main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Offical LASE logo?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bunny, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Did we ever decide on an offical logo our Fan Force? I was sketching out designs for the website last night and couldn't remember if we had one or not.

2. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't think any "official" decision has been made yet, but as far as the design goes, I'm leaning toward the fleur-de-lis idea myself....what does everyone else like?

Call me curious,

Jim

3. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    So far the most general idea that everyone seems to be latched onto is some sort of logo with the name of the group on the front, and some kind of big logo on the back with the website address.

4. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh yeah, and most seem to prefer the white on black idea.

5. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    I was thinking we could have something that looks kinda like the 25th anniversary logo for Star Wars (the silver and black one) excepting that the symbol for the Rebellion would be the Fleur-de-Lis. And different writing, naturally. ::shrugs::
    but while on the subject of the website ::poke, harp, poke:: What sort of images are we wanting to use? The mainps on the site now are neat and I can try to incorporate them, or should I make some new ones?
    I don't *need* a logo for the design, but I'd really like to use one! :) I've redesigned my diary tonight and that catches me up on all of my design projects so that means I'm ready to start on the LASE site! YAY!

6. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Im still with the fleur di lis design..... I think it would represent Lousiville, and star wars. That way it is more unique then everyone elses. It would be best to make Louisville's design logo be different then everyone elses. The 25th anniversary thing has been done before. :)

7. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    The 25th anniversary thing has been done before.

:( Really? Figures. LOL Oh well. I spent a little while last night trying to design us one but I'm horrid at logo design. I like the fleur-de-lis as well and I think it should be the focus of the design. I'll keep trying to come up with something. I'm all about simplicity and I can't even come up with anything. :)

8. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    How about the Fleur-di-lis overtop of the Rebel symbol overtop of the Imperial Symbol?

9. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    OMG! Phil!! I swear to you that I tried designing a logo this afternoon and it was Fleur-de-Lis overtop Rebellsion symbol overtop Imperial symbol! SWEEEEEEET!!! It didn't turn out too good, but I'm going to try it again later with a different pic of the fleur-di-lis.

10. Xaverri

Xaverri Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    I don't want to step on anybody's toes here, but what's wrong with our current website? It meets all our basic website needs, and it's not so graphically flashy that it takes a year to load on older computers. I kind of like it that way.

11. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I know to me, I like the website, but it feels that somethings missing, yet I can't place my finger on what it might be. I'm looking forward to the meeting on Saturday, and maybe I'll even speak this time around :)

Jim

12. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    We've got an un-expected out-of-town guest this weekend - but as he's a fan too - maybe we'll be able to bring him!

I'll have chris put all his sketches in some sort of proper order - and bring you a preview of the artwork he's going to be selling at the Conglomeration art show.

13. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    Well, there's nothing at all wrong with the current website. It does look a bit slapdash though. That's all I'm fixing, really. I'm adding buttons and pages for collecting, costuming, and creative outlets. I design webpages and I DESPISE sites that take longer than 5 seconds to load. Most people make the mistake of adding too many graphics, too much java/script, too many animated .gifs, or too much flash. I like simple graphics and simple code because I hate to wait. The main reason I'd like to have the website be bigger is to make it more than an information relay - I'd like it to showcase costumes and meeting recaps, fanfiction/art, and maybe other things. But you have my 100% promise that it will not take forever to load.
    If everyone would rather keep it like it is, that's fine! There was just some talk about re-doing a while ago and I volunteered. LOL!

14. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, I like those ideas. I'd like to see a gallery of pictures of our meetings and even pics of different events we've attended (like C2 and the Magic of Myth). Fan art and costuming would be cool too.

15. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    As the person who put together what's up there now, I'd have to say that it looks "a little slapdash," as Bunny put it, is quite an understatement. :)

Personally, I just want it to look more...what's the word I'm looking for here...Professional, I think. Cleaner. Not as generic in terms of colors, fonts, that sort of thing. And I would love to see a place for photos, meeting summaries, all that other good stuff.

And, hey, someone else can be responsible for updating it. You won't hear me complaining about THAT, either. :)

Design away, Bunny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.