Of Spies and Sabacc (Pre-ESB/Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie) Thanks for the Noms!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LadyPadme, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy21 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I love this story. :)
    I'm just mad that I did not find it earlier, but I get to read a dozen pages of posts all at once! :D
    Up!

2. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    DarthMasan: Thanks!

LovelyLea: Oh, fellow H/L lover...I just wish I could put in 10x more but I couldn't figure out how to do that and keep it canon--there's still some more to come, though. *winks*

inez: Han...that old softie - Agrees...sigh...

Amy21: Welcome aboard. Glad to have you join the story!
  3. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Chapter Thirty-three

?Artoo! What are you doing out here? And where is Master Luke??

Artoo gave off a flurry of warbles and beeps and rocked from side to side in his agitation. Hanging from his retractable arm was Luke?s black emergency pack.

?Artoo says that Master Luke left the cave last night and hasn?t returned. By Artoo?s chronometer, Master Luke has been gone for sixteen hours, thirty-four minutes and twenty-two seconds. Artoo is very concerned.?

?Any contact since Luke left?? Han asked.

A negative beep.

?Well, how did you end up back down here? Last time I looked you guys were in the asteroid belt.?

Artoo warbled out an explanation detailing the chase and subterfuge Luke used to escape from the Imperial TIE fighters, ending with the forced landing because of the damage to the X-wing.

Leia sighed. ?Where?s Luke?s ship? I can?t believe he?d go back to the X-wing without you, but maybe that would be a starting point.?

Artoo beeped his agreement and rolled out of the cave. The rest of them followed him. They retraced Artoo?s route back out along the dusty trails.

?Something doesn?t feel right,? Leia said as she walked. She looked around but could see nothing out of place. The trail before them was dusty and appeared pockmarked as though there were holes made in the ground, but Leia had seen such formations after meteor showers and assumed they were the cause. That wasn?t what bothered her; what made her nervous was the sensation that the five of them weren?t alone. Something was out there, and that something was all around them.

?What?s not right?? Han asked.

Leia shook her head, unable to explain. ?It?s just a feeling. A nervous twitch, I guess.? Next to her, Mishi gave a fearful growl.

Han looked concerned. ?I have a bad feeling about this.?

Despite their anxieties the rest of the trip along the mountain trails was uneventful. They continued to follow Artoo until they came to the location where the X-wing had been the previous night.

The X-wing was gone.

Artoo whistled in alarm and starting rocking again with beeps and warbles.

?Artoo says he has the coordinates right, but the X-wing isn?t here.?

Chewbacca gave a growl.

?You?re right,? Han said. ?It does look like a lot of tracks in the dust around here. You think the Empire captured Luke and also took the X-wing.?

?It?s possible,? Leia agreed. ?But then, where?s Luke? Where do we even begin to look for him??

Chewbacca growled out a suggestion.

?Hey, good idea, Chewie. Artoo, can you locate Luke?s X-wing? I have a feeling he?s not too far from his ship.?

Artoo beeped in the affirmative and then gave a longer series of warbles and toots.

?Artoo says that Master Luke?s location appears to be approximately eight kilometers toward the southeast,? C-3PO translated.

They stood for a moment looking in that direction. They were at the foothills of the mountains. Behind them lay the mountains and before them was the beginning of a seemingly endless expanse of dusty plains. They started in the direction that Threepio indicated heading into the plains.

After they had gone approximately six hundred meters, there was a sudden rumbling, and one of the geysers a few hundred meters in front of them started gushing water. The surge lasted for several minutes, with several hundred thousand tons of water being spouted into the air. Curiously enough, when the water reached ground, the soil was so porous that the water simply disappeared right back into the dirt.

Finally, the geyser stopped spouting water and an eerie silence settled around them. Leia shivered suddenly. That feeling that something wasn?t right was upon her again, stronger than before. Suddenly, there was a loud rumble that seemed to be coming from the somewhere in front of them. It started off as a low rumble that built up louder and louder; the ground beneath their feet seemed to tremble as whatever was making the noise approached them.

Fifty meters from where they stood, the ground suddenly seemed to explode. A huge cl
  4. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Looks like Luke's rescue team will need to be rescued as well.
  5. Kirana_Ti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow... I go write my last exam, and there are two posts up! Very nice treat!
    I must say, Lady Padme, you have a knack for creating wonderful monsters!
    And yes, I am done my exams now... story ideas won't probably come until next week because I'm insanely busy this weekend...

