main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ [Off topic] New Movie News

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Thunderbirds Are Go?
    According to an article in the Australian Herald-Sun newspaper dated Friday, May 10 2002: "Lady Penelope - Go for Australia. Thunderbirds may be go, and Australia-bound. Britain's Working Title film production company is considering shooting the live action version of the famous 1960s TV puppet show in Queensland.

"Working Title co-chairman Tim Bevan, who was in Melbourne to oversee filming for The Kelly Gang, said Australia's favourable exchange rate made it a good chance for several coming Working Title features, including Thunderbirds. ?We're looking at three or four others, one of them a very big movie? bringing them here strictly because you get more bang for your buck,? he said. ?Thunderbirds for instance: we could create a Tracy Island up in the north and you could go to the studios in Brisbane.'"

Indianna Jones IV
    IGN FilmForce reports that the mystery writer assigned to write Indiana Jones 4 is...Frank Darabont (The Majestic, The Shawshank Redemption). When contacted by FilmForce, Lucasfilm rep Jeanne Cole would neither confirm nor deny the rumor. Sounds like a direct hit to us.

And it looks like we've uncovered one of the new characters that Mr. Darabont might be writing (if he does indeed have the job). The Dutch TV magazine Vara had a brief interview with Star Wars creator George Lucas discussing his new film Attack of the Clones. Vara's interviewer couldn't resist asking about Indiana Jones 4 and George said this: "Spielberg is directing, and Indiana will have a son." The filmmaker also said that after he finishes Episode III and the new Indy movies he wants to create smaller, more experimental films.
    Look out for Indianna Jones V: The Next Generation three years later. :)

Moore Preps Galactica
    Screenwriter Ronald D. Moore filled in a few blanks about his plans for the SCI FI Channel's upcoming Battlestar Galactica miniseries. "I'm in the middle of working on the script," Moore wrote in an e-mail exchange with SciFi Pulse that was reported on Cinescape Online.

Moore added, "The basis of the miniseries will be a retelling of the origin story; that is, the events that cause [the ship] Galactica and the fugitive fleet to begin their journey. There will be familiar characters from the original show, and new ones as well. I'm trying to flesh out the backstory of what led up to these cataclysmic events as well as round out many of the characters and their relationships. I can tell you that both the studio and the network are very happy with the outline and that things are going exceptionally well with this project so far."

One for the oldies ...
    Disney Preps Greatest American Hero
    Disney has hired Paul Hernandez to pen the script for a big-screen version of the 1980s superhero television series The Greatest American Hero, according to Daily Variety. The trade paper reported that Hernandez, in his second year at Disney's in-house writing program, convinced Hero producer Stephen J. Cannell to update the property by locating and bringing to the pitch session the original alien suit sported by William Katt. Like the series, the film will focus on a nerdy teacher who struggles with the superhero powers he gains after he dons a costume given to him by aliens. Daily Variety added that, as of yet, no actors or director are attached to the project.

Hmmm ... apart from perhaps Indianna Jones IV, I can't sayany of these is anywhere near a good idea. :(

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm not sure if I want them to make Indy 4. It will suffer the same problem as The Phantom Menace ... it would be endlessly compared to the original classics. Young Indy was great ... just give us that and the orginals on DVD, and I'll be happy.

The majority of Indy fans seem to prefer Raiders, but Last Crusade is my favourite.

Indy: "How did you know Elsa was a Nazi?"
    Jones snr: "She talks in her sleep."
    <Indy looks at his father in horror>
    Jones snr: "What? I'm as human as the next man."
    Indy: "I was the next man!"

:D

3. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    ... ive never seen the indy jones movies *runs away to hide*

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Man, *run away to a video store*.

Indy is like Han, only cooler. :)

I'm all for another Indy movie. If it's no good, so what, we still have the original three. :D

I read today about a Knight Rider movie in production. I'll find a link tomorrow.

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I don't think I've ever seen an Indianna Jones movie either - at least not all the way through. [face_plain]

Yep, the Knight Rider movie/TV series/cartoon has been "in progress" for a while now. David Hasselhoff is trying to resserrect the show, and has so far succeeded in getting everyone to agree, but no news yet on when or what to expect it. The current vague storyline is that Devon's great-great niece is now in charge of FLAG and thaws out the frozen Michael Knight, and works with two new "Knight Riders". :) I'm not sure if this is going to work or be another Team Knight Rider disaster.

6. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Kitt: I remeber that scene! :D Last Crusade is the only Indy movie I've seen though. Indy is cooler than Han. :cool:

Thunderbirds is horrible! [face_plain]

7. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Woohoo! more battlestar galactica!!

