main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Nothing official.

2. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello all.

The Senator Theater has stated on their website (www.senator.com) that they are having a 12:01 AM show on 5/16. They're finalizing their licensing deal on 5/3, so tickets will go on sale some time after then.

Is anyone planning on waiting in line for 12:01 tix there? I definitely want tix, but probably can't wait in line. (I live in VA).

I'll probably also see it at White Marsh and Eastpoint (theater 4) on 5/16. Anyone else?

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    If you see it at Hoyts West Nursery we'll be able to get you tickets.

4. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Hi!
    Anyone heard if the Hoyts is going to do a 12:01 a.m. show? If they'll have a ticket limit?
    I hear Senator's is going to be 6 per person.

5. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    For that matter, anyone know if the theater at Arundel Mills is going to get Ep II? I hear that's another really nice theater.

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Muvico at Arundel Mills is a great theater. But, parking is impossible for every movie. So for Star Wars it'll be a thousand times worse than impossible.

I waited in line for tickets at Hoyts for Epeisode I and it was a wonderful experience. There's not a mall attached to it, like Muvico, so parking will be a lot easier and so will getting tickets.

I don't see any reason why Hoyts will not have the 12:01 am showing. And, for Episode I, I think they too had a 6 ticket limit. But, there will be a few people standing in line from this fanforce, so hopefully we can get tickets for everyone.

7. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Arundel Mills isn't bad. I heard they were getting EPII, but I'm not sure how reliable that is. I like White Marsh a little better though--their seats are nicer. Arundel Mills has an interesting ambiance (as do all Muvico locations!).

PS: Thanks, Mogook for the offer to Hoyts. I might take you up on that as we get closer. :)

8. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, I won't be able to make the May 3rd ticket line, if it is still may 3rd. I have a meeting to go to that Friday and will probably be there all day. Hopefull they won't be doing the ticket sale until later.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't think May 3 will be the date. There's been no talk about it. I'm guessing tickets will go on sale a week early, Thursday, May 9.

10. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm hoping that they're smart enough to realize that putting advance tickets up for sale the same weekend as Celebration II would cause an outcry heard 'round the world.

I called the boxoffices of Nursery & Muvico. Nursery's rep sounded awfully young and mumbled that they don't know when tickets will be up for sale, but he claimed that advance tix will be sold online as well as in-person. He also said he thought that there was going to be a midnight showing.
    Muvico flat out said that they don't have any info. They expect that advance sales will begin a week before the opening, but to call back next week to see if anything had changed.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I called up Hoyts and Muvico, this is what I got:

Hoyts: We'll know if we're pre-selling tickets by Monday.

Muvico: We're selling tickets a week before.

This bothers me because some people are reporting that their theaters said tickets go on sale May 3rd at 11am or 2pm.

12. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Hello,

I have been secretly watching this board for a while now, but not posting...actually I think there is a name for people like me. :)

Anyway, I am interested in lining up at West Nursery so I decided to give them a call yesterday. They told me to call back today, 5/2, so I did and was simply told "Call back Monday, we'll give you the information then". I'm not real happy with this, especially since I know that an AMC Theatre in Owings Mills (Where I saw TPM) is selling tickets tomorrow beginning at 12:30pm. I'm a bit worried that Hoyts WN is simply saying "Call back Monday" because they want to avoid a big line up. Anyone have any other info?

Ugh, what am I to do!

Anyways, hope to be at West Nursery regardless!

13. TheBeatlesForce

TheBeatlesForce Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    The Senator sells tickets Saturday at 10am. Now what is this about Owings Mills? I might want to go there instead. Please let me know.

14. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Hi BeatlesForce,

There is an AMC Owings Mills General Cinema right by the mall, but not attached which is great. I went for TPM and the movie theatre management was thrilled with the amount of people in line and gave us all free movie ticket vouchers (Could not be used for Star Wars, of course). Additionally, they gave out lots of Star Wars related prizes and some restarants from the mall drove over and offered to deliver us food. It was a great experience, even Channel 13 news showed up. To be honest, I am considering going there but I'd have to get moving cause I wanted to line up tonight!

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. Maybe if I can get a few people to come line up with me I'll be persuaded to go. I will bring plenty of board games (Star Wars Trivial Pursuit) and other things to keep anyone there occupied.

Thanks!

EDIT: For spelling :p

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Lining up at Hoyts will be great. I did it for TPM and it was a wonderful experience. I hope you can join us there Karthio. I called them again today and they said to call Monday. So, of course, I'll call again tomorrow. 8-}

16. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Hi Mogook,

Yeah, I'd really rather go to West Nursery. I checked the theatre earlier this week for the first time and thought it was great. Just still a bit worried about this whole lack of information. Owings Mills has stadium seating and is a decent theatre, but I wanted to try something new for Episode 2.

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I expect them to sell tickets a week early. And that would be great! I could stand in line to get them.

18. TheBeatlesForce

Dec 30, 2001
    Of course I know where Owings Mills is! I live right around there. When do the tickets go on sale there?!?! I saw TPM in Hunt Valley and it was okay, but I want something much better surounded by Star Wars fans. I've got a test in school tomorrow so if is 12:30, I'm screwed by maybe I can get my dad to get in line for me. I must see this movie at 12:01 cause I saw TPM the second day.

Fear The Clones

19. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Hi,

Tickets go on sale at the AMC Owings Mills Theatre tomorrow, Friday May 3rd at 12:30pm.

And maybe you'll catch a cold before tomorrow's test?

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Beatles, see it at Hoyts with us. With TPM, the line was filled with hardcore SW fans to get tickets. And then the night of the showing, there was a huge line of people to see the movie. It was really awesome.

21. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001

Yeah, I'm doubting that there will be as much fanfare at Owings Mills this time around, simply because the advance ticket date was not set by Fox weeks in advance. I'd expect the line to be much smaller this time around for Episode 2.

Ugh, I noticed the other day that Hoyts WN has no outside power outlets! There goes my plan of bringing a power strip, extension cord, 13" television, and DVD-player. :)

22. TheBeatlesForce

Dec 30, 2001
    I'm too young to drive and I live too far away. Much more convenient(sp?) at Owings Mills. Thanks anyway.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Karthio, they might open a side door for us to get a cord through. Or maybe they have a box they can open for us.

24. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    Think they will be that nice to us? Not familar with the people there, but I know when I was at Owings Mills I was suprised that they were so accomodating. That would be great, entertainment for all...well at least those that are close enough in line.

Anyways, I was planning on bringing the following "essentials":
    Darth Vader nearly life-size cardboard cutout, Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, Star Wars Galatic Battle (Battleship), Television, DVD-Player (Matrix, Blade, Episode 1 and lots more), Cooler with drinks and snacks to share, toy lightsabers, plenty of blankets, magazines, Playstation 2, Gamecube and some games. That is everything that I can think of, I do plan to be in line the night before.

I guess I'll have to use my "assets" to persuade someone to let us sneak a cord through. Er uh, scratch that. :)

25. TheBeatlesForce

Dec 30, 2001
    Its times like this I wish I worked at a movie theatre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.