main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Spies and Sabacc (Pre-ESB/Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie) Thanks for the Noms!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by LadyPadme, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    H
    A
    P
    P
    Y

H
    A
    L
    L
    O
    W
    E
    E
    N

Hi, RebelMom. That was just a teaser with Vader...he won't really come back into the picture for a while.

2. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Obviously Dreko doesn't have horse sense if he thinks he can barter with Vader. Of course, his biggest mistake was in taking Han and Chewie prisoner in the first place. ;)

3. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Sologal: Well, Han did say that Dreko was a lousy, small-time smuggler...

Anyway, onto the next post. Enjoy! :)

?Ryesa!? Luke exclaimed, ?What are you doing here??

?No time to explain,? Ryesa said, urgently, as she entered the room. She turned off the lightsaber and tossed it to Luke. From a pack at her waist, she pulled out blasters, which she threw to each of the four in the room. As she was distributing weapons, they heard from behind the door the sounds of Dreko?s men, who had been mobilized by the crashing noise of the wall falling in. The men were frantically trying to open the door and enter.

?Let?s go!? Ryesa urged, backing out of the room.

One by one, they followed her out of the vault to the back of the compound. A dozen men and humanoids were standing behind Ryesa with blasters, and behind them were R2-D2 and C-3PO.

R2-D2 gave a happy beep in greeting and C-3PO cried out, ?Oh, it?s so good to know you?re all alive.?

Han stopped in the act of emerging from the vault, ?You?re kidding, right? What genius decided to bring Goldenrod along??

?He?s been helping to translate!? Leia said, as she fled from the vault toward the river.

?Oh, let no rescue mission be complete without him,? Han muttered under his breath.

?Come on, we don?t have time!? Ryesa urged again.

Indeed, behind them, Dreko?s men had succeeded in opening the door to the vault and were pouring in after their escaped captives. From the outside, Dreko?s men had also run toward the back of the compound, having heard the commotion of the wall breaking in. Within moments, over a hundred of Dreko?s men had come out.

Han, Leia, Luke, Chewbacca, Ryesa and her friends all raised their weapons, determined to fight rather than surrender. In front of them were Dreko?s men and behind them were a few Palyano trees and the T?kla River. As they all readied for the fight, Leia raised her blaster with her right hand, and her left hand went up to her neck where she was used to fingering the jappor necklace she normally wore. Her mother had given the necklace to her when she was very young, and Leia usually always wore it under her clothes. In her excitement and nervousness, Leia forgot that she had taken it off earlier that day when she had put on Pago Tekor?s gold necklace. She started fingering the gold necklace and the small ball trinket on the necklace began to rattle.

Dreko?s men started firing, and the Alliance fighters all dove behind the nearest Palyano trees for cover. Dreko?s men were ferocious fighters, but their prisoners were more determined as they were fighting for their lives.

?Oh my! Not again!? C-3PO moaned, ?Aaargh! Aah!? as he rushed for cover. Next to him R2-D2 beeped in frustration, wanting to help.

A Sullust, a Jenet and six humans circled off to the side of the Palyano trees, trying to surround the prisoners.

?Watch out, Leia!? Han shouted as he saw the Sullust take aim on her right side. Leia didn?t hear him in the crossfire, and Han dove for her, knocking her down on her back, while he shot the Sullust with his blaster.

Leia had the breath knocked out of her when the Corellian fell on top of her, but Han gave her a wicked grin, ?Too bad there?s not enough time for more.? And then he was on his feet shooting at another assailant.

Leia was torn between indignation and fear, as she struggled to her feet, firing on an advancing Tunroth, who fell with a scream. Behind Han were Luke and Ryesa, with three of Ryesa?s partners who formed an effective firing squad, shooting down several of Dreko?s men who were foolish enough to continue their frontal assault. Chewbacca had climbed onto one of the Palyano trees and was raining blaster fire down on his enemies.

Five enormous Greshers charged toward the prisoners, baring their lethal canines. Four were quickly gunned down. The last charged Ryesa who ducked down and did a quick side-twisting somersault roll, evading the creature. As soon as she was upright, she aimed her blaster and shot the Gresher.

Two

4. Ohmy_Dry_Martini

Ohmy_Dry_Martini Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2001
    Great posts LP!

Happy Hallowe'en all!

5. Kspooks

Kspooks Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2002
    Ahh! Great post! You can't leave us hanging like that, though! Can't wait until the next post.

6. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *screams*

NO!!!

*pauses*

I mean - that's great! That means there's more of this story to read! :D I can't wait to see what happens!

And sorry I missed all those posts . . . :(

Anyway, great post. :)

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Cliffhanger! Yikes. Lots of good action there. Looking forward to the next post.

8. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Ohmy_Dry_Martini: Happy Halloween to you, too! Nice to see you back. :)

kspooks: Welcome to the story! Glad you're enjoying it...can't leave you hanging, eh? Hehehe!! :)

Obaona: * Waves happily *
    Glad to see you back :D

RebelMom: Thanks! More to follow tomorrow.

LP is surprised :eek:
    No one noticed the 'jappor' reference?

Anyway, next post tomorrow.

9. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Excellent post! I'm glad to know there's more to come. :)

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Hi, Sologal, glad you liked it.

Next post as follows:

Chapter Fourteen

The ships Darth Vader ordered from Ralgeer had arrived in the Konedor system. Vader hadn?t trusted Dreko, sensing, through the Force, the lies behind Dreko?s words. The ships had been sent as a persuasion to Dreko in the negotiations. The captains of the three ships had expected to spend a lot of down time waiting for nothing before being sent back to Ralgeer. Consequently, the captains were delighted when this unexpected quarry shot into view. Their on-board recognition software immediately identified this YT-1300 as a wanted ship.

?All right,? Han muttered, as he warily eyed the Star Destroyers, two of which were in front of him, and one of which was ?above? him. ?I?m having some strange feelings of déjà vu.?

Chewbacca growled in agreement, as he adjusted the deflector shields.

?All right, Chewie, let?s set six-nine-seven.?

Chewbacca complied, and the ship immediately went into a ninety-degree dive. From the main lounge behind the cockpit, Han heard a metallic thunk, and gave a wicked smile of satisfaction as he pictured that enormously annoying droid?s fall.

?Han, what?s going on?? Leia?s voice came over the intercom, crisp and business-like.

?We?ve got trouble,? Han replied, watching his screens. The Star Destroyers had changed course and were following the elliptoid ship with their lasers firing. He tried to pull away from tractor beam range as quickly as possible. ?You guys okay back there??

?We?re fine,? Luke answered, ?Do you need help??

A blast rocked the ship but was easily absorbed by the deflector shields.

Han looked down on his scopes and saw the tiny blips indicating TIE fighters approaching, ?I need some help manning the gunports.?

?I?ll be right there,? Luke said.

?No, you will stay here and rest,? Leia commanded. ?Han, I?m coming up front.?

A few seconds later, Leia raced into the cockpit. Her pupils dilated as she saw the Star Destroyers on the scopes. The Star Destroyers had changed course and were now trying to surround and corral this elusive target. Two-dozen small blips indicated TIE fighters coming from the ships and approaching the Falcon in attack formation.

?Oh, blast!? Leia exclaimed.

Han grinned as he moved the throttle, sending the Falcon into a sharp turn as another blast rocked the ship. ?I?m sure you?re glad you got out of bed this morning.?

?What the hell is going on?? Leia asked, anxious that somehow the spy from the Alerion base had informed the Empire that she, Luke, Han and Chewbacca had gone to Konedor. ?Why is the Empire out there??

?They were in a holding pattern when we came out,? Han said, ?They were waiting for someone. I don?t know if we were the target before, but we are now.?

?And you can?t make the jump to light speed??

?I have to get out from under a lot of this interference,? Han explained, ?So, are you two going to go shoot some TIE fighters to clear my path or stand around watching??

Leia and Chewbacca quickly ran out of the cockpit and up to the two gun towers. As they started strapping themselves into their seats, Han took the ship on another wild turn. Leia nearly fell out of her seat. ?What are you doing? Are you flying drunk?? she shouted irately into the intercom as she strapped herself in.

?It gets better when I?m drunk, sweetheart,? Han said, as he dove the ship down again. ?You sure you know what you?re doing up there, Your Worship??

?Easy,? Leia replied, ?When I shoot, I?ll just imagine I?m hitting you.?

With that Leia began firing, hitting her first three targets in a row. In the other gunport, Chewbacca was doing even better, having blasted away five ships.

Han sent the Falcon into a twisting spiral that allowed him to neatly slip through the snare of the Imperial ships. Now, all three Star Destroyers and all but four TIE fighters were far behind them. Leia and Chewbacca quickly dispatched those fighters as Han got his final coordinates from the nav-comput

11. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    They got away! :D

Now what's next? :)

12. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Obaona: Well, phase one was getting Han out, but we still haven't uncovered the spy, yet, right? That's the next phase. :)

13. Kirana_Ti

Kirana_Ti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Ahhh... it has taken me so long but I finally caught up with you!!! I am really enjoying your story! Please keep it coming... You did a good job keeping us guessing about that Twi'lek (I totally spelled that wrong) Can't wait for more!

Kirana Ti

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Okay, it's still 9PM in California, but on the East Coast, it's past midnight and now it's November 2nd, so, since I'm going to spend most of my waking hours chasing after an overexcited, screaming three year old at his birthday party, I'll put up the post now:

HAPPY

BIRTH
    DAY

ALEX

Balloons floating everywhere... :) :)

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Kirana_Ti: Welcome on board! Glad you're enjoying the story, so far. Hope the next part lives up to your expectations. :)

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm enjoying this. Han's lines are great. :)

17. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks, RebelMom.

