main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Off topic - Bass Guitar For Sale

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by C_Minor, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_Minor

C_Minor Jedi Master star 3

May 21, 2001
    Hey, I'm selling my bass and am just advertising around to see if anyone's interested. Here's the specs:

Make: Peavey Palaedium Limited Edition.

Neck Type: Graphite reinforced, two-piece, bolt-on

Fingerboard: Ebony, fretted

Body Type: Alder, 3 piece, Badass II

Finish: Translucent honey gloss finish

Pickup(s): Passive dual soapbar humbuckers by Peavey

Controls: Volume, blend, tone

This is the bass that Jeff Berlin designed for Peavey. It has two graphite strips in the neck to help with stability and to take care of any dead spots. It has gold hardware(including a Badass II bridge). The headstock has a split level design.

I'm only selling this bass because my hands are too small to get around the fretboard playing the kind of style I like. It is a VERY reluctant sell - I wouldn't get rid of it if I didn't have to. These basses are top of the line jazz models, never sold through retail but only through private dealers. Here's what someone had to say about this bass:

"This bass sounds great. Very much like a nice. tight jazz bass. Which makes sense, cuz that's what it was based on. In the review in Bass Player back in '92, Jeff said, "I believe this will be the direct replacement of the classic Fender Jazz." That might be pushing it a little, but I do really like this bass. It's punchy, and bright with new DR strings on it. Sounds great for yanking the strings off the board and letting them slap back."

These things retailed new for NZ$2000. Mine is about 9 years old now, and is a trustworthy piece. It has a ding in the body at one place and a little scuffing around the rim of the head. the cap fromone of the volume controls has come off and needs a new screw. Apart from that it is in near new condition. I am selling this one for $700 ono. It comes with a strap, lead, and hard case.

I'm in the Wellington area, and you're welcome to get in contact with me to come and try it out. If you're interested, PM me for details.

Cheers,
    CMinor.

EDIT: Go here for a pic of the bass:

http://www.colsbluesalliance.org/archive/spot0600.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.