main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

? of the week, July 20-26

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Psycho_Jedi, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Ok, I know this isn't a Star Wars question, but I figured what the heck, it'll get interesting responses.

If your house were to be haunted by the ghost of one person from history, who would you wish it to be?

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hehe I think I would sell the house no matter who the person was.

Ok now I have deleted what I typed 3 times...its a tough question. I guess it wouldn't matter - I'd be gone faster than I could find out who it was.

3. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I would have to pick Abraham Lincoln. I'm a big fan of Lincoln and I think he's pretty cool. He's the picture of perserverance as well.

He failed in business in '31. He was defeated for state legislator in '32.He tried another business in '33. It failed. His fiancee died in '35. He had a nervous breakdown in '36. In '43 he ran for congress and was defeated. He tried again in '48 and was defeated again. He tried running for the Senate in '55. He lost. The next year he ran for Vice President and lost. In '59 he ran for the Senate again and was defeated. In 1860, the man who signed his name A. Lincoln, was elected the 16th President of the United States. The difference between history's boldest accomplishments, and its most staggering failures is often, simply, the diligent will to persevere.

I would just have to choose him. It would be cool if me and him could sit and talk a little too........

4. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    If it was 30 years ago and I was still in college I would have said Sigmund Freud, but the reasoning would have been too short in timeframe and too close to the vest to reveal to be of any value to others. Funny how a perspective of 3 decades makes one's priorities change.

Now I'd ask for Albert Einstein or John Kennedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.