main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx "OFF THE CUFF" a blessing in disguise???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey guys and gals. Just a note to let you know that the STORYTELLER CAFE where we normally have our CUFF shows on the 2nd and 4th friday of the month has went out of business. This isn't a huge surprise and we saw it coming. We have moved our performances over to the MESA SHERATON which is just east of Center St. on University in down town Mesa. I will give you more info after this friday's Cuff meeting.
    BUT HEY! NO MORE $2 COVER and 1 ITEM MINIMUM! :D :D ;)

2. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Man, that's too bad. I enjoyed going to watch you guys. You crack me up. It was like a private showing. Well, looks like it's off to the Sheraton instead. ;) It's well worth the trip.

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Will the content be a little less "family friendly" :)

4. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Oh, I can just imagine how funny the Cuff will be without being tethered by such stringent rules. HEHEHE

5. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    LOL... thanks for the support. As far as I know now, we are still sticking to a "Family Friendly" environment. The only reason we stick to that is because we are a performing group that stems from the Mesa Arts Center (An Extremely Family Friendly environment). It kinda sucks but at the same time it continues to keep the actors on their feet and from resorting to potty humor jokes... although we do slip ocassionally. ;)
    Again, I will update you guys after friday. Maybe at the PFF meeting Saturday.

6. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Its kinda sad, but it will be nice to not be there. And sorry Void, I dont think we will keep the adult show.

7. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hehehe, no prob. I figured it was bad the night they started the mandatory stuff and just a matter of time till things shut down.

8. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I can almost walk there. Count me in.

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm truly greatful for your audience dedication during this stressful time. :D

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    UPDATE: OTC will now perform every 1st and 3rd Friday night at the Mesa Sheraton (Just east of Center St. on University in Mesa) in the Starlight room/lounge. It's a very nice space.
    You can still purchase drink/food but there is no obligation to buy and no $2 cover! The Sheraton is vast so if you can't find the Starlight room right away, ask someone at the front desk or something. They're very cool people.
    Both shows a month are FAMILY SHOWS. We tried the adult thing a week or so ago, and though we may be good at it, the other performing space in the Sheraton sucks bigtime. So back to Family show we go. Well thats the low down for now. I will let you all know if something else comes along. :D

11. P2Gambit

P2Gambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    Just out of curiousity, when is the next auditions for the group?

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I know for a fact that they are auditioning in August. I do not know an exact date but I will find out as soon as I can for you, Gambit. Probably mid to late August is my guess. :D

13. P2Gambit

Nov 21, 2002
    Alright, thanks. I don't know if I will audition or not, since things may get busy for me soon, but it's still nice to know. :)

14. JediHunterAlpha

May 23, 2002
    Just a bump up for our loyal fans...

this weeks show I dont belive is open to the public..i am right now as i type calling our director to find out if it is so i will post again.

auditions are late august.

15. JediHunterAlpha

May 23, 2002
    OK just found out the show on this upcomming friday is open to the public...so just show up around 7:30 at the Mesa SHriton and ask where the show is. THey will tell you what room.

Again folks it is free so please come.

16. P2Gambit

Nov 21, 2002
    Do Jakob and Zach still take part in Off The Cuff?

17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    No Zach that I know of. We have a fairly new member named Jacob but my guess is that it's not the one you're thinking of.

18. P2Gambit

Nov 21, 2002
    Actually, his name is spelled Jacob. I just got used to seeing "Jakob" since a guy at another board uses that.

19. JediHunterAlpha

May 23, 2002
    <waving hand at whoever reads this>

You will come to Off the Cuff this friday at 8 pm at the Mesa Shariton. You will not pay to see the free show. You will enjoy it and laugh and make Star Wars Jokes.

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    hmmm... well we have a Jacob in the troop but he's been in it less than a year. Dunno' if it's the same guy...

21. JediHunterAlpha

May 23, 2002
    YOu all know you want to come ands see this show it is free.

Found out it is in the Star Light Lounge..and free food MAY be left from the banquet...

22. P2Gambit

Nov 21, 2002
    I was seriously considering going, since I haven't gone in ages, then I remembered that it's my girlfriend's birthday and she has a softball game. So, perhaps I'll be able to make it in 2 weeks.

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Just an early-bird warning about the Cuff show on the 18th of July! It's at the Sheriton at 8 PM. Hope you guys can make it! Maybe we can all make a big deal out of this one at the next meeting since it's made it's way onto the PFF calendar...(Thanks Webb)! :D

PS. IT'S FREE !!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.