main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Off of the Topic: Social Thread v4.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
  2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    What the heck is a supersite?

3. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    Is this photoshoped. I can't tell. It looks real to me.

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/ktulu216/biggest-housecat.jpg]

4. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    It is real, that's a rather rotund Maine Coon cat. One of the larger breeds of domestic cats...and with it being chunky, with a long mane of hair spread out in every direction, and a big cat to begin with...it looks decievingly large.

But it's not scary!

[image=http://www.hubbo.com/images/realcat.jpg]

5. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Yep. My cat's part MCC, and he's giant, fluffy, and smart. He knocks three times on the door when he wants to come in, knows how to make people get up when he wants to steal their seats, eats his food with his paws. MCC's are also friendly as hell, and can fight off large neighborhood dogs and keep small children away from your house. I suggest them.

6. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Argh! I hate cats!
    That one looks pretty cool, but bah!
    ;)

7. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Looks real to me as well - check out the reflection in the window behind her...you can see the outline of the body.

8. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Argh! I hate cats!
    That one looks pretty cool, but bah!

My cat would eat you alive.

9. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Pfft, cats.

Now, bulldogs, that's where it's at. Built like tanks on four legs (ironically, mine's name is Sherman). He'll go after anything, regardless of size. He once ran across the street to go after a couple of Malamutes. Probably could have taken them too. He'd eat a cat for breakfast.

10. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Your mom eats cats for breakfast.

11. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Not lately, she's watching her calorie intake.

12. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    I have a friendly little (well, fourty pounds or so, I guess) hound mutt named Dot. She's the friendliest dog ever. Just about all of my animals are friendly (Cats named PB, Chicken, and Squishface), with the exception of our bunny, Skeletor.

I've said this before, but that thing is evil.

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    My cat would eat you alive.

Well it could try.

14. AzerNik

AzerNik Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Nowegian Forest cats also tend to be pretty large and friendly.

15. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    They're like giant teddy bears that tear up your carpet and pee on things.

16. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    I enjoy my pet bear.

17. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Re: Fig's watched users list

My Dear Fig,
    It has been a long time since I had an opportunity of writing to you, and I gladly avail myself of the present opportunity. I am not certain that I will have a chance of sending this but I will write a few lines any how and try and get it off to let you know that I am among the living.

We have been on a raid into Ms. but I have not time to give you the particulars of our trip. I will write in a few days if I can get a chance to send it and write you a long one. I just came off of picket and found the boys all writing to send by a man that has been discharged who is going to start home this morning. I was quite sick three or four days while in Mo. but have entirely recovered. We captured a good many prisoners while in Mo. and killed a good many. We went up as high as Jackson 8 or 10 miles above Cape Girardeau. We fought them nearly all day at the Cape on Sunday two weeks ago today. The yanks boasted that we would never get back to Ark but they were badly mistaken, for we are back again and have sustained but very light loss, we never lost a man out of our company and only one or two out of the regt. I wish I had time to give you a full description of our trip. It would be very interesting to you I know; but you will have to put up with this little scrawl for the present. I am in hopes that I will get a whole package of letters from you in a few days. I never wanted to see you half as bad in all my life as I do now. I would give anything in the world to see you and the noobs. I have no idea when I will have that pleasure. We can't get any news here - do not know what is going on in the outside world. The noobs will all write as soon as they get a chance to send them off.

We will remain in this vicinity, I expect for some time to recruit our horses. Our horses are sadly worsted. We found plenty to eat and to feed our horses on in Mo but hardly even had time to feed or eat as we traveled almost insesantly night and day. We could get any amount of bacon of the very best kind at 10 cts and every thing else in proportion.

I must close for fear I do not get to send my letter off. Write offten I will get them some time. I will write every chance, do not be uneasy when you do not get letters, for when we are scouting around as we have been it is impossible to write or to send them off if we did write. Give my love to the old Lady and all the friends. My love and a thousand kisses to my own sweet Fig and our little noobs. How my heart yearns for thou that are so near and dear to me. Goodbye my own sweet Fig, for the present. Direct to Carmel as ---.

As ever your devoted and loving hopefully watched-user Funk, E.

18. AzerNik

AzerNik Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    They're like giant teddy bears that tear up your carpet and pee on things.

Actually, most cats are like that if you don't teach them not to.

Edit: *reads letter to Fig*

*runs away screaming*

19. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Re: Fig's watched users list

[face_hypnotized]

Funk my man, you need mooooooooore to do.

20. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    Ha! Stayed up all night working on my final sociology paper thinking it was due today. I got about half way to my proff's office and found out from someone else in the class that it isn't due till tommorow.

21. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Saw Hitchhiker's Guide yesterday. Loved it.

My cousin, though, asked the dumbest question on the way home.

"Why didn't they ever explain what her clone was there for?"

My response: "What clone?"

Him: "Y'know, when she was in the shower. Arthur left the room, and then there were two of her. What was going on there?"

22. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, my dear sweet lord.

23. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    On opening day, there were whole threads on IMDb asking the same question, some seriously, some sarcastically.

24. artofwot

artofwot Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2003
    My Dear Fig,
    It has been a long time since I had an opportunity of writing to you, and I gladly avail myself of the present opportunity. I am not certain that I will have a chance of sending this but I will write a few lines any how and try and get it off to let you know that I am among the living.

We have been on a raid into Ms. but I have not time to give you the particulars of our trip. I will write in a few days if I can get a chance to send it and write you a long one. I just came off of picket and found the boys all writing to send by a man that has been discharged who is going to start home this morning. I was quite sick three or four days while in Mo. but have entirely recovered. We captured a good many prisoners while in Mo. and killed a good many. We went up as high as Jackson 8 or 10 miles above Cape Girardeau. We fought them nearly all day at the Cape on Sunday two weeks ago today. The yanks boasted that we would never get back to Ark but they were badly mistaken, for we are back again and have sustained but very light loss, we never lost a man out of our company and only one or two out of the regt. I wish I had time to give you a full description of our trip. It would be very interesting to you I know; but you will have to put up with this little scrawl for the present. I am in hopes that I will get a whole package of letters from you in a few days. I never wanted to see you half as bad in all my life as I do now. I would give anything in the world to see you and the noobs. I have no idea when I will have that pleasure. We can't get any news here - do not know what is going on in the outside world. The noobs will all write as soon as they get a chance to send them off.

We will remain in this vicinity, I expect for some time to recruit our horses. Our horses are sadly worsted. We found plenty to eat and to feed our horses on in Mo but hardly even had time to feed or eat as we traveled almost insesantly night and day. We could get any amount of bacon of the very best kind at 10 cts and every thing else in proportion.

I must close for fear I do not get to send my letter off. Write offten I will get them some time. I will write every chance, do not be uneasy when you do not get letters, for when we are scouting around as we have been it is impossible to write or to send them off if we did write. Give my love to the old Lady and all the friends. My love and a thousand kisses to my own sweet Fig and our little noobs. How my heart yearns for thou that are so near and dear to me. Goodbye my own sweet Fig, for the present. Direct to Carmel as ---.

CHEATER! CHEATER! That's over the 100 word limit!

:Runs away:

:p

25. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    How Lightsabers Work
    "The big advantage of using a lightsaber, of course, is that you can both cut and toast the bagel in one stroke."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.