? Of The Week............June 1-7/2003

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, NC' started by cinemafreak, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hope you didn't mind me posting one for this week. I know its late but.....

Who is best lightsaber duel from the movies? Sith, Jedi, or Han vs the TaunTaun?
  2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The best lightsaber duel from the movies, in my humble opinion, is the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Vs. Darth Maul duel at the end of TPM. It was physical, flashy, and fast moving.

My second fave duel is Luke Vs. Darth Vader at the end of ROTJ. It was a very emotionally-charged duel, and the fact that Luke very nearly gave in to the Dark Side made it even more interesting.
  3. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    My two favorite were :
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul

Yoda vs. Darth Tyranus (Yes it was short, but it was Yoda for crying out loud!!!)

That being said, I think a very interesting duel would be Yoda vs. Darth Maul. They are both extremely fast, and they just rule.
  4. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thank you cinemafreak for posting the ? of the week for me this week. Things have been hectic around here with EmpressInTraining going into labor & having the baby.......She & baby jedi are here at my house & doing well....... :)

My favorite lightsaber scene would have to be: Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan against Darth Maul. My next favorite would be Yoda against Count Dooku, only b/c I have waited so long to see Yoda use a lightsaber.....& Yoda handled himself quite well. I was very impressed.

5. cinemafreak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    han vs the tauntaun, hands down
  6. Entropy Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Luke vs. Vader in Cloud City. You can't get better than that.... "Luke, I'm your father." I'm sorry, but no amount of technical brilliance, choreographing, or digital enhancement can stand up to the pure emotion of that moment.
  7. Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmm I'm not sure, The entire Arena battle was cool in ep. II, sooo many jedi!
  8. Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmm I'm not sure, The entire Arena battle was cool in ep. II, sooo many jedi! but it wasn't really a duel.....I think my favorite is Dooku and Yoda, It shows that true MASTER of sabre form IV is is just as unstoppable as those that master forms V or VII.
  9. JediSpike05 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would think the best battle would be the brief, but awesome battle between Anakin and Count Doodoo. I believe for that brief minute or so of flashing lightsabers lay the most intense moments of SW history!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.