main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm making this official because we already have a few threads dealing with advance tickets. From now on, keep all the discussion about the tickets in this thread to keep things organized.

I'm starting a new thread because TF.N is reporting on the date for advance tickets. Here's the report they got:
    I work at an AMC theater in Florida. I asked my manager about two weeks ago when "Attack of the Clones" tickets were going on sale. He replied the rumor was tickets were to go on sale May 3, but was not sure. Anyway, yesterday(April 24) a customer inquired about the date that ""Attack of the Clones" tickets were to go on sale, and I overheard the management staff tell the customer May 3, except this time they said this was the definite date. I don't know if this is ground breaking or not, but I thought I would let you all know.
    Let's hope this date is right. In here we can discuss who will stand in line at Hoyts to get tickets.

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    [montgomery Burns]Excellent!{/Montgomery Burns]

Well, I'll be in line that afternoon if they start selling them at Hoyts on the 3rd of May, but I don't get off work till 4:30. Will anyone be there first thing in the morning? I might be able to get a day off that day, I'll just have to start working on that! :D

3. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I'm going to be in Indianapolis starting friday. I'm probably going to send my roommates down to the senator to get tickets there. Who is organizing the line for this one??

4. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I have two classes that day DRK_HLMT. I don't know if I'll be able to skip the one at 11am. But the later one I'll be able to skip.

Let's hope we get an official announcement soon.

5. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I am planning to be standing in line first thing in the morning on the day the tickets go on sale!

M.M.

6. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I am thinking of driving down after school if someone gets me a ticket. I was thinking of getting a hotel room to crash in and thinking of staying over night since on the 16th. at 6:30 p. m. there is another Teacher Thursday I would like to go to at the science center. I still have one more personal day at work and a mess of sick days.

7. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I hope this is just rumor........many SW fans like myself will be in Indianapolis that whole weekend. If it is true.....I'll be more than happy to trade a celebration exclusive "Sacul" figure for a ticket (and give ya the $ for the ticket in addition.)
    Any takers, let me know.

8. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    Who is waiting in line where?

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll be waiting in line at Hoyts West Nursery. I think DRK_HLMT will be there too.

10. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    May 3rd seems odd mainly because SPIDER-MAN comes out that day and lines will be wrapped around theaters to see that film. It's odd that they'd do the pre-sale on a friday when new movies come out (and new movies the size of spider-man). When the pre-sale for menace happened i seem to recall it being a weekday afternoon around 4pm when they went on sale. The theater in Frederick Maryland had close to 100 people waiting in the line that wrapped around the frederick towne mall and more people arrived as it got closer to 4pm. Usually movies the size of spider-man have tons of people attending on opening day so this would cause a gigantic mess for people because personally i wanna see spider-man too (even though i think it will be awful, green goblin looks horrible and i know the ending already and it's a lame ending)and i'm sure alot of SW fans will see spidey that day as well. Maybe it would be better for them to sell the tickets before the 3rd or the week after but if they do go on sale May 3rd expect ALOT of people there and A HUGE MESS!

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, it would be very hectic. I think it's a dumb idea to sell tickets that day.

12. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Does anyone know if tickets go on sale at midnight or around 10am when malls usually open? Hopefully school won't interfere with me standing in line for tickets.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    There hasn't been that information on it. Even this May 3rd date may be a rumor. I'll you posted here though.

14. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I phoned Movietickets.com last night and she did have any official information about advance tickets, but she said there was something listed in her system for May 13.
    Maybe this is it, gang, maybe not.

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    May 13th would only be three days before the movie, so I hope that's not right. I just wish we'd get an official announcement about it.

16. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    As soon as there is any official announcement or confirmation, I have the day off, since I'll also be buying tickets for two VPs of the company I work for. :)

I'll most likely go to West Nursery, or wherever the most fans are likely to be. And by fans, I mean people who are NOT going to talk s*@t through the whole movie, which seems to be a MAJOR epidemic in the state of Maryland.

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Boba, the majority of this group is going to West Nursery too I believe. I'll be in line to get tickets too. I also think DRK_HLMT will be standing in line with us. We're gonna need a few people to be in line to get tickets for those that can't get them.

18. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Wait so the groups going where and when?

19. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    Awesome...just let us know when to be at West Nursery. Also directions or a website would be cool so I can find my way there.

I'm watching TPM right now....I'M DONE WITH ALL THE WAITING!!! I WANT THIS MOVIE NOW!!!

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I can't wait either. I've been watching the commercials every once in awhile to get the excitement going.

21. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    hey wampa...i saw that you live in the frederick area. for menace tickets went on sale throughout the country at 4pm on a wednesday or thursday but the fredericktowne mall allowed people to camp outside the mall overnight and by 11am there were people wrapped around the mall. george lucas said tickets couldn't be sold before 4pm on that day or theaters would be fined and i'd expect things to go the same way they did 3 years ago this time around!

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    This whole lack of any official announcement is very disturbing.

Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. - Yoda

I'm gonna start trying to contact anyone that might know. I'm gonna submit a question to the Ask the Jedi Council thing on the official website. And I'm gonna look for emails.

23. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I'll ask at Celebration II to see if anybody IN THE CIRCLE knows.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Sounds great.

25. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    Any word yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.