And it's nice to see some more H/L action! Woo! But I still think Mishi is evil.....

Kirana Ti
  6. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep, true to form, trouble always seem to follow Han and everyone who has the misfortune of being in his company. ;)

LadyPadme, not only do you write interaction between the characters well, but you also write very good action scenes. Cool monster by the way. :)
  7. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Rebel_Mom: Help comes in strange guises. ;)

Kirana_Ti: My monsters and I thank you for the kind compliment!

As for Mishi, what's wrong with a droid that can send and receive information on Imperial frequencies, carries grenades, detonators, blasters and dart guns? He's really quite cuddly!

Sologal: Thanks - I'm glad my Centranax is so popular. :)

Hmmm...readership between posts seems to be dwindling down. Is everyone too busy out there doing their Christmas shopping or studying for finals? Okay, LP sets out some food:

One big platter of sliced filet mignon with mushroom sauce, another of wild rice and herbs sauteed with onions, one platter of string beans with almonds, a big bowl of pasta fra diavolo, a basket of homebaked biscuits, one big, densepacked cheesecake, some cinnamon sugar cookies and many bottles of spiced apple cider and soda. Come in and enjoy!

8. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    *comes in, looks at the food and drools* WOW! that looks good!
    nice going with the H/L relationship!!! :)
    Keep up the story!
    *grabs a plate and starts to get servings*
    These people should hurry if they want food....;)
    :D 8-}

9. Amy21 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I want two servings!
    Hm, the post is great and the food is delicious...I guess three tests in a row isn't such a pain after all.
    Uppy! :D
  10. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

DarthMasan: Thanks - glad you enjoy the food.

Oh, and glad you enjoy the post, too... :)

Amy21: Finals? Good luck!

More postie soon. :D
  11. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Chapter Thirty-four

The little creatures were humanoid in form. They were small, with leathery, pinkish-grey skin, very small eyes and very large, floppy, pointed ears. They had elongated snouts with moist, black noses. Some of the creatures wore strips of grayish rags around their waists. Some had dirty headbands affixed with trinkets that were clearly manufactured: buttons, bobbles and knick-knacks. All of them carried a weapon of some sort: a metal rod, a jagged knife, and even rusty blasters. Altogether, they were some of the ugliest and most unprepossessing creatures that the crew from the Millennium Falcon had ever seen.

Unfortunately, they numbered in the several thousands. They had popped out of the holes in the ground that Leia had seen earlier that day, and stood silently, assessing the off-worlders who stood in an apprehensive little group.

Finally, after several moments of silence, one of the creatures approached. It was more stooped and wrinkly than the others, with crooked claws it leaned on a long staff for support. It seemed to be a creature of some consequence. The headband it wore was the most elaborate; every inch was covered with some sort of trinket. The creature walked slowly and deliberately, and then started speaking in a high-pitched, jabbery voice, giving a very lengthy speech.

Threepio, supported by Artoo and Mishi was brought out front to converse with the creature. After listening for several minutes, the golden droid was distracted by Han?s impatient: ?Can you translate what he said??

?Why, yes, Captain Solo,? Threepio said, excitedly. ?This is Chappo, he is their leader. They are called the Shapiti. They speak a very primitive dialect?but it appears to be related to the Shuwari tribes of the Bardoki system that?s about??

?What did he say?? Han interrupted.

?Why, he conveys his greetings to us, Captain Solo,? Threepio translated, ?And he is giving us thanks for killing the Centranax.?

?The what?? Leia asked.

?That?that horrible beast that attacked us,? Threepio said, ?I gather that?s the Centranax.?

Some more translation ensued, and then Threepio continued, ?The Centranax apparently appears once every century and wreaks havoc on the Shapiti and any other living creature around. The Centranax has a special taste for Shapiti; they say their weapons are no match for the beast. Whenever it comes out of hibernation, it roams around and kills for a year, then disappears back underground for another century of hibernation. This Centranax was just starting its wake cycle again, when we killed it.?

?That thing comes out of the ground once in a hundred years and we beat the odds by just happening to show up on its wake cycle?? Han was incredulous. ?I should have bought the Imperial lottery ticket last week!?

Chappo started talking again, and after a few moments, Threepio translated again, ?Chappo says that they now owe us a debt, but?he appears quite anxious over this debt.?

?Why?? Leia asked.

