So CO Official 09-06-03 Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I distinctly remember micah being over at Jeff's house after the rules were made :p
  2. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    why cant the 3 groups of fan forces get together and create some kind of waver for parents of minors to sign before each meeting if it is at someones house?
  3. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Because waivers don't really work. Period. Even with a waiver, you can get sued and lose. For a waiver to be iron clad you basically have to say that it is okay if you kill, maime, and sexually abuse my child. Otherwise, it just doesn't protect the home owner.
  4. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    o damn. thats gay. i could probably fight you off though. even with out a waiver. i could take 2 of you guys at a time. but i am 14 and the stupid rules say i have to be there with an adult.
  5. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    ok if i brought a wooden sword and can fight really well with it(i tend to ue it like a light saber...ALOT)does it still mean that i cant participate in the sick banging? and why am i not allowed to stick bang thats what the waiver should before.
  6. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, gotta hold to that one. It is just too risky. You get smacked by Cory accidentally and your parents can sue me. My insurance company cancels my policy and I could lose my house. Sorry, bud, but that would probably lose me my wife and kids in the process. Just not a good idea.

I understand that you get excluded from a lot of things as a kid. It's not your fault, it just will take a few more years. Believe me, we all WANT you to be able to participate fully. But we gotta be concerned with much bigger responsibilities.

Don't take it too hard, we are being flexible in asking you to attend. Focus on the positive and enjoy being here! :D
  7. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    hey i know!!!!!! i could be a referee or something for the fighting!!!!!!
  8. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    You could probably run the camera. I want to tape some of it. Might run a web cam of the meeting too?
  9. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
  11. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    there should be someone there to talk to people watching also. if you can do that on that site.
  12. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, won't have a chat by then, or probably ever. This is more of a fun thing for me to play with than it is practical :p
  13. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    ok. cause it would be cool for people that cant come to the meetings to still interact. wink wink nudge nudge.
  14. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, update me please...

Who is coming on Saturday? I need to make sure I have enough food, etc...

I'll post directions in the first post in this thread tomorrow morning.

Thanks!
  15. Faceplant Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi Springs Gang,
    Thanks for the personal invitation. Jason, I was trying to contact you, but my email is bouncing. It comes back to me after 3-4 hours.

I will not be able to make it this weekend. I am leaving town Sunday for 4 weeks and Saturday is my last day to pack. I don't think that I can spare the time.

I will try my best to make October's meeting.
  16. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, we'll look for you in Oct.
  17. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    good to hear from you again dave! can't wait to see you in Oct!
  18. Na-gong Jedi Knight

As you well know, I'll be there...
  19. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry guys aunt is coming today
  20. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    \ getting ready to head out in a while.
  21. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Meeting Summary:

Attendees:
    Mac
    Zac
    JediDragon
    Na-gong
    Sith_Slayer

Activities:
    Food - had WAY more than enough. We'll have chips around here for weeks!
    Business - Very little, but it will be obvious the results soon.
    Sparring - GREAT! The new carbon fiber blades are well worth the money! They don't bounce like wood and move really nice. They are NOT lighter than wood though. And they really hurt when they hit you. (Thanks Stacy!)
    FanFilms - Watched a few that the group hadn't seen (I've got a huge collection).
    We also came up with a great idea for a short, simple fanfilm that we need to make.

All in all, it was a great time. I'll try to get a video of screengrabs from the webcam put together and put up on the RMFF site.

Thanks all for coming!

Until next month...
  22. JediDragon Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Officialy business:

Jyro-Kyrn was elected the new CR for the SCFF. Congrats Jared!

Made the decision that we will NOT have a set date/weekend for meetings each month in order to maintain flexibility since most of our members have changing schedules month-to-month and week-to-week.

Made Sith_Slayer an official SCFF member as he's made it to half of the SCFF meetings so far (and he's the southern most Denver RMFFer). ;)

And, uh...that' just about does it...
  23. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for getting those posted so quickly!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.