main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official 2006 MLB Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by BarryBonds25, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryBonds25

BarryBonds25 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2003
    I'm fully aware that next baseball season starts on April 3rd with the home opener against the Padres for the only team that matters. Jason Schmidt was above-average last year, but his best years are behind him, the ones where he dominated and struck fear into the hearts of batters as a Giant. Now he can end his downward sloping career with the Dodgers and suck even more than last year. Maybe he'll be average next year. And suck like Randy Johnson did for the Yankees.

Also, to address MasterKast, I've been posting with another of my usernames more frequently in recent times. It's not so much that it's a sock or that this username is a sock, just that I have two usernames I use rather equally.

2. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Bud Selig better show up to Bonds' record breaking game, because he is the man (along with the owners) who benefited most from this 'era' he helped create.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The better snub anyway would be if Hank Aaron doesn't attend the game. Naturally, assuming that Bonds does indeed hit #756, it will be against the Dodgers.

4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    The MLBPA should all gather a swear to an oath to intentionally walk Bonds every at bat no matter the situation. :p

5. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Even with the bases loaded a la Buck Showalter? :p
    Well, the D'backs won the game anyway, IIRC, so it could work.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Pitchers could also hit him every once in awhile, just to mix it up.

7. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    If he was at 754 or 755, I'd walk the guy with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th(unless it was a game that the Astros absolutely had to have). But seriously...what team would want to be known as the team that let Bonds break the record? Personally, I'm rooting for him to not get anywhere close to the record. But that's kinda unrealistic. :p

8. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    You know he's gonna break it.
    I just hope it's on the road this time.
    Let him get the reception he deserves.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bonds is on the verge of breaking the record as they head into a 9 game road stretch, him taking some time off, probably to "rest his knee" or something, in order to ensure that he breaks the record at home

10. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I don't doubt that.

11. RyanDempster

RyanDempster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2006
    Bonds will get it and he won't retire until he does

12. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Tunick's getting the 2007 thread? Sweet. Good on ya, buddy. When will it open?

13. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    White Sox tickets go on sale today!
    Thinking about getting me and the family some.

14. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I already gave my buddy a check for my share of the Saturday season ticket plan. The premiums are a little annoying, but given the increase in attendance this year, it's good to have the piece of mind in having tickets already.

And Yodave, isn't it time to change your sig? It's 2007, and time to look ahead this spring.

15. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    Next week. I'm too lazy to change it right now. When pitchers and catchers report I'll find the motivation.

I will, however, be doing predictions for all 30 (are there really 30 that's like 12 too many) MLB teams for the 2007 season. Feel free to take my picks and bet the opposite.

16. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    http://www.ditchtheblack.com/

17. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Could you get me some? And a plane ticket to Chicago?

18. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    Between the Mets wearing the 86' jerseys and the Isles wearing their old 70's jerseys, I long for the days of bright blue and orange.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Just after midnight, so that it's technically started on Tuesday (any other teams besides the Yanks/Nats reporting their pitchers & catchers tommorow?), since I don't at what time I'll be getting up at tommorow morning. :p Dodgers single game tickets for '07 haven't gone on sale yet.[face_frustrated]

20. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Just the Yankees and Nationals. I posted the list in the Arena's MLB thread. Teams are reporting as late as Sunday. And my brother was searching stubhub.com today, and came across Yankee opening day tickets for over $42,000, close to $43,000. Who would honestly buy those?

Yankee single game tickets have been on sale since the 31st.

21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What the hell is taking the Dodgers so damn long?[face_frustrated]:p

22. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Two more minutes till 11 hours to go until the Yankees report!

I think I may have gotten the last post in this thread!

23. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Shouldn't one of the more vocal fans of the *ahem* DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPION St. Louis Cardinals be starting the thread anyway? None of these Dodger sissies. :p

24. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    I just caught a glimpse of "Baltimore Orioles," "Steve Trachsel," & "agree to terms" on the ESPN bottom line and it was enough to convince me that they will lose 100 games this year.

And chiss_man, the Dodgers (along with 11 other teams) had a better record than the Cardinals last year, so Tunick has every right to post the thread. ;)

A two divison, two wild card format would make things much better.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I should have made this clear before: I'm starting the '07 at midnight PST. Sorry for the confusion; this thread lives on for 3 more hours. :p

EDIT!: Screw it, it's technically Tuesday 2/13 on the East Coast now, obviously where Spring Training begins. The '07 thread will be up in a few minutes. :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.