More translation ensued, and lasted for several minutes.

Finally, Han could stand it no longer. ?Threepio, if you don?t translate something soon I?m going to kick your circuits from here to Coruscant.?

Threepio turned around, startled. ?I?m sorry, Captain Solo, but Chappo was giving me such a fascinating history of their society. Apparently, the Shapiti are a native species to this planet. They were enslaved by the miners before the mountains were depleted of the parelite, and then they were abandoned here when the miners left. They were most anxious when they saw us earlier because they are afraid that you?re here to enslave them again.?

Chewbacca gave a threatening growl on hearing the mention of ?slave?, which frightened a few Shapiti into giving terrified squeals.

?Threepio, tell them that we?re not here to enslave them, but we need their help,? Leia said. ?Do you think they could help us find Luke??

Threepio translated, and another lengthy discussion followed.

?Luke! Can they help us find Luke?? Han interrupted, getting impat
  12. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    well they should feel lucky that they didn't have crazed cult memember chassing after them as they sped through the tunnels. ..

sorry Indiana Jones flashback ;)

whooohooo now just to take out the illequiped imperial base and rescue Luke .. .

lets see they have Han, Chewie, Leia, Artoo, Threepio, and Mishi. . .

so thats two blasters, a bowcaster, an arc welder and who knows what sort of armary Mishi is caring. . . and then. . . there's a army of the Shipiti . .. yeah more than enough to carry it off ;)
  13. Kirana_Ti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Now, Chappo, there's a little creature I like! Way to go, killing off that creature that appears everyone one hundred years... tho' you have to worry somewhat about the natural ecology of the land.
    Did you say something about food?
    ;)
    And I've decided to get to work on fleshing out a story idea I found laying around... I have a few unfinished fanfics and I think that if I rework one of them, we might have something good going!

Now, give me some of that food!
    Kirana Ti
  14. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  15. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    [Homer Simpson] FOOO-OOOD [/Homer Simpson]

Anyway, I've been around, just too busy to post. :) I also had Indiana Jones flashbacks. For a while there, I was wondering if they would have to jump over a ravine or something. :p

I love how the droids are watching out for each other. ;)

inez
  16. eeyore Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can't wait to see what happens next! Nice job as always! :D
  17. Amy21 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Whoo-hoo! They found Luke. Now they only need to kill the Imps and get Luke out of there before Vader decides to pay a visit.
  18. Kirana_Ti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah, just felt this needed an up....

Kirana Ti
  19. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

maramijade: How nice to see you again!
    Actually, I was thinking more shades of Harry Potter riding under the Gringotts' vault, but now that you mention it, it does seem reminiscent of Indiana Jones. (smacks forehead! How could I have forgotten?)

Kirana_Ti: I like Chappo, too :) Thanks for the up. Can't wait to hear your ideas.

RebelMom: Definitely more to come. :)

inez: glad you like the food. (Smacks head a second time that story is completed, and I never thought to put in a scene where they race over a rickety bridge over a ravine! Duh!) :D

eeyore: Thanks!

Amy21: Coming out with the escape scenario...to come out after midnight!

Wow, quite the response to that food. LP looks around and gets ready an empty space where she places:

Lobster bisque, large rack of lamb, artichaux olympique (this is a Julia Child's recipe, so yes, VERY fattening), scallopined potatoes, and for dessert, a choice of creme brulee with blueberry sauce or warm soft chocolate cake (it's a recipe where even failures taste good!) Enjoy. More later tonight.
  20. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    wow! excelent post!
    YUMMMY!! MORE FOOD!!!!
    :D
  21. Kirana_Ti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ew, lobster. Mmmmm... Lamb. And *drool* chocolate cake...
    I suppose you have me back for more!
    I am glad to see a few more people posting.. hehe, I've been with this thread for so long that I'm starting to feel somewhat possessive of it!
    Lady Padme: Alright, I seem to have run into the snag on the SW fic. And it's entirely my fault. You see, I just go back from Star Trek Nemesis (shhhhhhh! NO, I am NOT evil!) and well, now I have the incredable desire to write a TNG fic! Ahhhhh! Internal war of the 'shippers!
    But don't worry, I will watch the OT again to try and get myself back in the mood....

*goes back to fantasies about Shinzon...* ;)
    Kirana Ti
  22. inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it possible to gain weight in cyberspace?

inez
  23. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    DarthMasan: glad you liked it. Eat up!

