Mary OFFICIAL Advance Tickets Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I'm back from Indy.......I'll give details on the C2 on another thread. I did want to let you know that I just got back from my local Hoyts.......and they Still know nothing!!! Guy said they were expecting an announcement today and for a possible sale tomorrow.

ALSO.....I was VERY fortunate to have a chance to talk with Rick McCallum over the weekend (only for a few minutes). He could not stress enough the importance of seeing EpII Digitally. But he said if you cant get to a digital theatre, BITCH heavily to your local theatre manager. They will never get digital equiptment if we dont insist on it and threaten to take our business elsewhere.
    He also suggested that if you plan on seeing it both ways.......watch the film version first so that you wont be dissapointed (as you will be) if you see it digitally first.
  2. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought Star Wars films ALWAYS open on the third or fourth Thursday in May. I thought it was simply tradition.

For TPM, I bought tickets for the opening midnight showing just two days in advance, but they were sold out by opening. I also went to a matinee last year on opening day, at about 3pm, and the theater was half empty, but the line for the later showings were HUGE. The third time was on Sunday of opening weekend and I just went over when the box office opened for a showing later that day. I seriously doubt AOTC will break any sales records. My non-Star Wars "fan" friends are purposely refusing to go opening weekend to avoid the crowds. Lines and rushes for advance tickets scare the general folk off until later because they think they won't be able to get in or don't want to deal with the chaos. I think it's hugeness actually hurts it's opening sales numbers.

All that really matters is that it makes enough money to keep Lucasfilm in business so GL finishes the last one!

3. Jawa78 Jedi Knight

A few things...

The reason why many tickets are available is mainly because only the diehard fans know that tickets are on sale. When Menace came out most of the news stations, news papers, and theaters had stuff promoting the advance tickets sales and to top that off goeorge lucas announced through starwars.com and the magazine (plus various other big news and entertainment shows) that tickets would go on sale the same time everywhere in the u.s.! This time around tickets sales seem to be left up the the various theater chains, which is a dumb idea. It should be the same day, same time everywhere no matter what. Will AOTC top Spider-Man...two words...HELL NO! Why you may ask...there doesn't seem to be as much interest (i do think in the end more promotion would help the casual fans wanna see it even more)and I have just begun to see more than one clones commercial (mainly on MTV)which is also a bad sign because trailers are what gets people to the theaters and frankly they are not running them nearly as much as Spider-Man commercials. I wouldn't be too shocked to see Clones do less than Harry Potter did but $114 million is alot to ask for especially when it's playing in less theaters, has less promotion (you may say...hey it's Star Wars and it doesn't need it but to the die-hards it doesn't but not all die-hard spidey fans made the movie the biggest opener ever and promotion had alot to do with it's success). If anyone saw the CNN special from Skywalker ranch, which ended about 12 minutes ago then you probably saw the poll asking how many people plan on seeing Star Wars opening weekend and 22% said they were but a wopping 44% said they were going to wait a week! That doesn't sound good at all!

As for Hoyts...I called my local Hoyts around 11am this morning and the guy who i spoke to said he hadn't checked his e-mail yet but to try back later today (which i did and nobody answered the phone). The guy said tix usually go on sale 1 week in advance and when i mentioned that they were on sale at other theaters he didn't respond. I saw on News channel 8 tonight that there was a line-up somewhere in DC (if you watch FOX 5 or get FOX 5 news then you probably know which line i'm talking about)and they said they're waiting to be the first to see it next week and tickets go on sale this Friday! I'm expecting a Thursday or Firday sale for Hoyts but it's almost Wednesday and nothing and I hope they give us some advance notice! Ok as of 9:18pm the Hoyts in Frederick was just called once again by me and Sara told me...no we don't know anything yet sir (she shouldn't be cause it's her job and i'm the one that's pissed at their lack of info and knowledge). So as of 9:18pm...nothing!
  4. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I called Hoyts today too. One time the manager said Thursday. Later on I called, I was told maybe tomorrow (Wed.).
  5. Jedikmg Jedi Padawan

