main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICAL C3 HOTEL PLANNING** **BIG UPDATE 4/14/05**

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i know there is already a couple of threads for c3 but im trying to find multiple rooms so as many of us as possable can be in the same hotel as possable.

please dont hi jack or pirate this thread . if that happens i will lock the thread and only worry about me and kim . i dont mean to seem like a butt head , but this is serious to me .

i need to know who is willing to commit this far in advance . so far i have

AHPR
    SS
    Obi W
    D_H&S__C
    CYR&lisa
    ZOO,jgoc&birr's
    TK&RDT
    grimby
    MISTRESS
    B4T looking for roommate
    obey W
    JD
    SB
    Gilbu_Cotac

please let me know if you are willing to share a room . the rooms will probably be any where from $150 to $220 a night . im trying to get rooms as close to the con as possable . i will pm people that are up for this as i get info . just the facts ma'am

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    UUuuuhhhhhhh......

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I certainly like the idea of a block of rooms for the RMFF!

4. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Jeff, a room for Lis and I please :D

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I think the Brther's Birrer nd Sarah are srharing w/ me

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    pretty sure we are too!

7. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    And I'm pretty sure that Rachel and I will be going!

We'll probably leave the Ewok at home, though -- 4 days of madness + the trip might be too much for her. We probably won't stay all 4 days, though -- don't want the little girl to think we've forgotten her, ya know? She might come if we think she can handle it by then, though -- by then she'll be almost 4, and might be able to handle the craziness and appreciate it. :D

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Put me down for a room as well.

Of course anyone who would like to share with me is welcome to. ;)

9. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I talked to SC last night about this. I need a room as well. :)

Huzzah to the Sith Couple for organizing this!!

10. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    I'm in..anyone need a roommate? :)

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    updated list

AHPR
    SS
    O_W
    D_H&S__C
    CYR&lisa
    ZOO,jgoc&birr's
    TK&RDT
    grimby
    MISTRESS
    B4T looking for roommate

12. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    just spoke to a sales rep from one of the hotels connected to the con . seems that gen con will have about 70% of the rooms in the hotels they are dealing with . we will save around $30 to $40 per room from my understanding going with the fan club . at this hotel she said it would be about $159 per night . she said we should wait until the fan club releases their rooms before we go through her .

with getting 10 or more rooms i would have to sign a contract and collect money from everyone about two months in advance . details about time of arrival and durration would be worked out closer to the con . i could still cancel rooms up to 72 hrs ahead of check in with no penalty . the penalty is one nights stay would be charged to my credit card .

i think i will call a few more sales reps from othewr hotels and see if the deal is the same with everyone . most likley is .

the whole point in me doing this now is so that we are guaranteed rooms now and we can always book through the fan club when that comes up .

13. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Sound good, thanks so much for taking this on. I think collecting money two months in advance shouldn't be a problem for those who are definitely going.

I think you're on the right track, have something in the hand now, but we'll plan on trying to get in the good hotels the moment we can do it through the con.

Excellent work Sir!!!!!

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sign me up. I will share a room and sleep on a cot if necessary in order to save costs. :)

15. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, I talked to Jeanette @ GenCon, and she estimated that ticket sales as well as hotel reservations should be available on the Official CIII website sometime late summer/early fall. She indicated that for most of their GenCon shows, they tend to release that type of info about 6 months out, but for CIII, they're shooting for 6-8 months out.

She also indicated that the website was the best place to continually check for updates.

16. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    cool stacy , thanks for the up date .

the hotels im calling are the same ones that gen con is reserving .

17. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    looks like the folks at gen con have been busy little bees . busy little bees indeed . i have been referd to the housing bureau and gen con for getting rooms . thats the only way right now .

should i try the person i spoke to this morning ? i wont be able to talk to her til tomorow . its 5:00 pm there now .

18. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    count me in. I will be there. I'm giving up my terminal leave for this, so it better be good ;)

19. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    ok , the reason i was reffered to those other people is cos the hotels are not alowed to sell blocks of rooms while they are under contract with someone like gen con .

i will try my contact in the morning . if that falls through i guess we will have to wait til april 20th of this year or when the rooms get released from gen con .

20. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Can I start a C3 Costume Thread so that it kinda sets it apart from the regular IO thread, or do you guys want to keep it in the same thread? I just think it would be easier so we can discuss the costumes & props we're doing specifically for C3. Thoughts?

21. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I'm in, but I may have to fly in on Friday. If DB doesn't come, I'm fine with chiping in and sleeping in a sleeping bag, I can fall asleep anywhere. ;)

*SB*

22. Gilbu_Cotac

Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    I would quit my job over this. I'm in. I can't speak for Chewie (Keith), but we can all hound him in Winter Park. But me, I'M IN!

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    updated list

AHPR
    SS
    Obi W
    D_H&S__C
    CYR&lisa
    ZOO,jgoc&birr's
    TK&RDT
    grimby
    MISTRESS
    B4T looking for roommate
    obey W
    JD
    SB
    Gilbu_Cotac
    JP looking for roommate
    Taeriel looking for roommate

so who wants to share and who must have their own room ?

24. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I thought we had a CIII costume thread...

(starts digging)

25. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Hows it going, I know none of you know me, but you soon will. But I already have a room at the Westin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.