main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OFF History

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Has anyone work on the OFF history since my last post. I know that Brook said that he wanted to put some time into it. I?ve added the most recent history since March 2006, but we still need to construct the history from August 2003 through March 2006, and maybe bulk up the history prior to August 2003. I will also find more time to work on this.

This is what I have to date (please feel free to make edits/changes as needed):

----------------------------

Founding Members of the Oregon/Portland FanForce includ: Imperial Jedi, Bowen, Erik...

May 25, 2002 Portland Meeting, Broadway Metroplex, Downtown. Organized by WinduWasher
    May 26, 2002, JediWookie (became Co-City Rep, Portland, Oregon), started the discussion of having a Chapter in Portland. Helped by ImperialJedi and Bowen

June 11, 2002, FanForce get together to watch AOTC at Evergreen Parkway theater. Organized by JediWookie and Bowen. Four attended: JediWookie, Bowen, ImperialJedi and WinduWasher

August 31, 2002, Portland had its third official meeting. Now they can become a FanForce Chapter.

September 1, 2002, Portland FanFance (tentative name) becomes official. Bowen becomes City Rep. Stateless becomes Vice Rep.

September 4, 2002, discussion of proposed FanForce names begins....Portland FanForce vs. Oregon FanForce.

September 20, 2002, Jedi_Nailbiter starts poll to select name of Chapter. Portland FanForce wins out (35%), Oregon FF and PDX FF tied for second (20% each), Kaminoan Paradise/Forest Force/Fan Forest in forth (15%), and 10% other.

February 25, 2003, Bowen steps down as City Rep. and JimSideous becomes "Interim City Rep".

March 21, 2003, Portland FF meeting. JimSideous, JawaFett, BeccaFett and Vengeance in attendance.

March 24, 2003, JimSideous and Mara_Jade_Fan (RSA) officially changed the chapter name from Portland FanForce to Oregon FanForce. The name of the chapter was changed because it seemed inappropriate to continue calling your group the "Portland FanForce" when many of your members do not live in Portland. JimSideous agreed to be the permanent Chapter Rep of Oregon state providing that when someone else was willing and able to take over the Portland FanForce, that he would be made Chapter Rep of the Salem OR Fanforce.

August 23, 2003, JawaFett becomes interim Chapter Rep.

(HISTORY GAP)

March 18, 2006, Portland OFF meeting at ?It?s a Beautiful Pizza? in Portland. Organized by GrumpyDevil. In attendance: GrumpyDevil and Tiger, Ayn & Bill, JawaFett, Crashdown & Blue, and AugiBenDoggie. This meeting is the start of a fairly active OFF group in Portland.

May 21, 2006, May OFF meeting hosted by Ayn and Bill, in Portland. In attendance: Ayn and Bill, GrumpyDevil, JawaFett, CrashDown and Blue.

June 24, 2006, June OFF meeting hosted by Ayn and Bill. We had a Star Wars Trivia Pursuit party. In attendance: Ayn and Bill, CrashDown and Blue, GrumpyDevil and Tiger, brigandarklung and AaylaPants, XecoFreemoon, Maraskywalkerii, and JawaFett. The winners shall remain nameless to protect their identities from retribution.

July 10, 2006, CrashDown becomes Oregon FanForce?s new Chapter Rep, after a long period without having a CR.

July 22, 2006, July OFF meeting combined with 501st BBQ Picnic at Willamette Park in Portland. In attendance: CrashDown, Blue, GrumpyDevil, JawaFett, MaraSkywalkeriii and XecoFreemoon, along with many 501st and Dark Side Troopers members.

July 27, 2006, The Oregon FanForce has a new banner, designed by CrashDown. It features images of Portland at night, Mt. Hood at night with a meteor, and Multnomah Falls; with Star Wars Images and Charters in between. OFF had a banner contest/poll and there were three other great entries, including entries from Brook_33, GrumpyDevil and Vengeance.

2. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I'll check my chat logs, PMs, and journals from that time to see what was going on. Late '04 and '05 will be easy enough, but Erik and I were really the only active members during '03- early '04 if I remember correctly (at least in the case of trying to get meetings going and such) so I'll have to look around for tidbits of clues.

By the way, I JUST NOW noticed that you put Multnomah Falls in the side banner graphic, Crash! Haha, brilliant! =D=

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    sweet, an OFF History.

back in 98' if i remember correctly was the year of the dragon. Yep. I'm sure of it. :D

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    September 7, 2003, Larena_Jade starts the most successful Popcorn Story to date. As the story progresses Vengeance is stuck up a tree, George Lucas goes on the warpath, everybody turns up with lightsabers, Brook and Larena debate who invited giant man eating pickles to the techno party, Brook clones himself and battles a giant Britney Spears, Ash re-clones Brook with a malfunctioning lightsaber amd everything goes to hell.

September 24, 2003, Larena_Jade hesitantly starts a religion thread.

October 14, 2003, Darth_Tokyo attempts to start an Oregon Fan Force collaboration Fan Film.

December 30, 2003, Brook_33 joins the FanForce :p

April 26, 2004, the official countdown thread for ROTS is started by Kurt_Wagner846.

March 7, 2004, Portland Comic Book Show at the Memorial Coliseum. Jawafett attends. Other Fan Force members in attendance: UNKNOWN.

September 19, 2004, Larena_Jade returns from her trip to Russia and ends a long silence in the Oregon Fan Force.

January 4, 2005, Larena_Jade starts another successful Popcorn Story that surpasses her previous, as well as Brook's Popcorn Stories. This time, they group ends up lost and Brook is taken over by some evil force that wants to destroy the others. The end is a cliffhanger, where Larena frees Brook from his trance, and with Crash they plan to fool then destroy the evil force while looking for Atticus. Crash turns out to be evil in the end.

May 12, 2005, Bowen attends a Charity Premiere of ROTS up in Seattle

May 20, 2005, Larena_Jade begins the countdown to the ROTS DVD.

May 31, 2005, Vengeance, Atticus, and Larena_Jade get together to see ROTS in theaters.

July 19, 2005, Larena_Jade declares war on the OFF Beast. The Fan Force is split into opposing sides. (Lol, had to include this one)

August 26, 2005, OFF has a meeting at a Baja Fresh.

November 8, 2005, Crashdown starts the Oregon Fan Force Survey. Though not every OFF poster has placed their name on the list, today the list has reached 30 members.

5. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    You are forgetting the most important date:

10/1/05: GrumpyDevil joins the boards and changes the future of Star Wars.

[face_laugh]

6. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    May 31, 2005, Vengeance, Atticus, and Larena_Jade get together to see ROTS in theaters.

CORRECTION

May 31, 2005, Atticus and Larena_Jade get together to see ROTS in theaters...left to ponder where the kilt-wearing Vengie disapeared to. [face_shame_on_you]

7. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    SKIRT-wearing Vengie! And you'll never let me live that down, will you? :p

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    haha, not likely.

9. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    "Brook clones himself and battles a giant Britney Spears".......and LOSES [face_laugh]

This will always be the greatest (and funniest) moment of the OFF !!!

------------------

This is great stuff. Please, everyone, put down your memories at random (or organized) and I will put it all together.

10. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    I believe we came to a draw.

11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    But didn't one of the clones get away?

12. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    [face_devil] Only one as far as you know.

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I appreciate the, ahem, candy-coated version of my end as City Rep ;)

Another way to put it is, "Bowen posts Valentine's Day poem on the forum that has a few light swear words, ticks off Fan Force manager, stubbornly refuses to apologize because he thinks it was funny, and is then not City Rep anymore." Haha, ancient history though. I'm glad to have had a founding role in the Fan Force, I just always hoped it could be much bigger and more of an organized group. Maybe one day that goal will be realized... we have lots of great fans here in Oregon, I know from all of the prequel premieres, so there is great potential for the group.

14. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I think that '06 has been the most organized that the OFF has ever been. Monthly meetings, new members, organized group events with SW costumers, and Formum topics and interesting discussions. I know that OFF has grown quite a bit since I joined and lots of members have made TONS of effort to make it what has become. I'm very proud to belong to such a great group, and always look forward to the next meeting, and events.

15. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Indeed !!

And Bowen, if you have time it would be great if you can add items to our history. I still need to work on this myself to fill in all the blanks, but it would be great if you older members can add things.

Brook did a great job adding info, with some humor added as well. My items tend to be dry, to the facts. But I will try to liven it up a bit.

16. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    Brook owns you!

17. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Ya, but I come with a very high property tax bill:p

18. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Your history seems so complete, though, I'm not really sure if I can add to that, hehe.

And I agree you guys have done a great job this year with OFF, the Website is nice, finally! I had been bugging people to build a Website for a while before, hehe. Now it looks like there are quite a few new members.

19. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I remember a past meeting-
    JimSidious posted this 3/22/03-Well the meeting happend, I wish more people were able to show I.E. BeccaFett and Vengeance sad
    we all had a good time, the pics of Celebration II were awesome but the best thing by far was the mini bust of Silent Bob LOL just kidding Chris, Hale_Atticus is a very lucky guy to have the bust!!!
    Jawafett had some really cool pics of his SW collection AND!!! Disney world Star Tours puts Calis to shame!!!!!!!!
    We all had lunch and our favorite frosty wink
    then met at a mutual collector friendly place to finish off the day.

The meeting was held at Boston's Pub & Grill, Wilsonville,OR. Attendence- JimSidious, Darth Stove, Hale_Atticus, and Jawafett. Hale_Atticus attended C2 and won a contest to have his likeness made into a Bust and he brought it for show, a very cool 1 of a kind item to have.
    The Mutual collector friendly place was Toy Bliss in Lake Oswego,OR. Lots of very cool toys, plus a very large selection of Star Wars toys in its own room. Good times!

20. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Reminds me, I have to update the OFF History with all this great info.

Thanks for the memories JawaFett !

21. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Sorry for skipping out on you guys. I just visited the OFF website. It looks great. The history is cool too. MTFBWY

-IJedi

22. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Wednesday, September 20th 2006- Larena slowly begins to feel estranged among the O.F.F.

23. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    OK Larena, you will have to explain this one. What do you mean estranged?

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    It is simple, isn't it? What does estranged mean? Oh distant and alienated! Outcasted!

I used to visit Ventura County FF WAY WAY WAY back in the day because Oregon was so dead nobody posted for sometimes WEEKS. But eventually one thing measured my doom...I was here and they were there. Their fan force was almost purely meetings and the boards started transforming into only a means of planning the next one...no other topics. So naturally there was something there that i could never be apart of.

NOw the Oregon fan force has grown so big and meetings are happening that i cannot attend. It is much the same feeling is all. But dont worry! Tis my own fault!

25. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Larena,

I kinda know the feeling...at first I thought that the geographical seperation was going to be somewhat of a challenge, but I found that everyone was rather accomodating. I will offer you this...
    If I may be of any help, please do not hesitate to ask. If I am planning on attending a meeting the Portland way,(which I am, MOST deifinitely!!) and you wish to attend, you will always have a ride free of charge. If you need help with costuming, I am not exactly a master of the sewing machine, but I got some very nice complements on my stuff at the Sept meeting. I have an extra cloak, and would be MORE than happy to assist you in the construction of a costume...in fact, I have some Jedi robe colored fabric remaining from the Swap-n-Shop that didn't sell...If you are of Jedi persuasion(which I know you are:D )...I am rather adept at teaching young Jedi the construction methods, and guiding them on the path of acquiring a lightsaber(*prop* for your costume). So, rest easy, and let me know what I can do to help! The whole point of being a group is helping each other...so the offer is right here, at your disposal...MTFBWY

Master Keyan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.