main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Ara-Gorn, that would be excellent. Are there a lot of people in line yet?

PM me and let me know what I can do to arrange things with you. Thanks ever so much!!! :)

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, movietickets.com is advertising that they are now selling AOTC tickets but none of the theaters in our area are showing any tickets online.

3. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    I just called hoyts here in frederick, md at 9:47am and asked them if they had any info on the pre-sale for ep.2 and they said they haven't released any info yet. I mentioned that they were rumored to go on sale today and she said that tickets for SPIDER-MAN go on sale starting at 1oam this morning. if anyone wants to call to see for themselves the number is: 301-682-6404

4. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    There were only about 10 people in line at the Senator this morning (7:30 am).

According to the TFN ticket update, Muvico Egyptian 24 has renounced the "Wed." date they told me yesterday. Someone called mmbop has reported that tickets will be sold today, but no time was given.

5. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm gonna call Muvico in a few minutes to see when they're selling tickets.

I called Hoyts again this morning and they said the same thing they've been saying, "We'll know on Monday."

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Muvico said they should be selling tickets today, at 10:30 am they'll see if the movie shows up on their computers.

I'm still gonna go with Hoyts because it'll be a lot easier, who's with me?

7. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    As of 9:30 this morning the box office at the AMC Owings Mills 17 is still saying that Star Wars tickets go on sale this morning when their box office opens at 11:00. All of those theaters are stadium seating and it's pretty much the same kind of place as Hoyts West Nursery. Today is, by far, a much better day for me to wait in any line so I'm going to hustle up there and hope for the best. I'll post back to the forum when (and if) I get lucky.

M.M.

8. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Same here Mogook. I'm boycotting Muvico because they are always so freaking packed all the time since the mall is connected to it. Yes, they have better seats and all but do I want to go through the headache of fighting for a parking place, waiting in line, sitting in the theater hearing people comment on the movie (bad experience with LOTR there. I had these people saying smart comments through the whole movie. Like "Frodo should shave his feet" and then talking on their cell phone, stuff like that). It's just not worth it. I want to relax and watch the movie with true die-hard Star Wars fans.

9. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    So far on theforce.net there isn't any listings for hoyts theaters and there is only 1 md and 1 va listing so far. at movietickets.com they have a thing on top of the screen with mauls lightsaber and it says...ep.2 tickets onsale friday may 3rd! it's kind of odd that they don't go on sale all over the u.s. at the same time like they did in 1999 and normaly the date is the same for everywhere in the u.s.! i'd like to know for sure before rushing out anywhere only to get turned away

!

10. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Hi - I've been lurking around here for awhile and finally decided to post.

Muvico - Arundel Mills is DEFINITELY selling tickets today at the box office and they will have a midnight showing. The woman said you could also buy them at their website, but when I load their page right now, it's a scrambled mess. Maybe they will have it fixed later.

It's not my first choice of theater, parking and food service sucks, but I thought somebody might like to know for sure.

The people at UA Snowden River in Columbia are basically clueless, and are saying today that they aren't having a midnight showing - and tried to tell me (repeatedly) they didn't have one for Episode I (I was there).... They are also saying they will know about advance ticket sales next week. I really like this theater..... but the stupidity of the owner is obvious - lack of planning is annoying.

I'm going to try to get tickets for the Senator, but I can't get there until Sat morning. Anybody got an update on size of their line? I'm not getting there bright and early to be way too far back in line!

kasjadi

11. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm going to make a run down to the Senator shortly to see how Ca-Bal / the line is going.

If what he was telling me this morning holds true, we may be able to 'take reservations' for others who are having trouble making it there. I've got 2 reserved for someone here already. I just need to confirm how many more we can handle.

I'll post again as soon as I return (1hr?).

12. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I wonder what Hoyts is referring to when they say "We'll know Monday". I hope they still aren't waiting to find out if they are even showing the movie.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    When they say, "We'll know monday," I think they're saying we'll know when tickets are going on sale.

