main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official 2006 MLB Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by BarryBonds25, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005

I'm sorry I didn't know you were being gracious towards the Brew Crew when you said this.
    I take back that the Yankees should be mauled by Polar bears.

2. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    I was laughing at them for spending so much money on a guy like Jeff Suppan. Not wishing hurt on the team. ;)

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

3. PTKFGS

PTKFGS Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2007
    My bets are on the St. Louis Cardinals making it happen all over again, Pujols time!

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    We Brewer fans have to take some kind of hope. The Brewers new owner actually spends a little these days. Its not like we will be able to keep Big Ben Sheets if he does anything this year. Just a little love for a club few care about. We are not a AAA team in the majors.

5. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm glad they made a decent effort, but isn't the team better off saving that $40 million they gave Suppan to lock up their young talent over the next few years?

And PTKFGS: I don't think the Cardinals will even get a chance to defend their title next year.

6. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Music to my ears. :)

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That would be the only way any other team could even dream of having a shot at winning the World Series, wouldn't it?

8. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I don't know about polar bears, but the Yankees sure were mauled by a group of Tigers last October.

9. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    We don't want everyone else to get discouraged and give up. You see how much snotty-nosed pouting about our success goes on as is.

10. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    You work for the organization? Do you live in Tampa?

11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    "We" as in the collective Yankees organization which encompasses the players, management, and die-hard fans like myself who give them the financial support they need in order to stay afloat.

. . .And, coincidentally, who defend them against critcism from people on the Internet who are jealous because their home team sucks by comparison.

12. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I still think that Selig should have two All Star games next season: the one at Yankee Stadium, the other at Shea Stadium, since '08 is the last season for both stadiums.

14. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004

Why is that funny?

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    According to MLB.com, Spring Training begins in 1 day, 21 hours from now. However, according to springtrainingonline.com, the first day which see pitcher & catchers report (for the Phillies, Pirates, Cubs, Nationals, Mariners, Giants, Yankees, Angels, Cubs & Orioles) is Valentine's Day. Since I'm planning on starting the 2007 MLB thread, on which day should I do it?

16. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Start it now with the note "Spring Training starts...uhh...pretty soon? Today? A few days from now? I dunno...but definitely nowish."

17. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I think the Yankees and Nationals start Tuesday, not Wednesday... that could be the discrepancy.

18. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Damn you! This thread has me all excited about baseball again!! I took a look at their schedule and I can actually go see the White Sox play a couple times this year! DAMN YOU!

19. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002

Yankees and Nationals report Tuesday. Check out their sites.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Then I shall start the thread at 12:01am Tuesday. :p :D

21. BarryBonds25

BarryBonds25 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2003
    Do you have the official backing of the mods to do so? I had requested to start last year's thread shortly after KnightWriter and I started "official threads" at the exact same time saying nearly the exact same thing for the 2005 MLB Discussion thread. In the past we have had users who were VIPs start the thread(KW, AmazingB) so that we could see the thread more easily and find it amongst the other threads more easily as well. Just an idea. I know there are a lot of users here who post in the thread a lot, even :rolleyes: Dodger fans :p.

EDIT: I'm glad my thread has gotten the number of posts that it has, but unfortunately there's no way it could catch up to the epic offseason where the Red Sox finally ended their curse against the Yankees. That might go down in the history of the JC as the biggest Official MLB discussion thread ever.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Do you have the official backing of the mods to do so?

Yes.

ust an idea. I know there are a lot of users here who post in the thread a lot, even Dodger fans.

At least you're honest in why your complaining.
    :p

23. BarryBonds25

BarryBonds25 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2003
    Good to know. Try to enjoy Jason Schmidt and his 11-9 record next year.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Next year his here, as you do know that he begins playing for the Dodgers this season. :p

25. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    :eek: Whoa, Barry where'd you come from? Haven't seen you in a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.