main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ [Off Topic] R.I.P. Dr Smith :o(

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

I know probably only JP-30 and Darth Graal will have any clue whatsoever who he is, but I just found this on SciFi.com ...
    Space's Harris Dead At 87
    Jonathan Harris, the actor who portrayed the cowardly Dr. Zachary Smith in the 1960s TV series Lost in Space, died Nov. 3 from a blood clot in his heart while receiving therapy at a Los Angeles-area hospital, the Associated Press reported. He was 87. Harris was being treated for a chronic back problem, family spokesman Kevin J. Burns told the AP.

Lost in Space, which ran on CBS from 1965 to 1968, was an SF takeoff of the Swiss Family Robinson, the AP reported. Harris' Dr. Smith was a saboteur who caused the Robinson family's ship, Jupiter II, to fly off course, but who found himself trapped with them.

Born Jonathan Charasuchin in the Bronx to Russian-Jewish immigrant parents, Harris adopted the stage persona of a classically trained British actor. Harris also worked with Pixar Animation Studios in recent years, supplying the voice of Manny the praying-mantis magician in A Bug's Life and the elderly doll repairman in Toy Story 2, the AP reported.

:(

2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I know who he is..... Hey I used to watch old tv shows......

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    me too.

[begins_waving_arms_stupidly]Danger Will Robinson! Danger![/waving_arms]

He was a pratt in the show - but sad news.

Those old black and white shows were cool. Pity the movie was a let down, the TV series was far superior.

4. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    a sad day for sci fi :(

R.I.P Dr Smith

5. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

:(

It is always sad when people pass...

I didn't know he did those Bugs Life and Toy Story 2 voices! :eek:

6. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I know probably only JP-30 and Darth Graal will have any clue whatsoever who he is..
    Hey Buzz, i'm not exactly a spring chicken myself. :D
    Ah, Dr Smith. His epic prattling and devious alteriour motives were always amusing and his coined insult of "you ninnies!" always served to amuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.