main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Update with Crown:

Talked to the manager. He said tickets might go on sale tomorrow (Sunday). There will be a midnight showing and that showing will be with digital projection. Check in tomorrow and I'll post another update.

2. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    Oh that better be true about Annapolis...I live 15 minutes from there. No kidding...it takes me NO TIME to get there. And if there's a digital showing that close...ohhhhh...heart...going....to...fail. :-D

If there is to be a move towards Annapolis, I am ALL for it. If not on opening night, I would definitely be up for a group viewing there.

3. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Uh, digital projection in Maryland? Hm, might have to go for this since Hoyts still seems pretty confused. I mean, seriously, I had no idea that any theatres in Maryland had digital projection. With the extra scenes and the confirmation of a midnight showing, this might be the place to be. The biggest hurdle is when they are selling tickets. If it is going to be tomorrow, I'll get in line tonight.

I'm up for this if Hoyts isn't going to work

-Karth

4. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    If tickets go on sale tomorrow, I'm all for going there. It's a lot closer to me than Hoyt's...and come on, it's DIGITAL.

My friends and I have something to do tonight at midnight, and if we get word that tickets go on sale tomorrow, we might stop by down there just to see what's up. If I know people are going to be there, we'll definitely stop by.

5. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    I just called and the girl said that tickets go on sale "Monday or Tuesday". What is it with these theaters? Pick a day!

-Karth

6. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    EDIT: Sorry - error
    Can a mod delete this?

7. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    This is getting annoying. This lack of information and confusion is causing real problems. Trying to coordinate my schedule to get in line is becoming difficult. Not sure what to do. Can anyone else get more accurate info from Crown Annapolis 11? Phone is 1-410-224-8700. I need to head out for a bit.

-Karth

8. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    Even if it's Monday or Tuesday, my roommates and I will be there. Seeing Spider-man at Annapolis last night was really good. If it's going to be digital, we have been truly blessed. It's a very nice place.

9. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    The problem for me is simply when to get in line. I want to arrive the evening before, so should I get in line Sunday night or Monday night?

-Karth

10. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I can't understand why Hoyts is playing dumb with the ticket sales. I guess they were expecting a huge turnout for Spiderman and didn't want lines for Star Wars holding up those wanting to see Spiderman. Hopefully they will get their heads out of their butt and get on the ball!!

11. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

I hate the Senator!

I'm gonna miss out on seeing AOTC on day one there and it's all their fault! Tickets went on sale today, and when did they announce this? (or at least when did they send the info to the people on their mailing list)

10 pm LAST NIGHT.

When I was asleep.

When did I wake up? 1 in the afternoon. It was pretty much not even worth it at that point.

Not that it would've made any difference...I had all my plans revolving around tickets going on sale Wednesday...and then THIS happens, and I'm caught with no money and lots of chores I need to do before I can go anywhere. And on top of that, I can't go tomorrow because I'm going to Hershey Park. And then I board at school for three days and don't get home until Wednesday, making that the absolute earliest I can get tickets. And I'm smart enough to realize that the chances of getting ANYTHING for May 16 are pretty much nil. If I'm not in that theater when the 16th comes around, heads WILL roll. Actually, heads will roll anyway, because one of the best things about the Episode 1 experience was waiting in line for 5 1/2 hours. It was a blast, and I'll miss that experience a lot this time around. But hey, when Episode III comes out I'll be 20, and I'll be able to prove how much of a freak I really am and camp out weeks ahead of time :)

ARRRRRRRRRGH. Curses to Lucasfilm! How could they let this situation get so out of hand?

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I talked to a manager at Crown just a few minutes ago. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said tickets will probably go on sale tomorrow, and they will have a digital projection for the midnight showing! This is awesome! I can go up there tomorrow.

Another thing with Hoyts, I'm planning on seeing the movie again around 8:30 pm on the 16th, so I wouldn't mind doing the line-up at Hoyts for that showing. But for the midnight, I'm going to Annapolis. Because I won't find out about tickets till tomorrow, having a line there is just about impossible. They open tomorrow at 12:30, but I'm gonna keep calling all morning. Please be on the boards around that time. I'm gonna post the news as soon as I get it. Maybe I should get all of your email addresses.

