main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OFF History

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    hehe, why thank you. May i once again inform you that you rock.

I have a pretty good Jedi Robe actually...it's just that that's all i have, haha. I've spent my time and effort consumed in a renaissance costume for awhile now. So now that i have that over with maybe i shall start focusing on the Star Wars side of things...hehe.

2. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    It's okay Larena. We all know you're strange. [face_plain]... ;)

3. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well yes i'm that to. But seriously what 18 year old girl proudly claims to be a member of the Star Wars Oregon Fanforce and visits the message board daily? All the girls I know are at the mall right now buying...oh what are some of those stupid popular brands? Well there are lots of em. I get along with girls pretty well until my geeky side comes out...hm...

4. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Master Keyan, it's really nice of you to help out Larena with rides. We've been seeing more carpooling going on to get to events/meetings, which I think is great. But, I've been thinking that we, as a group, should come up with some proceedures about carpooling, to protect the riders and drivers. Are there any ideas? I think, at a minimum, there should be comunications with the board about who will be carpooling with who, when they plan to leave and arive, etc. And maybe there should be a minimum age for drivers and passengers in a car pool? I'm not sure if we need anymore than that, but I'm open.

And Larena, you are correct, we need to get back into traditional posting for fun, and not just posting to organize events. I've been noticing this a lot myself, and the board has not been as fun to visit lately, even though there are more members posting. We should get back to having more discussions, etc. I will try to come up with more topics, but I've noticed that my topics tend to be boring and die fast :-B, so it would help if everyone can think of topics that everyone would like to discuss. Anyone for a new Popcorn story ?

5. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

If there is an event we are attending, Wajiii and I are usually glad to have a rider or two with us. However, I don't think Id be comfortable with anyone under 18 riding with us, unless they had a parent/guardian with them or express permission from the parent/guardian ahead of time (phone contact at the very least). I wouldnt really feel comfortable with a complete stranger as well, so it would be better to stick to people who we have attended meetings with in the past or have at least been posting for awhile. Specified arrival/departure times are a good idea as well. I apologize if Im being weird about all that, but Im used to the big city where you need to be careful.

Yay for more topics! There has been lots of focus on sword fighting and costumes lately, which is great because so many people get alot of enjoyment out of those aspects of things. However, those are also topics which Wajiii and I will probably never focus on, so I understand how Larena feels, although to much lesser degree. Someday we might get around to getting Wookiee/Leia costumes for the two of us, but honestly I dont think its ever going to be a priority for us. Now, to think of some topics...

6. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I dont think that would be a problem, nobody here is under 18. We had a 13 year old once a long time ago i think but he wasn't here very long.

7. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    I agree, there should be some form of safety(?) in place for those who feel the *need*. I think its sad that in this day and age people have to be so scared of each other. Although I fully understand the motivations people have for such feelings, it still strikes me as sad. Perhaps placing a measure of some sort in place for those that are feeling insecure about carpooling with others is a good idea. I don't know exactly how or what, but it couldn't hurt...if it is of any consolation, no one has anything to fear from my wife and I, we are just here to have fun, and help others where we can. I think we have demonstrated that so far. I am willing to help out where I can, but perhaps we should look into exactly what we are talking about in all this. I sense an unusual amount of discomfort for something as trivial as carpooling...maybe it's just me. Or is Oregon indeed that dangerous? I dunno, in Montana, worries such as these are not so prevalent. I am not sure what to think, really. I guess we'll see...

Keyan

8. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I would call it taking reasonable precautions to protect individual and the group as a whole. There are strange people on the internet you know ;)

9. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    No doubts there! Perhaps anyone under 18 must have at minimum, written parental consent, in advance...I dunno , something like that... The only thing I would want, is if I were transporting a minor, to have met the parent(s), gotten their OK on paper, and then, I'd feel better. I am confident that I can take care of myself, so I really don't feel threatened in any way, but I can definitely see where someone else might! I think it will ultimately boil down to a case by case basis....

Keyan

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Well Guess what... NOW THERE ARE TWO of us!

Photo taken at George Lucas getting honored for AFI Life Time Achievement award. Note the Tux jacket top. More power to you Vengie!

[image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album08/AFI_CHSM.jpg]

(I usually wear the kilt, which I got in Scotland, to Scotch tasting events. But it was black tie)

11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm not during the best job keeping up the the OFF history, but here are some updates.
    Please, everyone, feel free to fill in the blanks (which there are many), add detail, and add your memories. Especially the funny memories, which I don't do so well at.

------------------

Founding Members of the Oregon/Portland FanForce includ: Imperial Jedi, Bowen, Erik...

May 25, 2002 Portland Meeting, Broadway Metroplex, Downtown. Organized by WinduWasher
    May 26, 2002, JediWookie (became Co-City Rep, Portland, Oregon), started the discussion of having a Chapter in Portland. Helped by ImperialJedi and Bowen

June 11, 2002, FanForce get together to watch AOTC at Evergreen Parkway theater. Organized by JediWookie and Bowen. Four attended: JediWookie, Bowen, ImperialJedi and WinduWasher

August 31, 2002, Portland had its third official meeting. Now they can become a FanForce Chapter.

