main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Offical from Lucasfilm, there WILL be a Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Yesterday TFN was up in Los Angeles for the DVD press day sponsored by Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment. We are pleased to announce that Lucasfilm confirmed officially a Star Wars television show coming in the future. They didn't comment on setting (post-Episode III or post-Episode VI we would guess)or release schedule (we expect Fall 2006). Either way - this is coming for sure!

YEAH!!!!!

2. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    as long as it isn't the same crappy calibur as say "mutant x" or "buffy" (sorry darkstar, that show was lame) I'll watch it. otherwise, I will buy the seasons on dvd and it will sit on my shelf for a long long time collecting dust.

3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    ^^^ agreed

i hope they don't ruin it.

dkt

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    look we dont need any nay sayers at this point, it will be good. And Buffy was a fun show, and you watch aquan teen mutant monkie poo or whatever it is so what do you know about good tv?! Hmmmm mr Non-Alias watcher! Thats right, I said it. It will be Star Wars, it will be weekly, it will be good, it will be weekly, Star Wars goodness (I hope) so there!

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    or it will be a one season weekly crapfest.

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm not expecting much from this. Look at Star Wars's TV track record:

1. The Holiday Special
    2. DROIDS and Ewoks
    3. Those made for TV Ewok Movies
    4. Clone Wars Cartoons

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    okay the Holiday special was evil incarnate, but even Lucas realizes this. He wont release it in any form and look how many times Star Wars has been released.

Droids and Ewoks cartoon, 80's american made cartoons, of course they suck.

Ewoks TV movies, Ewoks suck, they had no where to go

Clone Wars, again an american made cartoon, combine that with one of the most dreadful art forms and you have pure ick, the first season had goos stories though.

Now, no more negative talk about this show. Must keep good vibes becuase if Star Wars is dragged through the mire like Star Trek I will have no choice but to vacate all my blood and throw myself in a pool of acid. so it WILL be good. Now lets start talking about what cool things they could do with the show.

8. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, switching gears here, I'd like the series to take place AFTER ROTJ. Maybe the Thrawn Trilogy, or the X-Wing saga. OOOH! What if they did the NJO-Vong saga?!? That would be so aweosme!

9. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    It will be the best show on tv. it will be even better than that if someone other than gl writes the dialog.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Thats a little more like it! OF course it will be the best TV series ever! I dont picture Lucas writing a weekly series. I see him overseeing the scripts and stuff and possibly doing an overall story treatment but not the actual scripts.

11. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I personally think the show is going to be in the same vane as the christmas special. it will follow the harrowing lives of chewbacca's family (lumpy, itchy, and that other one). and they will meet with ewoks and celebrities every week and watch psychodelic cartoons and music videos. and at the end of every episode Carrie Fischer will sing. it will be magic to say the least.

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    a: Be Serious
    b: You spelled Fisher wrong
    c: The Christmas Special never happened, group Star wars fans Psychosis
    d: The Christmas Special never happened, group Star wars fans Psychosis
    e: No music videos or cartoons about bounty hunters appearing in future Star wars films
    f: The Christmas Special never happened, group Star wars fans Psychosis

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I just LOL'ed in the computer lab at Acthar's above post... holy crap, that was funny.

14. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    speaking of the "non-existant" chirstmas special, Gerson, do you think I can maker a copy of your copy of it. I never want to EVER watch it again, but I do want a copy of it with which to scare people out of my apartment.

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Yes, you can, or you can buy it for 1 million dollars, the choice is yours.

16. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    so my choices are get it for free or pay you 1 million dollars? I am confused.

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Scare people out of my apartment, NOW thats funny!

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Well I guess the smell/general messiness usually drives the non-nerdy ones out to begin with, then the SWCS would take care of the rest

19. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    yes those are your choices, and i have to say the 1 million dollar route seems like the right one.

20. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    there was a xmas special? i have never seen it...werid. waht happended? did they all exchange gifts in an ewok hut?

21. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    no it would have been better if it that actually did happen though. theres a pretty good synopsis of the show by acthar a little further up with carrie fisher prividing the closing number, minus ewoks though.

22. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT?! DON'T EVER, EVER, EVER SEE IT! you will seriously cry and wish death upon all things Star Wars.

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    YES I agree with Acthar on this. Seeing the Christmas special is a horrid moment of my life that only the intervening 25 years has even begun to repair.

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    How about a show that takes place some 4000 years after the Battle of Yavin, where Luke Skywalker and his rebuilding of the Jedi order has become more myth or legend than actual history.

25. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    But will there still be Jedi and Lightsabers????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.