13. BobaFett420

Sep 12, 2001
    I'm going to be at Annapolis when they open tomorrow just to make sure I don't miss it.

14. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    damn hoyts is pissing me off!!!!

15. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    well it's monday and hoyts said they'd know more today so let's hope they do! i'm hoping that they announce today that tix go on sale this tursday so it will give everyone time to plan what they are doing and the whole camp out thing for their theater! i just don't want them to say today...tix go on sale tomorrow! thursday is cool with me, 1 week before the movie!!!! 10 DAYS PEOPLE, 10 DAYS! WE ALL CAN FINALLY SAY, EP.2 COMES OUT NEXT WEEK!!!!

16. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    I just got off the phone with the hoyts theater here in frederick and i asked the girl if tickets for episode 2 would go on sale today and she said...they STILL didn't have any info and she assumes that they would go on sale later this week sometime! She sounded pretty young and probably didn't know much info but she did tell me what she knew so hopefully we'll get word later today (i plan on bugging hoyts alot in the next few days until i can get some answers-maybe a interigator droid would be helpful in get some info out of these people working for hoyts). i'm still hoping and expecting it to be thursday (it seems like i'm the only one posting on tix for hoyts...does that mean everyone has given up and went elsewhere for tix and not bothering to wait?)damn this sucks!

17. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    If I can't get tickets today at the Annapolis Crown, I will still try for Hoyts.

18. Karthio_Five

Nov 9, 2001
    I bought a ticket for the 12:01am digital showing at Crown Annapolis 11, but I am still willing to see the movie at Hoyts later in the day.

-Karth

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I'm planning on seeing the movie again at Hoyts around 8:30pm (or any showtime around then). I called them this morning about tickets and they said they wouldn't know till around 5 or 6.

20. Arkkuss

Arkkuss Jedi Master

May 23, 2000
    Hey Jawa I know where you're coming from. I've been calling the hoyts in Frederick for the past couple of days and my calls have went pretty much the same as yours. I went into the the theater in Fredericktown mall and the girl behind the counter gave me this blank stare like she didn't even know about the movie at all. I didn't have any time to call them today but tomorrow they'll hear from me a couple of times. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

21. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    if anyone gets any info on hoyts selling tickets (especially the one on frederick)please e-mail me at: clash1978@hotmail.com

i don't always come to the board but i do try to always check my e-mail!
    thanks!

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I called Hoyts West Nursery today and the manager said that maybe tomorrow they'll be selling tickets.

23. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Woo hoo! I don't know how this happened, but yesterday I called the Senator and the only sold-out show was 12:01! So I picked up a ticket for 7:45 on the 16th. Anyone else going to this show? Anyone at all?

This actually kind of worries me that there are so many tickets left. I mean, TPM sold out ALL first day shows in hours! Even the 3:45 am one! I'd like to think it's just because Lucasfilm screwed up the advance ticket sales situation so badly, but it's possible that there just aren't as many "casual" people looking forward to this one. As much as I like Spider-Man and Harry Potter, I do NOT want them winning this box-office war :)

btw, I just realized it opens on a Thursday. Thursday? wtf? Has any other movie EVER opened on a Thursday? Don't they realize they'll make a lot more money by opening on a Friday like any other "normal" movie?

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I believe McCallum said it's opening on Thursday because most countries have openings on Thursdays.

And, to address your other concern. I think when they total the weekend earnings, they'll include Thursday too. So, Star Wars will be given an extra day.

25. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    I'm breaking my own rule of coming here before the movie opens but I thought I'd post this in case any one was interested.

I just called Loews Centerpark 8 and the guy I spoke with said they are hoping to sell tickets this thursday, but he didn't know what time yet cause 20th Cen. Fox hasn't told them yet, and he told me to check by calling them thursday.

I'm going to the closest show they have to 4 pm there for the THX theater (drool). I'd like to go earlier, but my sister has finals all day (yuck)

I just hope they put it into the THX theaters cause they didnt put Spiderman into the THX until monday.

Ok, back to my internet hermit-dom to stay spoiler free. See ya after the 16th!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.