? Of The Week April 20-27/2003

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, NC' started by JediKnight_Jerri, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    OK everyone, sorry I am late getting the ? of the week up this time. Still trying to get back to basics after the toy show in Greensboro,NC this past weekend & having some other matters to tend to.........

What, specificly, got you hooked on Star Wars? ie: a certain character, the different planets, the weapons, the ships, the republic/rebellion, the empire, the Force, the movies, the books, etc. Just tell us what it was that intriqued you so much that you became a SW Fan........... :)
  2. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    For me it was the Force. The movies are awsome & so are the books. But, just the whole concept itself was what intrigued me so much & made me want to be a part of this "legend in it's own time". :)
  3. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    For me it was the books. I saw the special editions for the first time on big screen and that got me into it and on the plane trip home I wanted to get a book and there were so many Star Wars books I had no idea! Hehe then you can tell where that took off to since I startedup my web site one year later and it has grown adn grown.

Have you ever heard of Reiki? Skeptical or not, I've seen its magic & miracles first hand and have used it myself - it is the force (actually that is what it means is Life force). I learned to use it from my neighbors son who was employed by the military as an experiment to use it to help heal people. I am talking serious stuff here, very fascinating. I know Lucas got a lot of his ideas for stuff in the movie from some western cultures I often wonder if this was one of the ideas because there are so many diff forms of Reiki that exist and I have no doubt in this form or antoher that the force is real!
  4. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Me, I was hooked the instant I saw that first Star Destroyer filling up the screne while chasing the Tantive. Wow! Then there was Vader's enterance, and those cool toys. I still remember the first time I saw them. My cousin had seen the movie and his dad had bought him Vader and Obi Wan. Nothing was cooler than the lightsabers sliding out of there arms. :)

Now I'm mainly in it for the books, but recently I've started to become interested in props also.

As for the SW universe, like most people, it's the concept of the force that appeals to me the most.
  5. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Entropy, you nailed it on the head! I was 6 1/2 at the time, and I remember wondering about a movie that I had to stand in line for so long... was it worth it? You know, at 6 1/2 your patience can run thin pretty quickly, but then I saw that standup of Vader flanked by the two stormtroopers. I knew then, I didnt mind waiting! Then, there I sat pondering this now age old statement, "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away", when I nearly got bowled over the chair by the Star Wars theme. I was like, WOW! Then, as Entropy said, when I saw that Star Destroyer fill the screen, something in me fell in love, and it never went away. :)
  6. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I have to agree with Entropy and JediRiff. I was only 4 when my mom took me to see the first Star Wars movie back in 1977. But, from the moment it started, I was totally fascinated. And as soon as Vader made his entrance, I knew that I was seeing the coolest bad guy ever!

Another thing that drew me to the movie was Princess Leia. She was the first female character that I had seen in my young life that knew how to take care of herself.

Even though I was only four, I remember that day quite well. :)
  7. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Lightsabers. Its all about the sabers
  8. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Does anyone remember some of the very first lightsaber toys (circa 1979/1980)? They were basically black flashlights that had plastic (non-retractable) tubes attached to them. I had a red one and my best friend, Mike, had a blue one. We used to beat the living tar out of each other with those things. Ah, those were the days... ;)
  9. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Were those the ones that had to be blown up like a beach ball?
  10. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    No, they were solid plastic, which made storing them in a toy box rather difficult. ;)
  11. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    I remember those. I never had one, but, I do remember them. Modern technology has come a long ways since then. Now, I'm waiting to see a "real" lightsaber that will cut through anything except another lightsaber blade........I would definately own one of those, even if I had to take out a second morgage on my house to get it. I wouldn't think it would be that expensive though. Come on scientists.......give us the "real" lightsabers that we really want! :)
  12. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hmmm... something tells me that one of those would be VERY bad in my hands. Not sure, but I am getting one of those little "visions"..... :)
  13. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh, please share the "vision" with us JediRiff! :)
  14. JediSpike05 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would guess the movies. When I was little, I would pull them out of the wall unit and start watching them; Episode IV through Episode VI.
  15. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    My brother in law. He took me to see Return of the Jedi when the Special Edition came to theaters. That kind of hooked me, I couldn't get enough of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.