September 1, 2002, Portland FanFance (tentative name) becomes official. Bowen becomes City Rep. Stateless becomes Vice Rep.

September 4, 2002, discussion of proposed FanForce names begins....Portland FanForce vs. Oregon FanForce.

September 20, 2002, Jedi_Nailbiter starts poll to select name of Chapter. Portland FanForce wins out (35%), Oregon FF and PDX FF tied for second (20% each), Kaminoan Paradise/Forest Force/Fan Forest in forth (15%), and 10% other.

February 25, 2003, Bowen steps down as City Rep. and JimSideous becomes "Interim City Rep".

March 21, 2003, Portland FF meeting. JimSideous, JawaFett, BeccaFett and Vengeance in attendance.

March 24, 2003, JimSideous and Mara_Jade_Fan (RSA) officially changed the chapter name from Portland FanForce to Oregon FanForce. The name of the chapter was changed because it seemed inappropriate to continue calling your group the "Portland FanForce" when many of your members do not live in Portland. JimSideous agreed to be the permanent Chapter Rep of Oregon state providing that when someone else was willing and able to take over the Portland FanForce, that he would be made Chapter Rep of the Salem OR Fanforce.

August 23, 2003, JawaFett becomes interim Chapter Rep.

September 7, 2003, Larena_Jade starts the most successful Popcorn Story to date. As the story progresses Vengeance is stuck up a tree, George Lucas goes on the warpath, everybody turns up with lightsabers, Brook and Larena debate who invited giant man eating pickles to the techno party, Brook clones himself and battles a giant Britney Spears, Ash re-clones Brook with a malfunctioning lightsaber amd everything goes to hell.

September 24, 2003, Larena_Jade hesitantly starts a religion thread.

October 14, 2003, Darth_Tokyo attempts to start an Oregon Fan Force collaboration Fan Film.

April 26, 2004, the official countdown thread for ROTS is started by Kurt_Wagner846.

March 7, 2004, Portland Comic Book Show at the Memorial Coliseum. Jawafett attends. Other Fan Force members in attendance: UNKNOWN.

September 19, 2004, Larena_Jade returns from her trip to Russia and ends a long silence in the Oregon Fan Force.

January 4, 2005, Larena_Jade starts another successful Popcorn Story that surpasses her previous, as well as Brook's Popcorn Stories. This time, they group ends up lost and Brook is taken over by some evil force that wants to destroy the others. The end is a cliffhanger, where Larena frees Brook from his trance, and with Crash they plan to fool then destroy the evil force while looking for Atticus. Crash turns out to be evil in the end.

May 20, 2005, Larena_Jade begins the countdown to the ROTS DVD.

May 31, 2005, Vengeance, Atticus, and Larena_Jade get together to see ROTS in theaters.

July 19, 2005, Larena_Jade declares war on the OFF Beast. The Fan Force is split into opposing sides. (Lol, had to include this one)

August 26, 2005, OFF has a meeting at a Baja Fresh.

November 8, 2005, Crashdown starts the Oregon Fan Force Survey.

(HISTORY GAP)

March 18, 2006, Portland OFF meeting at ?It?s a Beautiful Pizza? in Portland. Organized by GrumpyDevil. In attendance: GrumpyDevil and

12. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    December 16th - PDX_TwiChick Joins OFF and brings unrest and sassy attitude to the group, making the upcoming year very unstable, unpredictable and unforgettable.

Yes... I'm conceited. lol

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah where is Larena?

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Oh Great !! Not another One :p

15. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    To make a long story short.....

http://boards.theforce.net/oregon_fanforce/b10057/25669569/p1/?12

16. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Latest version of the OFF History has been posted to the website...

-Kyle

17. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Larena is doing well, at least on the whole. We still talk often, and I believe her current plan is to try and hop into WOU for the next term and move out to Monmouth.

January 15th, 2007 (yes, I know it's the future :p) - Vengie moves back to Oregon for an indefinite stay.

Darth-Bubba: Way to represent the clans! [face_dancing] Are you Scottish, and if so what clan are ya, or do you just enjoy toting the kilt about?

18. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Vengeance is moving back to Oregon.....[face_dancing]
    What town are you moving too?

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Founding Members of the Oregon/Portland FanForce include: WinduWasher, JediWookie, ImperialJedi, Bowen, Erik...

May 25, 2002 Portland Meeting, Broadway Metroplex, Downtown. Organized by WinduWasher
    May 26, 2002, JediWookie (became Co-City Rep, Portland, Oregon), started the discussion of having a Chapter in Portland. Helped by ImperialJedi and Bowen

June 11, 2002, FanForce get together to watch AOTC at Evergreen Parkway theater. Organized by JediWookie and Bowen. Four attended: JediWookie, Bowen, ImperialJedi and WinduWasher

August 31, 2002, Portland had its third official meeting. Now they can become a FanForce Chapter.