I really like Muvico (I'm seeing Spiderman there tonight), but for Star Wars, I need more dedication. Parking will be impossible at Muvico and there's just too many posers there. There will be people coming in late and making dumb comments the whole time. Hoyts is the way to go.

kasjedi, go to Hoyts with us. It'll be a great experience.

14. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah, kasjedi come to Hoyts with us. We should make a strong showing and the more people, the better. It will be lots of fun and there will be entertainment! :) Don't give in to Muvico or the Senator (without stadium seating, ugh!) and join us. It is your destiny.

-Karth

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I would love to go to the Senator, but the lack of stadium seating is very bothersome to me. My luck, I'd go to the Senator and Chewbacca would sit in front of me with Han on his shoulders. [face_laugh]

But Hoyts is a great place. There's no mall attached, there's a Wendy's right there. It has a big parking lot. Senator is all bunched up on the road. Hoyts is open.

I'll be at Hoyts to get my tickets.

16. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Okay, the Senator line has grown to about 15 so far.

And I'm not posting to sway anyone, but they are printing special commemorative tickets like they did for TPM. Haven't seen the design so I can't comment on that.

Haven't heard a confirmation on their shirts yets either... Although that's sore spot form me anyway & I won't bore you all with the details. Let's just say that their brand of PR left me with a less-than-glowing regard for the management. The only reason I'm going to the Senator is because Ca-Bal is already in line.

That said, the Senator IS a great venue for movies, IMHO. The equipment they use has made for the best movie experiences I've had.
    Never had probs with noisy people there either.

Any way, enough of that. [everyone cheers];)

If anyone still wants tickets and can't make it before 10 a.m. tomorrow, let me know before 4 p.m. today. I'll see what I can do.

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I love the fact the Senator has upgraded with all these tech features. I'll probably see it there, just not for my first showing. For me, the stadium seating is very important. Maybe the week after release I'll see it there.

18. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    A friend of mine has secured the private party room upstairs at the Senator for a showing of AOTC sometime in June. I figure I'm going to be seeing the movie multiple times so I'm already in on that one. I've gone to another of his parties there and they are really neat. It's a potluck where everyone brings a dish (hot or cold), you chow down and then go into a private, upstairs screening room to watch the movie. It's the same film that's running in the main auditorium downstairs but you're behind a plateglass viewing window (crystal clear) and the room has it's own sound system which was excellent. Anyway, as the date approaches I can post here and if anyone is interested it's first-come, first-served with a cap at around 30 people. For Harry Potter he hired a magician which the kids loved so who knows, maybe some of you guys with great costumes would like to come dressed as your favorite Star Wars character and mingle with the attendees. I'm sure there will be some kids there. Could be fun!

M.M.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That sounds like a really cool thing for this fanforce to go to. Thanks for the notice mon-mothma!

20. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, that sounds great! I would love to come but my wife will be having our baby sometime around the last week of June so I might not be able to attend that one.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    D'oh, that reminds me, I'll be going on vacation I think the second week in June.

22. DoOrDoNotNoTry

DoOrDoNotNoTry Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 12, 1999
    Hey, this is TheBeatesForce. I forgot I had this name registered, and when I asked for my password, I got this also. I like this one much better though. Anyway....

My dad got tickets at Owings Mills for 11:45am. Does anyway know if this is the earliest showing, or is there a midnight one? Let me know.

23. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, I'm off to join Ca-Bal at the Senator line. See if he requires additional food capsules.

Best of luck to all of you and enjoy your 'line' wherever it may be! :)

May The Force Be With You, Always.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    DoOrDoNot, I think some theaters aren't doing the midnight screening. If your theater isn't, you're still welcome to join us at Hoyts if they're doing it.

25. Heather Kenobi

Heather Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2000
    I don't want to be repetative, but does anybody know anything about Loews yet? As soon as somebody finds out, please post. I live in Missouri, so you all are my best source for updates. :) Also, has anyone ever used Moviefone before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.