I don't post much but i like to read over the forum here. I'm from Carroll County and i jsut thought i'd let you guys know that www.moviefone.com is preselling the tickets allready. No lines necessary(unlike at the celebration).
  6. Lord_Homer Jedi Master

star 4
    I got tickets from fandango.com for the 4:20 p.m. showing of AOTC on May 16 at Regal Rockville! Anyone else going to that showing?
  7. Jawa78 Jedi Knight

I called the Hoyts in Frederick earlier today and the guy told me that he's expecting info at any moment and he expects it to come soon but he still couldn't give me a guess as to when they'd get the info but to keep checking back which is becoming a pain in the ass and you can tell that the people there are getting annoyed!
  8. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I expect them to sell tickets tomorrow. I'm gonna call Hoyts West Nursery in a little while. I hope they have some info.
  9. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hoyts West Nursery is now selling tickets.
  10. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Shibby!!! :D

What time are we all planning on seeing the movie there on the 18th? I'll go ahead and get the tickets if they are selling them that far in advance.
  11. Jawa78 Jedi Knight

Well tickets are now on sale in Hagertown at the Valley Mall and their brand new stadium seating theater! they acutally have a midnight showing and according to the girl I talked to, nobody knows about tickets and not that many have been bought yet! they are showing ep.2 in 3 theaters for the midnight showing so i guess i have a good chance at seeing it there. I still wanna see it at Hoyts in Frederick but I doubt that they'll have a midnight showing mainly because they've never seemed to have them before, not even for Menace!
  12. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Jawa 78, I might be cohersed into tickets at Hagerstown if you need company, otherwise I'll see it for the first time At Hoyt's with FF on the 18th.
  13. MasterYaddle Jedi Padawan

Does anyone know about White Marsh or Eastpoint? I keep getting the run around. I was hoping to see it there a couple of times later in the day on the 16th with different groups of friends.
  14. Arkkuss Jedi Padawan

I'm heading up to Hagerstown from Frederick in about an hour to pick up some tickets for the midnight show. I'm tired of waiting for hoyts to make up there mind about tickets. It would be great if you could get there Isbeth. If Jawa78 goes too then we would have a little group from
    the boards going.

Arkkuss
  15. Jawa78 Jedi Knight

Yep I just got my ticket for the hagerstown midnight showing! I asked the lady working if they sold alot of tickets and she suprisingly said no they haven't at all. Nobody knows about it or seems to wanna go see it and maybe that's due to the lack of promotion this time around but they do have it posted out side that star wars opens in two weeks and that advance tickets are on sale. Ep.2 is playing in at least 4 theaters there (i think it has like 16 theaters there but i've never been)

I just called Hoyts in frederick and they put tix on sale today (it figures)but no midnight showing and they just put them onsale for the 16th!
  16. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't get to Hagerstown, today, but I will go if somebody gets me a ticket and I will reimburse them. I promise I am good for it. Also let me know when to meet and I'll bring a camera. Maybe I can talk some sense into you young padawan about your choice on life's path. :)
  17. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got my tickets today for the 3pm showing at my local Hoyts-10. I cant believe they are only getting ONE print of the film. Keep in mind that this particular theatre is the ONLY decent (not even good, but decent) theatre this side of Annapolis (1.5 hrs away) and Wilmington (2.0 hrs away). I can not believe that Star Wars is causing such little stir. When the theatre manager was approached about only one print at his theatre.....his response was basically, "My paycheck doesn't change if I run one or five prints of this....so I really dont care." I am seriously considering contacting the Hoyts corporate offices about this atrocity. What do you all think?