September 1, 2002, Portland FanFance (tentative name) becomes official. Bowen becomes City Rep. Stateless becomes Vice Rep.

September 4, 2002, discussion of proposed FanForce names begins....Portland FanForce vs. Oregon FanForce.

September 20, 2002, Jedi_Nailbiter starts poll to select name of Chapter. Portland FanForce wins out (35%), Oregon FF and PDX FF tied for second (20% each), Kaminoan Paradise/Forest Force/Fan Forest in forth (15%), and 10% other.

February 25, 2003, Bowen steps down as City Rep. (a long and tragic story) and JimSideous becomes "Interim City Rep".

March 21, 2003, Portland FF meeting. JimSideous, JawaFett, BeccaFett and Vengeance in attendance.

March 24, 2003, JimSideous and Mara_Jade_Fan (RSA) officially changed the chapter name from Portland FanForce to Oregon FanForce. The name of the chapter was changed because it seemed inappropriate to continue calling the group the "Portland FanForce" when many of its members did not live in Portland. JimSideous agreed to be the permanent Chapter Rep of Oregon FanForce provided that when someone else was willing and able to take over the "Portland" FanForce, that he would be made Chapter Rep of a new Salem FanForce.

August 23, 2003, JawaFett becomes the interim Oregon FanForce Chapter Rep.

September 7, 2003, Larena_Jade starts the most successful Popcorn Story to date. As the story progresses Vengeance is stuck up a tree, George Lucas goes on the warpath, everybody turns up with lightsabers, Brook and Larena debate who invited giant man eating pickles to the techno party, Brook clones himself and battles a giant Britney Spears, Ash re-clones Brook with a malfunctioning lightsaber amd everything goes to hell.

October 14, 2003, Darth_Tokyo attempts to start an Oregon Fan Force collaboration Fan Film.

April 26, 2004, the official countdown thread for ROTS is started by Kurt_Wagner846.

March 7, 2004, Portland Comic Book Show at the Memorial Coliseum. Jawafett attends. Other Fan Force members in attendance: UNKNOWN.

September 19, 2004, Larena_Jade returns from her trip to Russia and ends a long silence in the Oregon Fan Force.

January 4, 2005, Larena_Jade starts another successful Popcorn Story that surpasses her previous, as well as Brook's Popcorn Stories. This time, they group ends up lost and Brook is taken over by some evil force that wants to destroy the others. The end is a cliffhanger, where Larena frees Brook from his trance, and with CrashDown they plan to fool then destroy the evil force while looking for Atticus. Crash turns out to be evil in the end.

May 31, 2005, Vengeance, Atticus, and Larena_Jade get together to see ROTS in theaters.

July 19, 2005, Larena_Jade declares war on the OFF Beast. The Fan Force is split into opposing sides. (Lol, had to include this one)

November 8, 2005, CrashDown starts the Oregon FanForce Survey.

December 31, 2005, Larena_Jade is "GOING TO KILL SOMETHING!!!!!"

December 31, 2005, Larena_Jade starts a "I LOVE FISH!" thread......this marks a very slow time for the OFF.

February 6, 2006, CrashDown starts a "Silence: Please post here if you want to post but have nothing to say." thread.....again, it's very slow at the OFF.

March 5, 2006, Th

20. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Founding Members of the Oregon/Portland FanForce include: WinduWasher, JediWookie, ImperialJedi, Bowen, Erik...

February 25, 2003, Bowen steps down as City Rep. (a long and tragic story) and JimSideous becomes "Interim City Rep".

March 24, 2003, JimSideous and Mara_Jade_Fan (RSA) officially changed the chapter name from Portland FanForce to Oregon FanForce. The name of the chapter was changed because it seemed inappropriate to continue calling the group the "Portland FanForce" when many of its members did not live in Portland. JimSideous agreed to be the permanent Chapter Rep of Oregon FanForce provided that when someone else was willing and able to take over the "Portland" FanForce, that he would be made Chapter Rep of a new Salem FanForce.

January 4, 2005, Larena_Jade starts another successful Popcorn Story that surpasses her previous, as well as Brook's Popcorn Stories. This time, they group ends up lost and Brook is taken over by some evil force that wants to destroy the others. The end is a cliffhanger, where Larena frees Brook from his trance, and with CrashDown they plan to fool then destroy the evil force while looking for Atticus. Crash turns out to be evil in the end.

December 31, 2005, Larena_Jade starts a "I LOVE FISH!" thread......this marks a very slow time for the OFF.

February 6, 2006, CrashDown starts a "Silence: Please post here if you want to post but have nothing to say." thread.....again, it's very slow at the OFF.

March 5, 2006, Th

21. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003

September 30, 2005, Larena_Jade becomes the Oregon FF "Official Embassador".

February 6, 2006, CrashDown starts a "Silence: Please post here if you want to post but have no

22. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003

February 6, 2006, CrashDown starts a "Silence: Please post here if you want to post but have no

23. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003

24. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    ...so is the jury still out? lol

25. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.