main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Off Topic: Gmail invite!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by lazer310, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Hello Cleveland! Thought I would spread the wealth with a gmail invite for my brothers and sisters to the north. Get it fast! :)

Link Removed. Sorry Krash! :) PM me for an invite if you would like one.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanks for the offer, but personally I'm going to have to opt out on this. Gmail's catch is it gives you 1gb of space, but in turn, they are able to read ALL of your emails (invasion of privacy) and they even KEEP a copy of all your emails on their servers for an extensive period of time. On top of that, they send you even more mail depending on the types of things you like. I've been using Hotmail for years now, and as long as I keep my inbox tidy and not overflowing, I'm happy with it.

I'm not trying to come off as assaultive here, I'm being factual. It's a very nice gesture of you considering how hard it is to get Gmail. I'm just sharing my personal opinion and stating the facts before anyone decides to get Gmail. If you like the 1gb idea and don't mind unknown strangers reading your email and strategically filling your inbox with even more junkmail, then go ahead. The idea of not having to tend to your email every day (smaller free email like Hotmail autodeletes your important emails if you're over your inbox space) sounds awesome, but I still don't like the creepy invasion of privacy bit :/

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Appreciate you thinking about us...but I'm gonna pass on this one as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.