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Thunderbirds is GREAT!!!! :D
    A live-action Thunderbirds movie is <beep><beep> ridiculous. :mad:

The "new" Battlestar Galactica is probably going to be garbage too - they're trying to re-do/update the original pilot - it's never going to be as good as the original, it's just a disaster waiting to happen. :(

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    OK. All you people who have never seen all the Indy movies all the way through, your assignment is to watch all three within the next month.

I may even start an Indy thread in this forum, just to encourage you all.

No doubt the'll be $5 for 7 dats at the local video store.

I bought all 3 in a box set (widescreen) a year or so back. Well worth it.

Go, what are you waiting for? gee-up!

10. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I never liked the other two as much as Crusade. Last Crusade had that humor and the chemistry between Indy and his father was great.

"Dad!"
    "What?!"
    "Dad!"
    "What?!"

"The floors on fire ... and the chair." :D

Temple of Doom was way to dark for me. Doesn't some guy get his heart ripped out? And those bugs! Gross! The snakes in Raiders and the rats in Crusade didn't bother me, but those bugs in Doom!! Yuk! Apparently they were all real too! I can't believe Kate Capshaw married Steven Spielberg after he subjected her to that!

11. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Please Mr jp-30, sir, can I be excused from this homework task?

I have seen/read LOTS of the Indianna Jones "behind the scenes" stuff and read the kiddy version of the Indianna Jones and the Last Crusade.

:p

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    [face_exasperated]

You haven't seen AOTC yet, so that's your first priority.

And the rest of you, you guys seen Blade Runner? If not, you must. The directors cut, not the original version.

(The director's cut has no tired, un-needed voiceover, and has the "original" ending, not the stupid, tacked on, post-test-audience reaction ending)

I saw it at the Civic theare last year during a festival (I'd seen it prior to that too). It's incredible on the big screen, but if you can only see in on TV, that's OK too.

13. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    If u thought live action thunderbirds movie would suck theres some thing even more sucker coming

A live action Dragonball Z movie
    this is going to suck

14. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I heard there's a scene where someone gets chainsawed to death in Blade Runner. If it wasn't for that, I'd watch it.
    e: no wait, that was some other movie. I did hear there were gory, violent deaths though.
    What I need is a censored version. Same with 'Gladiator' ... if only they'd release 'pg' versions, for hyper-sensitive people like me.

I love all the 70s/80s classic movies. I don't know, it just seems like movies had more of a 'heart' back then. Less cynical times, I suppose.

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Should be faithful to the cartoon then.

;)

// runs away //

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Uh. The above was directed at the post before Kitt's!

I heard there's a scene where someone gets chainsawed to death in Blade Runner. If it wasn't for that, I'd watch it.

Nonsense. There's no chainsaws. Not that I can recall anyway.

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, I just realized that was another movie. Jason's Lyric, I think.

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I just searched a complete online Blade Runner script for "chain", "chainsaw" and "saw".

Out of all three, the word "saw" came up once in "You saw them?"

I think you've just been cleared to watch that movie! ;)

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, I just realized that was another movie. Jason's Lyric, I think

Or maybe "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"?

:p

20. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i watched the Indy movies, and i liked them too, but if you want real action, you need to watch Eliminators, the best 80s action/scifi movie

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Please sir, I haven't seen Blade Runner either.

:)

I have seen 2001, but that was EXTREMELY boring and incomprehensible. I also saw Battle Beyond the Stars which was quite good, in a Star Wars/Battlestar Galactica rip-off kind of way. :)

There's LOTS of "sucky" movies rumored / planned over the next few years, starting with Scooby DON'T. :(

22. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Blade Runner is cool.

JP told me to watch it. However, he forgot to tell me that the special "directors cut one or something" is far better and gives a better ending.

I saw the normal one.

Graal / Chans: We should have a movie night one time in winter. And watch various SW or SW character related movies...... or not [face_plain]

:p ;) :D

23. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I'm fine with violence--just don't give me too much of blood. [face_plain]

2001 was okay. I read the book after I saw it and it made the movie a lot better.

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Indianna Jones 4 from Coming Attractions ...
    Here's the news we've been waiting for to snap us out of these "too good to be true" blues. Some developments behind-the-scenes at Lucasfilm have resulted in two important developments. First of all, Frank Darabont has now signed the dotted line and will write Indy 4. Expect the announcement to break any day now, but we know it to be official already. Also, the studio has selected a release date we can also tell you is solid. The legacy of Indiana Jones will continue on July 4, 2005.

This information comes to us from one of our most reliable sources and we do not have any doubts.

Hmmm ... Episode III and Ind. Jones 4 within a month of each other. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.