartbreaking. :_|

An excellent start! Definitely PM me when you update. :)

6. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    Gina:An excellent start! Definitely PM me when you update.
    Thankyou for your kind reply G! :D Yes I will definatley PM you the next and final chapter in this two-part story!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it and you can PM me when you update.

8. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Loved it and you can PM me when you update.
    Sure earlybird, i'll PM you the next post soon, thankyou for reading this. :)

9. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    *This is my last post to the story and I would like to thank those who have read the first half so far,:) it has been a wonder to write something that revolves around the Dark Lord and his angel. O:)This was an X-mas fic but things got a little busy and is running a couple of weeks late, but now I'd like to close those ties here.*
    Hope you like the next half, it may be a little longer than the first!

Part 2:

I sense something?
    He was not sure what it was, yet he felt that strange sensation calling to him, not willing to break it?s mental contact with Vader, the Dark Lord prepared himself his lightsaber held at the ready as he ventured into the unknown cavern?s entrance, using his Force awareness to alert him of any danger that could be lurking within the darkness of the cave, particularly predatory Gorgondons that preyed upon anything foolish enough to cross their path on the snowy plateaus of Ilum, Vader however was never foolish, he knew of this planets inhabitants long before the Empire?s rule, in another time.
    The Force?s energy could not pinpoint any living being?s life signature to Vader?s knowledge, yet in those minutes taking a few steps into a tunnel from the cave?s opening a sudden indescribable urge took over, a newly awoken feeling of curiosity and possibly even a little wonder as he noticed a feint glow ahead of him which seemed to glow brighter with each step Vader took foreword, he felt to his private astonishment as if he carried those same feelings which he had not felt since he was young.
    The tunnel was lit with an illumining glow, which made the small crystals embedded in the snow-iced walls glitter like diamonds and finally Vader reached the tunnels end which let him into a centre of a large, domed roofed cavern, he allowed his vision to take in the many masses of crystals gathered together like formless ice-sculptures that shone as bright as an angel?s halo, their light delved around them, the very sight of these tightened Vader?s throat in sheer wonder and automatically loosened his grip on his lightsaber attached to his belt.
    He was frozen where he stood staring at the ethereal glow that basked these crystals, without thinking of his sudden action Vader surrendered the urge he fought within as he reached out with his gloved fingers into the pulsating glow that surrounded him, and felt an unnatural sensation that shot through his fingers through the metallic android frame that served as his arm and warmed his very heart. He in all his years could not believe what he could feel as he let as though his hand could touch in response like he could feel a long time ago, when his hands and arms were made of flesh, he was sure that he did not just imagine that sense of touch, he could actually feel it!
    It felt wonderful.

Yet despite having surgically, grafted machinery that replaced his arms could he almost feel in that moment somewhat whole again, that was how Vader could explain it.
    Then his mind took in his surroundings and took his hand out of the bathing light, he though he could almost feel the velvety softness of a woman?s skin to his sudden shock and felt his anguish take hold once more, ?If you can hear me my love,? Vader called outwardly, to an opening in the cave?s ceiling where the stars of night shone from the heavens into the cave centre, ?I cannot think of another way to spend each Winter?s passing to be without you, those were the time we used to celebrate together, Padme?I?m sorry?I?m so sorry?I miss you so much.?
    Vader took in his words and dipped his helmeted head in utmost shame as his despair of his loss came rushing back to him; those words to his surprise came from the very core of Vader, like the warming glow of the ice-crystals that surrounded him.

?You may deny it this time, but as I look into your heart where the light shines I knew one day you?ll find a way?there is still good

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW, stunningly beautiful.@};- Great writing and Anakin isn't truly evil. And he will be redeemed.

=D==D==D=

11. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    I loved the whole atmosphere you created, from the everpresent snow to the ice crystals. I could picture it perfectly-beautiful!

A sudden gust of wind and snowflakes caught the last flickering, beautiful image of Padme, smiling to her love for the last time, and like the ripples that muddle?s a person?s reflection she vanished from sight completely as the icy wind howled into the open crevice in the cave above, leaving in the place cold and empty.

Nice description. I liked the part where he was able to immortalize on a cold planet a sculpture of Padme, and that she and Shmi could send their regards [face_love]

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Incredibly beautiful! :_| =D=

?Annie,? the angel reassured him lovingly, ?Don?t live entirely in self pity, it will dominate your life, you know we have shared so many wonderful memories, your mother was not able to break the barrier to the living world but she entrusted me to speak to your of how much she missed you and had always kept you in her heart, and no matter what happens she will always love you she wanted me to tell you this.?

Simply wonderful! [face_love] =D=

13. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan posted: WOW, stunningly beautiful. Great writing and Anakin isn't truly evil. And he will be redeemed.

Thankyou v. much early![face_blush] :) Yep we all know that deep down in that dark suit of armour there's still a good person in there. He'll learn to be back to his good self in time! ;)

ROTSFan posted: Nice description. I liked the part where he was able to immortalize on a cold planet a sculpture of Padme, and that she and Shmi could send their regards

Thankyou for your kind words! I'm glad that you liked the atmospheric descriptions, :) and that you found a scene you liked at the end, a scene from Edward Scissorhands where he carves snow angel from ice by his blade-edged hands inspired me to write this. Also nice to see that you liked the part not only Padme but Shmi could also send their regards to the fallen former Jedi. This may be a V/P fic but I also wanted to add the mention of his mother who is always looking down on him in spirit. O:)

VaderLV64: Awww...Thankyou very much MamaVader!:)[face_blush]

14. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So beautiful! :_| :_| I love that he carved the ice sculpture of her, depicting her as an angel. You did a great job of showing the bit of Anakin Skywalker that he held on to, the bit of himself that eventually makes his redemption possible.

To Padme Amidala Skywalker, beloved wife, mother, Queen and Senator, may the angels watch over you and that someday we will be together.

Just lovely! =D=

15. EmpressJade

Sep 9, 2005
    Gina: Thanks Gina! :) Nice to see that you liked the scene of Vader/Anakin carving the angel of Padme,for the story I wanted to his character to keep a special memory of her the best way instead of lingering on the fact of what he had done to her when he saw her the last time in his life. Thanks again very much for your kind words! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.