main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Offical group outings here

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    OK everyone this is for the Offical group outings, you can find out whats going on here. All the paintball info will show up on here as soon as it starts coming in, Im planning on checking into it this week, if anyone has any info to add or knows of feilds we can call please post them here or email me at ghst915@aol.com. I want to try and get us a feild just for us like an hour or 2 hours so we can play a free for all with no teams(kill the rabbit kill the rabbit).

2. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Paintball = HE11 YA! (just, PLEASE do it on a SUNDAY :)

Jace

3. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Will try dude, I will keep it in mind.

4. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Paintball sounds like a great way to get some of us couch potatoes, screen demons, and cave dwellers out for some fresh air, sunshine, and a chance to kick some....well you got the picture. I am looking forward to much fun.

5. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Looks like our next outing as a group will be PAINTBALL, if any of you know of places to play and can get me the number for them I will call them to get info, the only ones I know of are up here by me. I would like to find a place that is close for all of us to drive to not just at one end of town.

Please email me are message me with info on paintball feilds in and around the Tampa area thanks guys and ladys.

Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, shhhhh be wery quite Im hunting wabbit.

6. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK, I have some info on paintball for us, these are the places I found on-line and will be calling. I have read reviews from advid paintball players on-line and they say that these are the best in the Tampa area.

Orbital PaintBall in Tampa on the eastside

Showdown PaintBall up here in SpringHill,,many players have givin this place a big thumbs up and come from far away to play here.

Weekend Warriors PaintBall also in Tampa

I will call them this week and post more info on prices and such, and we can get a whole field to just us and a ref as well, set up rules and such.

7. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK everyone here is an OFFICAL email I got back concerning the Festival of States Parades that we might want to march in with the 501st, but read it carefully, they want MOVIE looking costumes, so please read on here is the email just as I got it form the 501st.

Hi Ross, thanks for emailing. Dean forwarded me your email since I and the contact person with the Festival of State Parade for the 501st Legion.

Part of why the 501st Legion has become so well known and sought after for events, even by Lucasfilm themselves, is due to our high standards for costume quality. Because of this we must hold everyone, including guests, to this high standard if they are to march under our banner. The costumes must look as if they came right off the movie set, basically. This standard is what creates the big ?wow? factor when people see the 501st coming down the road. All costumes must be film canon for this event as well, since we want the casual fan to recognize everyone as being from Star Wars. This means the costume must have appeared in one of the movies. Off-the-shelf costumes from a store, such as the costumes made by Rubies, would not pass the quality standard either. For legal reasons, all participants must be 18+.

If your member?s costumes meet this standard (high quality, film canon, 18+), we?d be happy to have you along. If you?re unsure, I?d be happy to review photos. That may be a good idea if there is any doubt since I would hate to have to turn anyone away on the morning of the parade.

I know this sounds a bit strict, but it?s the high standards that have made the big impression for the 501st. Timothy Zahn didn?t write us into the Star Wars book in his most recent novel because we were casual fans, after all! Thanks for understanding.

Scott Will
    PR Officer, Florida Garrison
    501st Legion

Well, this email leaves me out of this event as my Luke outfit is not movie god enough for this event.

8. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Also still working on getting more info for the paintball event so hang ni there you guys its coming.

"Play paintball you will."

9. JediZRissa

JediZRissa Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2004
    I'll start researching Lazer Tag. If anyone knows places other than Q-zar on Dale Mabry, please let me know.

10. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK EVERYONE I HAVE THE INFO ON OUR PAINTBALL EVENT for next month,

SHOWDOWN PAINTBALL up here in Spring Hill is the best place to deal with, I have checked a few places out and compaired price and read really good reviews on these people. I have called and talked with the woman in charge and she was super nice to me. I told we have a group coming to play and gave the low down on pricing so here you go-

10 or more people we can play for $30 person that will get you-

All day air and free lunch

Equipment rental is $20 all day for your gun and mask

1000 rounds paintballs $23

Bring a baseball hat to wear under your mask and a bandana for your neck she said

If we can get more then 10 people we can have a free ref for our group, she does not think we need our own ref for the day because it will cost us $50, but like I said if we have more then 10 people like 15 or more we can get a ref for free.

There is more info on this place at this website

WWW.showdownpaintball.com

More pricing and questions if you have any on how to play the game or what to bring with you.

Ladys they do have chest armor for you to rent if you want too.

Now we need to see who is all really wanting to do this for sure, dont say that you will be there and then not show up, this not work, becuase they have to hold equipment for us to use for the day as a group. If you are planning on coming please do show up this will be a great time for us as a group. We can ask the guys and girls from the 501st or other groups in the area to join us if we want too?

So remember this is our April event outing and it looked like just about everyone wanted to play when I asked who wanted to play paintball, so lets do this and have some really good times.

Check out the website www.showdownpaintball.com

11. GeeksGoneBad

GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2003
    I'm there! and I can get 3-4 people to play as well if we need them (ex-marines too) :) maybe more...

and that's if we need them, I say let's just to our group first, and if we don't have enough, then expand a little... just my $.02 (can I get change?) :p

12. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey Jamie,

Bring them dude but let them know we are new to this OK, the lady said they would put us in with the newbies no hardcore people so we can have fun all day. But yeah the more we get the better.

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I would like to go but, can't afford to play...they cut out all overtime and so I am looking for extra work right now...but I would like to go to Spring Hill and watch. I can be the drink lady and put ice on boo-boos!!

14. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    If we are going to play paintball, I need those who wish to play to let me know on here, start a list and make sure to cut and paste everyones name after yours so the list will keep on adding on and so forth, that way I dont have to go back and forth counting each post I can just keep an on eye the last post of players.

Also anyone reading these post from like Orlando or Ocala, Ft. Myers or any where else and you want to meet us out there feel free to join us, all are welcome to play.

This goes for all 501st members and Rebel Legion members also, I was thinking that if we have a big turn out for this we could do this as a yearly thing, maybe even have a trophy or something for braging rights for the year. I also thought about making cheap t-shirts to wear over our clothes, like all white with a big empiral logo on the back done cheap like to keep cost low and blue or tan t-shirts with a blue or tan Rebel logo on them same way. We could then all take turns picking a shirt out fo a closed back with no looking. All the shirts would be mixed up and then we would take tunrs picking out of the box with out looking and have emperials vs. rebels, that way theres no captians and picking of team mates, all would done far like.

Let me know what you guys thing about this, Im willing to make the shrits myself.

So lets play paintball you guys, also I need to have date soon, I will be calling the lady at the site back this weekend, so please start the list of whos going, and if you want to just come and watch please do.

15. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I love the smell of paint in the morning. Count Annya Latoure in.

16. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    OK um are we still all wanting to play paintball or not due to money or location???? I was under the power of the darkside here thinking that from the show of hands at the last meeting when just about everyone rasied they'er hands for this event that we would have more people signing on here and saying that they would be coming to this event.

So whats going on?????? Please let me know people ASAP I need to get back with the people running the paintball for us to play.

So far only about 5 people from like 16 of us that wanted to do this are really wanting to do this, I would like to come up with a date soon and a number of people that WILL be showing up for SURE to play.

If the women in the group are worried about get stung to bad, I do have an idea for under your clothes type armour you can make dirt cheap. Let me know if you want to know how to do this and I can post it for you.

17. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    Im in, just let me know what day in advance.
    Also perhaps we can set carpools to get there?
    Anyway, cant wait.

18. GeeksGoneBad

GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2003
    Have we chosen a date for this yet? I'd like to tell my five or so guys what day it will be... So I can "nail them down"

and don't worry, they're not paintball experts, and they're very nice guys so it should be fun!

19. g0nk-TK4065

g0nk-TK4065 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2004
    $73 to play is too much for me.. out of experiance, 1000 rounds of paint is pretty good for one person for the day, so $30 to get in, $20 for rentals, and $23 for paint.. it adds up.. sorry guys.. now if the $30 INCLUDED rental of the equipment, that would be better.. but as it stands.. $73 is too much for me..

20. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm game, and I'm still interested in paint ball. Let me know the cost and the place. I think the more who come the bettter, Cheaper per person.

Armour for under the clothing? I haven't a clue.

Hey can we invite the RL and 501st along for paintball?

21. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Can't afford the cost right now, sorry.

22. Lon_Blackstone

Lon_Blackstone Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    I'd like to play, I even have permission to go from the Wife, however I can't see spending $73 for a day of it, not with current budget restrictions.

23. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Come you guys this a great event and will be a really good time, this is an event that wont happen all the time maybe even not till later or next year even, so this is like a one time shot. I was thinking of making it a yearly thing for us to do. So fork over the bucks man and come have some fun, to me to play all day and get free lucnh is worth it, they have like 6 diffrent feilds to play on and they wont put us with the guys that play hard and kick azz.

As far a date goes what is good for everyone?

These are the days I have to work, the 10th, 24th, my normal every other saturday, but sunday would be good for me, real good. Plus they are only open on weekends, so a sunday might just be good?

We have the meet/bar-b-q on the 17th at Maries place so how about the 25th? This way it will give us all time to get ready and save a little more money if need be.

Put away 25 bucks for the next 3 weeks and you got the money to play.

Sorry about that, but I just want everyone to come and play, i know this will be alot of fun.

So far Jamie has like 7 people that want to play, so if we can get more people to commit to this event we might be able to get a better price for the day.

If you were to go and play this on your own it would cost you another $15 to play with out the group all day, so it's already less money for us and I will talk to her about a group of 20 to see if she will come down some more for us.

But you guys have to tell me you'll come and if we set the date for the 25th of this month which is a sunday. I have to give her a number of people so she can set aside equipment and weapons for us have.

So far with Jamies crew, myself, Xyber_hex, Annya_Latoure2, and Jauhzmynn coming we have a total of 11 pepole and only 5 of us from the group.

Where did all the people go that wanted to play this from the group, all most everyone riased a hand last meeting, come on, come on, come on, you wanna play you know you do, so join us and let the darkside in you out.

So is the 25th ok with everyone, Jamie let me know dude soon ok?

24. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Ross, I am ALL FOR this. I can afford it too. My only problem is I dont THINK (could be wrong) my boss will let me ask off for the 25th. She has started scheduling things a month ahead, so unless something changes there, It'd have to be a week later. OF COURSE, I am looking for a new job, so if I find one before then, I'm good to go. I'll talk to the boss on Monday, and ask about it.

Onward, Jace

25. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Actually, heres a crazy Idea: first of all, IGNORE what I just said. I WILL be coming on the 25th. Screw Work. I hate it anyway. Secondly, Is it possible to bring our own paintball gun(s) and ammo, and only pay for admission? find out Ross!

Jace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.