Off of the Topic: Social Thread v4.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Wait, Chris, how can you post 3 times in one minute?

Uh... I know kung fu?

-Chris

EDIT: Wow, forgot HTML doesn't work now that i'm not a mod. Man, it's been awhile.
  2. Althalus Jedi Padawan

So, tell me, is Hitchikers worth seeing?
    It's a toss-up between that and Hitch
  3. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
  4. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Darth_Bone Jedi Master

star 4
    Woah!

Episode III is going to be awesome!
  6. J-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Imagine: lots of geeks going to see the film. Then they look back and what do they see? Dorkman and Ryan Wieber sitting next to each other watcing the film too? Man, that's the start of a great fanfilm. :)
  7. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It's a toss-up between that and Hitch

Oh, then definitely see H2G2. Then read the books and laugh much harder.

M. Scott
  8. -Phi- Force Ghost

star 3
    My mom picked yesterday to be a "no screen day" so I missed the falling of Social Thread 3.0 and the rise of 4.0 from the ashes :(
  9. WeirdHat Force Ghost

star 3
    I saw Hitchhiker's Guide yesterday. Coming out of the theater I thought it was reasonably good, not a huge disappointment, but not great. But when I got home and started reading "favorite part" threads on forums, I realized there really is a whole lot of great stuff in it. I think I may have been too preoccupied with noticing the changes from the other versions the first time around to notice that the condensed stuff and the new stuff really wasn't any less funny, so I intend to see it again now that I know what's different. The more I think about it the more I decide it was really awesome in retrospect.
  10. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    I still gotta go see that.
    I definitely want to go see H2G2 in theaters.
    (By the way, I just understood how they came up with that acronym.)

I am a slow learner..

Speaking of which:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Vaportrail1519/tix.jpg]
    Yes, those are for 12:01. Rock on.
    While I was at the theater, I also secured my reinstatement. Good times indeed.

When I got them, I also realized it's May 1st.
    In exactly a month I'm going to be, like.... old.

Heh, name that quote:
    "I just remembered. Today's my birthday. I'm thirty."

=)
    -Vaportrail
  11. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I definitely can't wait for Restaurant at the End of the Universe (which has already been optioned to be made unless the first film completely bombs, which so far it hasn't), where presumably the loose ends with Humma Kavula will be tied up.

As for Hitch, I kinda still want to see it just to try and find Bertocci as an extra. I'll rent it sometime.
  12. Padawan_John Jedi Master

star 4
    What's a "no screen day"? :confused:
  13. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    I just watched the music video for RotS.

That was quite awesome. A few things bugged me audio-wise, but all those new shots were amazing.
    They're really letting loose this time it seems.

I'm still waiting for another line of dialogue from Padme other than the TV spot, but oh well. I have my tickets. I'll wait til then.

They didn't show any BTS footage like they did the other two times. I'm kind of glad they didn't though. I'm too hyped for the film to worry about that yet.
    It was interesting to see Obi-wan and Anakin flying side by side for the space battle. The teamwork idea seems to be quite cool. I love the shot of their ships sliding in that hangar, and they spring out of the cockpits. Can't wait.
    Who rotoscoped those lightsabers though?
    UGH!
  14. artofwot Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm guessing it's a day with no screens.

[face_plain]

No, I'm serious.

Anyways, to filmmaking... I had to tape and edit my little sisters Shakespeare play at school. It was a nightmare (especially the audio). Do you know how difficult it is to get clean audio with babies crying, no one projecting, and you're using a single borrowed microphone from the music teacher? :Sigh:

EDIT: Whoa, Vapor, your post wasn't there before...
  15. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't laugh like I do when I read the books.

Because a lot of the jokes were from the books, and you saw them coming. But I still liked how those jokes translated. "Ow... ound... rround... grround! Yes, ground! I wonder if it'll be friends with me?" And I loved the entirely new plot, myself. They sorta dropped it at the end, though, but overall it was in keeping with Adams' humor.
  16. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    Whoa, Vapor, your post wasn't there before...
    I'm sneaky.

There's a new plot? I did hear rumor of this, but I thought that's all it was.
    DON'T TELL ME ABOUT IT!
    :)
    Maybe I'll go see H2G2 while my buddies wait for them to open the doors to RotS. They would hate me, but that would rule.

Nah, can't do that to them.

I had to tape and edit my little sisters Shakespeare play at school.
    Been there, my friend. Except it was me and my 8th grade class in the play, it was 4th hour for a week straight, and my teacher knew zilch about filmmaking... and on top of it I had to play.. Mercutio? Which one of Romeo's friends gets killed? I forget.
    Editing that was a nightmare. Good word choice, lol. I'm stealin' it. Like.. it just.. but with the not moving the camera.. multiple takes....... wow.
    It was bad. I got so bored after the third week (21 hours) of editing that thing that I said "It's done!" and when we watched it I saw a bunch of mistakes, but oh well. They either didn't notice or thought it was funny, cause it was all pretty bad in general.

It sucked terribly, but at least I got some "experience".

What I learned: If you can avoid it, don't work for a bad director.
    lol
  17. Tempestjonny Jedi Master

star 4
    hey everyone, been a while since i've been here and i feel ashamed thats its taken me this long to come back. but i'm here.

and as for HHGTG i need to see it as when i went to see it today all the showings were full and seeing as i own and love the radio drama i need to see it on the big screen.
  18. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    How could it have been a while?
    Bertocci just made this stickie last night.

:p
  19. Tempestjonny Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Jedi_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    So wierd having the social thread at the top of the stickies. I almost didn't find it! :( Must... resist... change.

-Spiff
  21. beafet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeehaw

I'm on the first page (if you have it set up to see 50 posts per page that is.)

[face_plain]
  22. -Phi- Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm guessing it's a day with no screens.

Indeed it is a day with no screens. At least the ones the dictionary defines as "the phosphorescent surface on which an image is displayed, as on a television, computer monitor, or radar receiver"

I wonder if she meant to include radar receivers...

(Disclaimer: I'm not complaining. There are greater injustices in the world than no computer for a day :p

I think...)
  23. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So wierd having the social thread at the top of the stickies. I almost didn't find it! Must... resist... change.

Lol I did the same thing, Spiff.
  24. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm changing my settings to 25, Beafet.

Just to spite you.

There are greater injustices in the world than no computer for a day.

Not having access to your own computer for a month, after having its return promised to take place within three days.

Does that count?
  25. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All right, the social thread looks naked with only two pages. This must be remedied immediately, so...

*posts*

Who's next?
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.