main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OFF MEETING - January 2010?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    So, we've all survived the holidays, yes? Just out of curiosity I am wondering if there is any interest in having some sort of OFF meeting sometime soon. I am actually organizing a meeting with the local Mandalorian Mercs for a clan meeting. Why not kill two birds with one stone and have a nice get together where both groups can have some face time away from an event setting?

The NWC is getting together on the January 16th at 3:30pm. Wilsonville is the city, but I haven't quite ironed out the meeting place just yet, although Bullwinkle's had been suggested.

Anyone who lives near the area familiar with a suitable place to go hang out for a few hours?

Come on, people, let's get together and have some fun!

- Bill

2. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I was thinking of doing one toward the last weekend of January out at my place (Estacada) in our rec room. Plenty of space for gaming.

-Eric

3. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Ok... awesome. Excellent idea.

At any rate, any who want to get together with the NWC are more than welcome.

- Bill

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I might show up if there isn't anything else in the way, Bill. Since I'm kinda a part of the NWC, you wouldn't mind if I showed up, right?

Maybe, Eric.

5. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, I'd like to come. Just let me know when and where. The 16th or the end of the month shouldn't be a problem unless I magically find a job. Not likely to happen that soon. I also need to pick up my OFF shirts at some point.

-Jasmine

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All I can think of in Wilsonville is Bullwinkle's. :p We could do mini golf. :p

7. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    How much does it cost? I keep forgetting that I'm broke. [face_blush] My family can probably spot me something though if it is reasonable.

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    The Mercs will be meeting at the Red Robin in Wilsonville. Arrival time to be between 3:30 and 4:00pm. Any, and all are welcome. Just let me know if you will be there.

ImperialJedi: I haven't forgotten about you. I do have your shirts handy and will gladly bring them.

There will be some Mercs business to discuss, for the most part, it is about hanging out and having a good time getting to know each other.

- Bill

9. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Alright! I will be there. ^_^

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Excellent. Here is the google map to the Red Robin in Wilsonville.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&ie=UTF8&q=red+robin+wilsonville&fb=1&gl=us&hq=red+robin&hnear=wilsonville&view=map&cid=2119870231072928314&iwloc=A&ved=0CBcQpQY&sa=X&ei=iUJJS57sA5aysQPDmeCvCQ

Here is the contact info for Red Robin:
    Red Robin
    8403 SW Main St, Wilsonville, OR?
    503) 682-9317?

- Bill

11. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Great! I'm messaging you my cell number.

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I'll be sure to save it. I am sure that there is someone there who has a cellphone that I can use, if i need to call you.

- Bill

13. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Not going to be able to make ths one, sorry.:(

-Eric

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    No worries, Eric.

- Bill

15. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanx for having me. It was a blast! I always forget how shy I am until meet a bunch of strangers again (but strangers no longer!)

Is there going to be a separate OFF meeting this month or are we already looking towards February?

-IJedi

16. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    ImperialJedi: It was very nice to meet you. Thanks for hanging out with us. Sorry that you got sucked into all the politics of the costuming groups.... I tend to get pretty animated, from time to time. I finished up the minutes for the meeting, not too long ago, and posted them. I wrote out the minutes on MS Word and found it to be a 12 page document! Man, I didn't realize just how much we covered!

It is always a real treat to meet new people who share the same interests. If you are serious about wanting to do a Mando costume, we will be sure to give you a helping hand! There are even a few of us, here in the OFF, that are costuming experts! :D

As for OFF meetings, I think Eric (Jawafett) had something planned for the end of the month? I know that the Winterhawk's Mascot Night Saturday, January 30th. I know I will be there in my Mando armor, thanks to the invite from Patrick. Sounds like there wasn't a whole lot of interest from Could City to do this one, which is a shame because it is an event that they always had done for quite a few years, now.

At any rate, I would love to take part in an OFF meeting. Let me know the time and place, and I will try to be there.

Take care!

- Bill

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I thought that the meeting was going to be today. [face_plain] Next time, I gotta read the fine print again to be sure.

18. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
  19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    What's so funny about that? o_O

20. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    because I had a silly picture of you showing up for the meeting and the crickets were churping! :D

21. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I'm sorry... but that was pretty funny!

Sorry that we missed you, Matt. There is a full report on the minutes on the Mercs board. Just look for the topic that says something along the lines of Mercs Meeting Minutes for January 16, 2010. :D

It is a pretty lengthy report, five posts in the thread just to cover everything. You should have seen how much text was written out using MS Word... yeah, 12 pages, dude. You'd think I was writing a fanfic novel, or something!

- Bill

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Out of curiosity, are there any plans for a meeting this month? I know that I am doing the Winterhawk's gig next Saturday night, with Patrick. Were we planning on having something that weekend?

Let me know, huh?

- Bill

23. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    How about something in February?

-Eric

24. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, I know that the last weekend the Mercs are having an armor party out at Drago's place, in Scappoose. I have Thursday-Friday off now, since my schedule changed. I don't get off work until 3pm, then there is the issue of getting to where ever the meeting is being held.

I know that they are scheduling first aid training (mandatory), here at work. But I think that is very early February.

Simply put, if a time and place is ironed out, I will do my best to make it there.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.