Kirana_Ti: I'm actually very flattered that you've taken such an active interest in this story! It's really given me a lot of encouragement throughout!

Now...about this--um--heresy...I think what you need to do is to sit down in a quiet room (are your finals over?) and watch the original trilogy: both original release and the special edition (yes, all three movies twice!) When you're able to recite all of R2-D2's beeps and whistles by heart, then you can come out... :p

Just kidding. I like ST, although I liked the campy original ST better. Still, I went to see "The Tempest" on Broadway just to see Patrick Stewart.

Anyway, whenever the SW plot bunnies strike, I'll be happy to hear what they have to say! :)

inez - Have a second helping. It's the holidays. Just surrender--there's no good fighting the trend until January 2nd. :D

24. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Darned transit strike tommorrow. Need to get to bed early, so I'm going to post this now...

Chapter Thirty-five

The Dark Lord of the Sith strode briskly into the main hangar on Executor. In his wake were scores of shipboard personnel who were picking themselves up, having been Force-thrown against the walls by Vader?s wrath.

In the two hours since Vader had been informed that Luke had been captured, he had been prevented from leaving by a sudden, capricious Imperial summons. The Emperor had commanded a holographic audience, which dragged interminably, as Palpatine discussed multiple issues related to the administration of his vast Empire. Every topic the Emperor brought up was valid and needed resolution, however, Vader couldn?t help suspect if there was something behind Palpatine?s unexpected audience at this time. Did Palpatine somehow know about Vader?s meeting with Luke, and how it affected him? Was his master mocking him?

Vader told himself he was imagining things. True, Palpatine was known for his sadistic ways of tormenting his servants and minions, yet, the Emperor hadn?t baited Vader in years; not since he taunted Vader about Padmé?s fidelity, and was nearly killed by an enraged Sith apprentice. Vader had paid a heavy price for that outburst, but the Emperor had also been careful not to turn his careless cruelty onto the Dark Lord again.

In all, Vader was in a foul mood when he left the holograph chamber and headed toward his shuttle. Over two hours wasted! He was impatient to see Luke again, to plan Luke?s education in the Dark Side, and to examine again the taproot of fascination the young man held for him. The first unfortunate young ensign who approached the Dark Lord over some insignificant request found himself flung against the wall with such force that his neck snapped. Others who were unfortunate enough to be standing in the hallway also felt the power of Vader?s wrath.

The Dark Lord crossed the hangar and climbed up the loading ramp. ?Follow the coordinates transmitted,? he ordered.

?Yes sir,? the shuttle pilot answered with alacrity, starting the preflight check.

?Now what?? Han asked, seeing Luke in the distance. ?We can?t just run out there and nab him. There must be a hundred storm troopers out there.?

?Well, whatever we do, we have to do it fast,? Leia said, with a sense of urgency in her voice. ?I don?t think they?re going to keep Luke here for long. Look, there! It looks like they?re heading for that speeder! If they get him up into one of the Star Destroyers??

Chewbacca gave a growl.

They studied the situation before them. It did not look promising. Leia suppressed a groan as she tried to go over options in her mind. There were none that didn?t seem to promise captivity aboard another Imperial ship.

Behind them, Chappo began jabbering excitedly again, alarming Han, Leia and Chewbacca.

?Hush him!? Leia hissed, ?They?ll hear!?

?M?Mistress Leia,? Threepio said, hesitantly, ?Chappo says he has a plan to help you recover Master Luke.?

?Oh yeah?? Han asked. ?Why don?t I like the sound of this already??

Chewbacca growled.

?What?s the plan?? Leia asked, but the Shapiti were already leaving. Some of them retreated the way they came; others disappeared down small holes in the ground. ?Wait, what are we supposed to do??

?Chappo says to wait until you hear the falling rocks,? Threepio instructed, ?Then you will know what to do.

?Wait?know what to do? Wait until?whoa! Falling rocks!? Han was alarmed, ?What the hell do you mean, falling rocks??

Han?s question was answered minutes later, as they heard a frightening rumbling noise from the mountains above and around them, which grew steadily louder by the moment. Dust and dirt shaken off the cave ceiling above them rained down on their heads.

?Oh, great,? Han muttered, ?Just the way I always wanted to die, buried alive.?

?Look!? Leia said, pointing. The rumbling noise had attracted the attention of the storm troopers and the majority of th
  25. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Putting this in as filler. Want to get to the next page where...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.