Yippee! Back to the old colors. My eyes feel better already!

18. Ohmy_Dry_Martini

Ohmy_Dry_Martini Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2001
    Thoroughly enjoying the story so far LP and hanging on for more!

Happy belated birthday to Alex!

19. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks, Ohmy_Dry_Martini!

Next post tomorrow. :)

Alex is playing "Hungry Hippo", but he'd thank you if I could explain the Internet to him... ;)

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    And it's my birthday today!

I'll take post 144 in celebration!

:)

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Two great action sequences, LadyPadme!

Can't wait for more! )

22. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks HanSolo29

I read somewhere recently that you're the new Governor of the Han Solo Fan Club somewhere within the Force.net? Coo-el! Congratulations! :D

How does one report to the Senate?

23. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Okay, these next two posts may be a bit of a let down after the last few, but it's kind of a necessary set-up for the rest of the story, so please bear with me...

Chapter Fifteen

?Anything else you?d like to add, Princess?? General Rieekan asked, as Leia finished recounting the events on Konedor. They were in one of the conference rooms on the ship Emancipator, the flagship of the Alerion fleet. Strictly speaking, within the Alliance, Leia?s status was as high as the General?s, but since the General commanded most of the troops that were flying in the Alerion Fleet, she deferred to him, out of courtesy.

?I think that?s all,? Leia replied, cautiously. She hadn?t been strictly forbidden from discussing her investigation with Rieekan, but had been warned by Mon Mothma that everyone in the Alerion Fleet was suspect until she was able to look further into the case. They had come up with the cover story that Leia would join the Alerion fleet to help Rieekan set things up when they reached their new, temporary base on Rholernia.

The Alerion base had been one of four temporary Alliance bases set up since the Alliance fled from Yavin IV. None of the locations scouted thus far had been judged to be safe enough from the Empire, and so the Alliance was using this system of splitting its forces throughout the galaxy and setting up temporary bases until a permanent home was secured. The Alerion fleet was now on its way to Rholernia; however, because of the disaster the Alliance experienced when it tried to set up base on Lesparik and was surprised by the Empire, the new destination was kept secret from the fleet. Only General Rieekan, and a few of his very trusted aides had known of the fleet?s destination. The final hyperspace codes had been programmed into the ships in a top-secret operation prior to take off.

?So you?re here to help us when we set up shop in the new base?? Rieekan asked, watching her closely. ?Why the detour to go after Solo??

?He?s a close friend, and, I understand, an important member of the Alliance.?

?He?s an uncommissioned volunteer,? Rieekan corrected her, ?And while your help is welcomed, it?s unusual for the high command to summarily order me to take on a new aide; also, it?s odd that you and Commander Skywalker were able to get the clearance to go after Solo when I was denied permission to send troops to rescue him.?

Leia met his gaze squarely, accustomed as she was to keeping an impassive face in diplomatic negotiations, but inwardly, she was squirming, hating to have to lie to someone she respected as much as she did Rieekan. ?These actions were sanctioned by Mon Mothma. If you have a problem with this, I suggest you speak with her.?

Rieekan shook his head, ?No, I?m sorry, your Highness. That?s not a way to welcome you on board. And it was a good job you and Skywalker did bringing Solo back. I?ll have the minutes of our last planning meeting sent to your quarters. The next meeting is this afternoon at sixteen hundred hours standard time.?

Leia groaned inwardly at the thought of more bureaucratic meetings, but said, casually, ?I?ll also need to have the access codes to the mainframe. My security clearance is alpha, so I should be able to access everything. I?ll need to go through some records to prepare for the meeting.?

?Of course, Princess. I?ll have them patch you into the system right away.?

Leia thanked Rieekan and left the conference room. She found Luke waiting for her in the hallway.

?How?d the meeting go?? Luke asked.

Leia rolled her eyes. ?You don?t want to know. I?ve now gone and gotten myself a lot of bureaucratic nonsense to deal with. And a meeting this afternoon!?

Luke smiled sympathetically with her. ?So, you didn?t tell Rieekan why you?re here??

?I wanted to hold off for now.?

?I think you should tell him,? Luke suggested, in a low voice. ?This distrust of the high command is really dangerous. I mean, Rieekan is probably looking for the spy just as you are. And he?s probably already got

24. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Transitions posts are always important. Leia really should tell Rieekan. And she should let Luke get back to his squadron.

:)

25. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    RebelMom: Let Luke get back to his own squadron??? And break up the dream team?

LP wrings her hands in gleeful anticipation. I've already got the next eight posts written, and I've got plans for my little pretties...(Just bear with me through tomorrow's post)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.