main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official 2004 US Elections Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azanulbizar

Azanulbizar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 22, 2003
    Someone please tell me that Kerry can still win. Please! [face_worried]

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Kerry is finished. Pretty much all there is to it.

3. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I still think Bush is going to lose.

4. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    Knightwriter

5% in Florida and 4% in Ohio are "razor-thin" margins? No, this is pretty clear and unmistakable win in the key states.

5. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    The UNINFORMED MASSES have spoken.

Too much television.

AC2

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    *bang bang bang bang*

Ohio. I can't believe you people. First you people decide to make civil unions for gays illegal. Now this.

I'll be thanking you repeatedly for the next four years, buckeyes. [face_plain]

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    NBC (not MSNBC, oddly) has Bush at 269.

Which means that if Kerry wins everything that's left.... Yeah.

And Kerry's pulled ahead in New Mexico, which means he's now leading everywhere unclaimed.

Wild night, eh?

Edit: But unless any of those calls are in error, it's a Bush White House, now, because even if it goes to the House they'll pick him.

-Paul

8. QuanarReg

QuanarReg Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2002
    I don't think anyone predicted it would come down to what appears as a comfortable VICTORY by President Bush.

I can rest easy now.

I just hope that the nation can come together a bit and rally behind the reelected President.

9. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Mods, while I don't retract a thing I wrote in the recent threads I started, I think they serve little purpose in a post-election Senate Floor.

I kindly ask y'all to close those threads if no one else objects.

10. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    ...and I do recommend everyone watch the episode of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, repeating every 15 minutes until 5:00 AM ET.

Good stuff.

11. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Bush is now ahead in Iowa.

12. Madriver

Madriver Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2003
    And Kerry's pulled ahead in New Mexico, which means he's now leading everywhere unclaimed.

I show (on CNN's page) that Bush is ahead 52% to 47% with 86% reporting... ???

13. JediSmuggler

Jun 5, 1999
    Republicans have Senate seats in FL, GA, SC, NC, and LA confirmed.

Losses are IL and CO.

A +3. Could be +4 if Thune beats Daschle (he's up 7,000 votes with 85% of the precincts counted).

Bush up in NM and IA.

14. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    And again looking at the counties he has I think, a better then even chance of winning in both states.

I think wisconsin will be close and so surprisingly will michigan. All in all I think Bush is going to come out of this with a comfortable popular vote lead and could have had a much larger electoral lead with just slightly more votes in the midwest.

15. JediSmuggler

Jun 5, 1999
    DNC Statement - Kerry is challenging the results in Ohio.

16. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Following the results on the CBC and at this point it's looking like a Bush victory is inevitable.

Frankly, looking in from the outside, I'm baffled. I really can't figure out why the US has chosen this path. For those of you who just cant' take another four more years, I humbly offer up the following link as an option of last resort.

17. LQ_

LQ_ Jedi Youngling star 7

Nov 2, 2004
    MY God

Are you telling me that there are AMericans who haven't been paying attention for the last FOUR years!!!!!

How can that madman still remain in POWER?

18. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Better OUR madman than a guy who takes his marching orders from the UN/EU.

19. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
  20. Madriver

Madriver Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2003
    Madriver - My source for New Mexico is the state of New Mexico itself.

Hmmm, I think that site is rarely updated, it is showing about 72,000 votes per candidate and all the news sites are showing close to 250,000 votes per candidate.

21. JediSmuggler

Jun 5, 1999
    Bush is ahead in NM pretty decisively (23,000 votes with 92% of precincts counted according to Newsday.com; 52-47).

IA: Bush up 50-49 (just under 7500 votes, 92% of precincts counted).

NV: Bush up by 2,000 (49-49; 49% of precincts counted).

17 more EVs to tack on to the 269 total makes it... 286. Kerry can make it swing back IF his legal challenge in Ohio is successful.

22. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Well, I don't know what's going on then, but it's updated every five to ten minues. Look at that time stamp and remember that New Mexico's on Mountain Standard Time.

I think at the moment I really am hoping for that tie, as it would certainly be he most interesting result of the election and would likely get a dialogue on electoral reform seriously started.

Either way, I'm going to bed. Night all, it's been fun. Do it again sometime? 2008. Should be a load of fun. See you all then.

Edit: Bad news from JediSmuggler, it sounds like. The Ohio thing is worrisome -- if getting the courts involed any time the election doesn't go your way becomes habitual, we're going to have to do something about it. Of course, who's to say his challenge isn't legitimate? We'll know soon enough, I suppose. But I'll be interested in what the challenge is, because with 88.79% of precincts reporting, the state of Ohio has Bush up by 150,000 votes and 3%. Hmm. I'll find out in the morning. *yawn*

-Paul

23. Bubba_the_Genius

Mar 19, 2002
    "Frankly, looking in from the outside, I'm baffled. I really can't figure out why the US has chosen this path."

"Are you telling me that there are AMericans who haven't been paying attention for the last FOUR years!!!!! How can that madman still remain in POWER?"

IT BEGINS!

24. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    cnn says Ohio is too close to call. The number of provisional ballots may be larger than the difference between the two candidates' counts there... meaning this could take a while.

And for our foreign neighbors on this small marble in a vast universe: He's basically found a way to make some people feel unChristian for not supporting him, feel unpatriotic for not supporting him, and if you dare bring up the Iraq US military death count, you aren't supporting the troops.

25. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Nightowls comments tells me a lot about how the US could elect this guy again.

"Better our madman, than the UN" WOW that has to be one of the most sad comments I have ever heard, sort of like the Germans wanting Hitler another madman. I can't beleive that mentality, can you see where it can lead America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.