main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official 2002-2003 Patriots Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Crix-Madine, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Well, have you been watching the pre-season games? Think they were stupid to trade away Bledsoe? Will they repeat as Superbowl Champs? Going to any games this year?

Discuss!

2. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I SOOOOO want to catch a game this year! While I don't think it will be a repeat, I have high hopes. As for Bledsoe, I am sad to see him go but Brady may prove himself. If the team can be led by him, and everything sticks together, then we should be expecting much.

3. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Are you kidding, they are gonna rule!! I think brady proved himself last year. Don't worry about these pre-season games.

4. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    While I don't think Brady is the next John Elway (God PLEASE prove me wrong), I think he fits the system well. Kind of like a good show that fits a nice foot...

I am going to miss Drew a lot. He's a great player and person.

I'm sure there will be points where everyone says:

"Drew could have made that throw"...

5. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    1. Bledsoe is over-rated and is going to do horrible in Buffalo.

2. Brady will be good, but he is still developing with the team. Remember, he only started half the season last year.

3. The chances of a repeat Super Bowl are not good so don't get your hopes up.

4. Preseason means nothing. We went 0-4 last year in preseason.

5. Everyone is expecting us to fail and that is not going to happen!! We are going to kick @$$ and run wild!

BTW, I was at Gillette Stadium, then CMGI, for River Rave and the place is AMAZING! Not a bad seat, tons of consessions, tons of bathrooms, great setup...couldn't get any better believe me. The designers of Foxboro would poop themselfs if or when they see this place!!

6. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    I think Drew will throw for 3500+ yards this year. The Bills don't have a strong running game, but have a couple solid wideouts in Moulds and Price. I think he'll be throwing to them A LOT.

7. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I miss Drew, but Brady won't be horrible.

Apparently, all the seats at CMGI are turned toward mid field for easier game viewing.

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I think its way to early to really tell who's gonna do what this year.Pre-Season cant really tell ya much,its mostly 2nd and third string players.

But I dont see The Pats doing a repeat of last year.It would be nice,but it aint happening.Brady needs to learn to throw a long ball.Thats were Bledsoe was king.He has an incredible arm.They also have to work on the running game,They always have.

And although Bledsoe had a head the size of Gillette stadium,I think he'll do good in Buffalo.But I dont see him leading them to a Super Bowl any time soon.They need more than a super star QB.

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Anyone want to have some fun with local Buffalo Bills fans? [face_devil]

The local Buffalo Bills fan club meets at a Pub located across from the Fleetcenter called The Harp.They get together there for every Patriots vs Bills game.

I went with some buddies last year and had a blast rooting for the Pats in enemy territory. I even won a few rounds of drinks.

Anyone want to go this year?

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I'd be up for that!!

Although I might be going to the Pats/Bills game at Gillette.But if it doesnt go thru I'll be there!!

11. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm getting a special look at Gillette this week, I think friday. My dad used to work for the paper and knows the PR guy there, so we're gonna get in. Luckily its a practice day.

12. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I'd love to go to that Bills/Patriots game at the Pub. I'm 16 though, would there be any problems with me being in there? Its a pub so I don't think there would be.

Edit: Oh, the Harp. I've been there.

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Joe,I think it would depend on what time the game is on.I dont think they'll let you in if its after a certain time.

14. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    When I went to the Harp it was night time. Its more of a restraunt than just a bar. Its both, its a Pub. I think they'd let me in. It would be a 1 o'clock game anyways, unless it was Monday Night Football. It could be Monday Night since its a big game, involving the defending super bowl champs and a division rival led by former leader Drew Bledsoe.

15. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    No its not a Monday night game.The only Monday Night game the Pats have is opening day against Pittsburgh, at home to. Guess who might be at that game also ;)

16. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I'd love to go to a game this year! Unfortunately I probably won't this season, but you never know. I get the special look at Gillete Stadium on Friday, just me and my dad. I think theres a practice, so maybe I could get some autographs.

17. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Roy....you have tickets to the sept. 9 game!!!!!!!?????????????? Damn you! :)

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    well technically I dont have tix,but if I play my cards right a special friend may take me ;)

19. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    You are still in a better position than me. :) I am planning on at least watching every game this year. Well, I don't think I have missed a game in like 4 years.

20. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I'm the same way.I watch every Pats game plus every game thats televised.Hopefully this year my friend gets the sunday ticket on Direct Tv and I'll be in Football heaven!!

21. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I will do anything for Tickets!

22. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Ditto.

Although my uncle has season tickets, so I am somewhat spoiled. :D

23. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Did they win last night? Last I saw it ws 20-3. I got up at 11 and went to work at 12, so I haven't checked out the scores yet.

24. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Oh they won. Brady caught fire in the second half!

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Pats looked pretty good last night.
    Nice win over the skins,28-14.

Lets hope they can keep it up during the seasonnnn as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.