main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Official 09-06-03 Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Meeting will be at 1:00 pm, Saturday, September 6th.

Directions:
    I-25 to Woodmen.
    Woodmen East to Powers.
    Powers South to Stetson Hills (New King Soopers on your left)
    Stetson Hills East to Peterson (2nd 4way stop)
    South on Peterson, immediate left on to Arrowroot.
    Arrowroot East, second left is Thresher Lane.
    5425 Thresher Lane.
    719-963-8021 cell
    719-388-0108 home

Activities:
    SCFF Business (assuming JD still thinks there is anything to discuss)
    Barbecue (Please RSVP so I know how much meat to buy. Feel free to bring chips, drinks (if legal then BYOB - 2 drink max - I mean it!), snacks, etc. I'll provide the hotdogs, burgers, etc...
    XBOX - Obi-Wan, KOTOR, etc...
    Stick banging (hope to have my graphite sticks by then!)
    Padawan Trial updates.
    Whatever else we can think of...

Come one, come all, looks like we might get some support from Denver as well...

Attendees:
    Birr
    JediDragon
    Sith_Chick and Darth_Hair (iffy)
    Sith_Slayer "tentative probable"
    Na-gong (confirmed)
    Micah (breifly)

We abide by the RMFF Handbook
    Under 21 and under 18 should check this out!
    Clickie
    I am ammending this a bit for MY HOUSE. Under 18 are welcome, even without a parent. But if you even sniff someone's alcohol I'll send you home. You also can't be the first or last one here. The world is a screwed up place that we even have to be concerned about such things. The lightsaber combat thing stands though. Sorry, you get hurt, I get sued. Not good.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sith Slayer IS the darker half :p I think you meant SITH__CHICK [face_laugh]

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    My eyes must be going on me! :p
    That's what I get for not looking closely at those icons!

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Everyone planning on going please post in here! Hopefully we can get a decent turnout, there is some important business I want to get taken care of! If you're not there, you might miss out on some input on decisions that will be made to affect the group!

That's about all I got. Otherwise I say we just have fun, play games, saber spar, and have an all around good time! And most importantly, EAT FOOD!

I'll bring some chips, drinks (brewskis and pop), and my saber hilt!

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Just remember if there are any diminutive girls there that JD wears protective gear for the saber fighting ;)

6. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    o god i wish i could go. i should prolly let u guys know that was darthleif but my other pw for that account was lost and the account was deleted for some wierd reason. but i totaly wish i could go!!!!!

7. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i love my icon. thats totaly what i looklike right before i go out on the mat to to wrestle people.its funny i scare them before they even feel my wrath.

8. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    We'd love to have you MoD(leif) but you'll need a parent along for the ride according to the RMFF rules. Let us know if you can make it!

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *sniff* why couldn't we have meetings when I was actually living in the springs? :_|

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Don't cry. You'll be back. We'll have meetings. In fact, we'll plan a welcome home party when you return!

When will that be exactly?

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Um... maybe in two years.... :_|

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    My darker half is darth_hair, just to let you know.
    I forgot to tell him last night, I will try to remember to tell him :D

13. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I always try to put you with Sith_Slayer. Your icons and screennames are just too close together. Meeting you all in person will help sort things out.

So come on down!

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That will help a lot. Your coming to the meeting up here too, aren't you?

15. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Oh, yeah, I'll be there.

16. Na-gong

Na-gong Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2003
    I'll make the Springs meeting, but not the Denver one (Martial Arts seminar). My other half won't be joining us.

Just tell me what to bring.

Food?
    Drinks?(sorry, no alcohol from me)
    PS2 + Bounty Hunter?

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I've got Clone Wars for PS2 if you're bringing the system. The main game isn't that great, but the VS mode is friggin sweet! It's like Twisted Metal w/ SW vehicles.

18. Na-gong

Na-gong Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2003
    I'll leave the PS2 up to Jyro...his house, his equipment, his rules :)

19. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    so this means that even when i can drive and have my liscence that i need a parent with me? or is it just cause i have to have a parent with me until then?

20. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    o and btw the gamecube version is sooo much better for clone wars and bounty hunter(i own bounty hunter and read lots of game reviews and have played clonewars my self).

21. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Leif,
    Made this edit:
    I am ammending this a bit for MY HOUSE. Under 18 are welcome, even without a parent. But if you even sniff someone's alcohol I'll send you home. You also can't be the first or last one here. The world is a screwed up place that we even have to be concerned about such things. The lightsaber combat thing stands though. Sorry, you get hurt, I get sued. Not good.

So, yeah, you're welcome to come. And how do you have a liscense at 14?

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Only if he's a Farm Boy ;)

Here's the reasoning behind why the RMFF uses the Parental Accompaniment Rule:

Private Residences and someone elses kids are not a good mix, and no one wants to lose their house because of a simple accident. So we determined that all events in a private residence should not have unsupervised minors. Public Place events are open season, though we always welcome the parental units. If nothing else, having one of your parents come along is a great way to show your ability to involve them in your lives (which is something so few teenagers do these days). Another alternative is a sibling who is over the age of 18, as long as it's someone to be responsible for you (as you are not yet legally responsible for yourself).

And as far as the saber combat thing.... No, no one under age should be allowed to do that. None of us carry liability insurance for training minors and none of want to incur that added expense (or pay the penalties should anything happen - and yes people do get hurt doing this, believe me).

There hope that clears things up for you guys as to the reasons behind that particular RMFF policy... Even though you are your own entity, using stuff from those who have gone before you is a great idea... No sense in re-inventing the wheel.

Also, the RMFF and the Indy Knights are the first two groups to have dealt w/ this issue at FanForce, and neither has had to do much about it since they put their rules into place (Indy does things a little more stringent, but they're bigger). So, both sets of rules are a good yardstick by which to judge this kind of stuff. :)

23. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    We have kids to our house all the time. Friends come over, sleepovers, etc... Little kids, teenagers, and parents just drop them off. We are used to it.

IT IS A RISK. But we take it quite often without even thinking about it. But then again, we have always KNOWN the people who are coming. I really don't want to put anyone off. And the risk that anyone will get hurt playing games and talking is pretty small. If there seems to be any "I felt weird about it" afterward, then I reserve the right to change my mind next time I host.

The lightsaber thing is a given. Far too risky.

24. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I won't disagree that it's a good guide to follow, but this will be our first meeting in the longest time, and I don't want to exclude anyone.

Also, I have been at several home residence RMFF meetings since the rules came out that had minors not accompanied by parents (or siblings) ;) (gwen and micah for an example).

When we get going a little more, and get a little more structure, THEN we'll start coming up with rules that we can all agree are best for the group. Until then I have no problem playing it by ear.

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That was pre-rules on the Gwen thing... And Micah, after the rules it was his place and his folks were there through a good part of the evening :p

I'm just giving the reasons for the rule. And you're right Jyro, when you know people and their kids it's a whole other ball game.... But random teenagers you "met" on the net?.. That's what the 10 o'clock news likes to hear about :( :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.