Ian

p.s.- I cant believe that Hagerstown has a 18 screen theatre!! Is this for real? When I lived there, it was basically an Amish/Menonite community.
  18. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Honey even Martinsburg, WV has a Hoyts 10 and SW is on two screens, stadium seating and a midnight show to boot that is sold out.
  19. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ya know......It makes me sick that I live in such a cuturally backwords town. For as large as it really is.....I think 4th largest city in MD, it's a darn shame. If it doesn't have to do anything with stuffing your face with crabs or chicken, or going to OC, they want nothing to do with it. I am seriously considering moving sometime after October. Any suggestions?
  20. Jawa78 Jedi Knight

yep the Hagerstown theater has been re-done and is now has stadium seating and 16 theaters. Also the mall that it's located in, the Valley Mall has been totally re-done and is much bigger and blows away both malls in Frederick. the frederick town mall when the theater is at is basically a ghetto mall and the only reason to go there is the movies. The fsk mall is alot better but is nowhere near as good as the Valley mall and you'd think at least they'd have the theater because they are putting so much stuff out on that side of town (Frederick is the 2nd largest city in Maryland ya know)but they have been trying to build a new theater near the FSK mall for a few years now that has 20 theaters but still it hasn't been completed and the only theaters in frederick is the Hoyts at the mall, Westridge 6, which sucks and doesn't follow the policy of if your under 17 you need a adult over 21 to get you in which isn't true and EVERYONE needs to show i.d. even if your with a adult in their 50's (i'm 23 so i don't have that problem but I tried going with a friend who was 16 to a r-rated movie and they wouldn't let him it cause he didn't have i.d. and I was 23)and there is also the theater that shows two movies for $3 (lord of the rings and a beautiful mind is playing there). I personally don't like Hagerstown all that much (it still has a ton of Amish people but mostly they fock to Sams club and Wal-Mart)and then you have your share of rednecks and thugs who like to cause trouble (i've seen kids smoking pot outside the valley mall). But the mall in Hagerstown is alot nicer than it used to be (they still have the section of the old mall but they added on to it (it's funny cause the newer part is so much nicer and brighter than the older part). Frederick from what I was told was only getting one print (which is odd cause Spider-man is playing in two theaters at the mall and in one at Westridge)This is Star Wars not some cheap teen movie that will be out of the theater in less than a month but I think the promotion and the lack of interest has a little to do with it and then there are the bad reviews coming in.
  21. NabooPop Force Ghost

star 2
    Got my tickets for the Annapolis Mall theater, digital room - HUGE thanks to Mogook who told me about it, and alerted me to the fact that I had to specify I wanted the digital room.

Sithspawn35, where are you located? Sounds like you are in the Outer Rim like me (Eastern Shore).
  22. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad you'll be able to make it NabooPop.
  23. orangerful Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, I have my tickets, my question is - what time do you think the line will start for the 12:01am showing? I want to get prime seats this time (I underestimated for PTM and had okay seats but not the best).

Just want to know when ya'll will be showing up so I at least have someone to talk to in line!

Oh, did I mention this is the Senator Theater I'm talking about :)

Toodle pip
    Sam
  24. Master_Skywalker77 Jedi Padawan

Hello,

I am a "newbie" on this board and I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Master_Skywalker77. I been lurking around here for a couple a weeks and thought it was time to join up. I'll post more about myself in the getting to know you thread. I wanted to let eveybody know that tickets for the crown showing in Annapolis are on sale on the internet, throught crown's website, but all three(?) midnite showings on the 16th are sold out. I bought a ticket the other day when they had only one showing listed for midnite. I haven't picked up the ticket yet, so hopefully I got a ticket to the digital showing. I'll let you guys know. I thought I read on another thread that they are getting only one print? Every other day after the 16th, there is only one theater listed according to their website. Hopefully, when I see it there again on the 18th it's in a digital theater as well. I think BobaFett420 posted this info. Do you guys have any more information about this? Let me know. Thanks

25. BobaFett420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just posted this in the Crown Attendance Forum....

Crown ended up getting film prints as well. They didn't have times for the film version up until a day or two ago. Right now, it looks like they have at least one other print besides digital. The guy working at the game store right next to the box office said he didn't get digital, and his theater was #1. All of us who bought tickets for the show first got theater #11, the digital one.

So when buying tickets, make sure they say theater 11 if you want digital. The easy way to tell seems to be that the digital shows all start at the top of the hour.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.