main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OFF T-shirt

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    [face_dancing] Awesome!

2. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Thanks AramysStrael for the follow up. See, that wasn't so hard after all =D= Now we need a proper count of who wants a T-Shirt, size, and how we pay and handed out when their done.

-Eric

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    When I get some time I will start hitting up vendors for pricing. Once I settle on the vendor, I will report what the cost will be. If there is a minimum order, it could delay matters, as I don't have the funds to shell out for a bunch of t-shirts that I won't be able to off-load.

But tentatively, I do want a head count, so I can determine how many of what size to get. I know that Crash said he wanted one. Obviously, Matt and Eric are in for one. I am assuming that Vengie and Larena are each wanting one, as well as myself. That is only six, so far. Most minimum orders are 25 shirts. But I will see what I can come up with.

Ideally, when a price has been set, I would like to collect money from all those who are wanting one and then pay for the order that way. This way nobody is left holding the bag, so-to-speak.

What do you guys think?

- Bill

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We could get some extra shirts to sell at events, possibly. Or, if we aren't going to sell them, have them available for new members in the future. [face_peace]

5. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Not sure what the rules are for TFN, but I know that in the 501st, Rebel Legion, Jedi Assembly (and I suspect the Mando Mercs), selling club swag is strictly prohibited.

I am not opposed to ordering extra shirts, but who will pick up the tab? That is the main concern there...

- Bill

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's going to be difficult to come up with 19 more people to reach the minimum. [face_thinking]

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Like I said, I will check into all that and let you guys know. I know that when Rob went to get shirts for CCG there was something like a 25 shirt minimum order.

Stay tuned.

- Bill

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Will do. [face_peace]

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    So I have been doing some looking around for t-shirt pricing. Here is the basic look of the shirt. I know that brown lettering was voted on, but it seemed that folks were willing to have the white lettering too, so that is what I went with.

[image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/tavrikgannon/OFFShirt.jpg]

Customink.com can have shirt orders delivered in two weeks. The only problem is that they are averaging at about $23 a shirt. But then again, I did a price quote based on the minimum order number: 6. Of course ordering something like 25 shirts drops the price to $9.81 a shirt.

I found another company, Vista Print (vistaprint.com) that has shirts for $7.25 a piece and there doesn't seem to be a minimum order requirement. The downside is that they only have three shirt colors available: Black, White and Ash Gray color. Any they also have a wide variety of other products: hats, pens, and other various forms of swag. So this could be something to consider later on down the line.
    Here is a pic of it in black (I can always go back and clean up the image so that there is no brown, should some want the black t-shirt).
    [image=http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/tavrikgannon/vistaprintOFFshirt.jpg]

This is all I have time for, today. I will look into more options later. Feel free to weigh in on what I've found, so far. Just remember, I haven't committed to anythign just yet. I think I will set up a poll for shirt sizes so that it is easier to keep track of.

- Bill

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Bumping up due to the fact that this was brought up at the last meeting.

11. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    First time I've looked in this thread. I must say that the OFF logo is AWESOME! [face_dancing]

Was there any new info about the shirt from the meeting? I think I'd like to buy one. I'll head over to the T-Shirt Size poll now... [face_whistling]

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    The only thing that was really discussed was that we may have to change the color of the shirt to make it more cost effective. The only way I can make the brown shirt cost effective is if I order at least 25 shirts. The problem there is that I don't have that kind of capital to put out for such a venture. If I were to order the number of shirts as have been requested so far, it will cost $23 per shirt.

There is another vendor where I can get them less than $10 a shirt if we change from a brown shirt to a black one.

Just saying...

- Bill

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I still think that we should put up a poll about this on background color, but if the majority wants brown, we're all going to have to chip in more than for the black shirts to pay for the shirts so Bill doesn't have to pay a high percentage of the total cost.

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Ok... I did some more crunching here. For the 10 shirts so far that has been requested, the price has gone from $23 for six shirts to $15 for ten shirts.

$15 isn't too terrible for a shirt. I just double-checked over at vistaprint for the black shirts. I made a critical error in the coloring of the shirts. The shirts that would be less than $10 were for white shirts. The black shirts are like and extra $4 or $5. I crunched the numbers for vistaprint and the over all cost for all ten shirts comes out to (including the fee for the image upload) $145. Even with the $5 for the image, we are (collectively) saving $5 for the shirts, if we were to go black, instead of brown. $5 doesn't seem like it would kill anyone here, right? But I leave that up to you guys.

With that said, I do want to make it clear that I don't mind ordering the shirts and distributing them out. I will not, however, pay for all of them out of pocket. When I get the go ahead to order, I will be needing payment from everyone upfront to order the shirts. That way I am not burdened with shelling out money and not knowing when I will be compensated for it. If you pay upfront, you are guaranteed to get the shirt that you want. It is as simple as that.

- Bill

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Didn't we come to some sort of decision about wanting black at the meeting? However, not everyone wanting shirts was there, so we need their opinions first.

16. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I did post a poll to address the question at hand...

- Bill

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.