main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Official Announcement of Second Meeting!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I just got off the phone with Jose over at TRU in Mission Bay and got the go ahead for the table and banner. This is what is going to be posted on the main page of Fan Force:

San Diego Star Wars Society Has Second Meeting During Midnight Madness at Toys R Us!

Date: Monday, April 22nd

Time: 8pm - 12 midnight

Where: Toys R Us
    1240 W Morena Blvd
    (Between Levitz Furniture &
    Nurseryland)

The San Diego Star Wars Society will have a table and banner set up at the Midnight Madness Event at Toys R Us. Bring your folding chairs, or just yourselves to meet us, join our group, and get in line to see and purchase the new Episode II toys when Toys R Us opens its doors from 12 midnight to 2am. Star Wars keychains will be given out to the first 75 people to sign up to join the San Diego Star Wars Society and join our mailing list.

After 10pm we will have several members of the 501st arrive in costume! Also, we have been alerted that local media may very well be present to cover the event. Hope to see you all there!

For questions, additional information, contact MaraJade@SanDiegoStarWars.com

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    Am I already a member since I went to the first meeting?
    And if so, how come I'm getting gypped out of a keychain? :(

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Awww Brian... I'll give you first choice of keychains, do you want Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, or Greedo? I'll even give YOU a Star Wars dangler! ;)

So who is going besides me, and *whining like Luke Skywalker* Brian? ;)

I was thinking, if I'm not too lazy, of bringing a drink dispenser with some gatorade in it. I think it holds 100 cups of drink or so.

4. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    But I wanted to go to Toshi Station and pick up some power converters!!! :_|

Vader sounds cool to me. :D

The Gatorade sounds like a good idea. We might get thirsty waiting outside of TRU for 6 hours. [face_plain]

5. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I'll try to come, but I don't know if I'll be able to. I have class that night until 10:00, so I wouldn't be able to get there until really late, and I'll have to convince my mom or dad to drive me. Hopefully I'll be there! :D

6. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    "The Son of Skywalker must NOT become a Jedi"

As a suggestion from someone who dressed up as a Star Trek Klingon, it's usually nice to have ice cold water on hand, for those folks who are attending in costume.

7. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    ok ice cold water sounds good too... i should be there as well digital camera in hand..... i may bring my partners in crime... we'll see...

8. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    *in high whinin luke voice* NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't come... Stupid frikkin school. WHY?!?!?! :_|

9. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll be there! I don't *really* care which keychain I get, I'll defer to those who have preferences. But I would like one!!

10. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    *throws school stuff through a wall and swears in several languages* CURSE SCHOOL! CURSE UNCOOPERATIVE PARENTS!! CURSE ALL THE BAD LUCK IN THE UNIVERSE!!! *notices everyone staring at her and giggles nervously*

11. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Apr 14, 2002
    Gives

Me_Is_Jade

The

Emperor's Evil-Eye lQQk

12. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    well. today is saturday..ok im going to call my fellow assistants on monday..and if all comes to reality ..i will be there to shoot the commercial. and do some interviews. I ALSO HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. as a founder of the star wars society. i vote myself..the president of the club. :)

anyways. just call me hj. see ya all there.... i hope all of you behave and distribute the action figures equally and dont get in fights. I am limiting the figures to only one per charachter....

mtfbwy ;)

13. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello all-
    I am new to these boards, but not theforce.net or San Diego(San Diego Native). I just found out today that there was a San Diego Fanforce chapter. I would be interested in meeting with like minded starwars fans(not to mention picking up a free boba fett key chain - I have a boba fett collection). I hope to see you guys and hopefully some stormtroopers at 8.

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    Right back atcha, Spike. ;)

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Welcome William!

I'm a San Diego Native too. I'll be there at 8 setting up the table so make sure you come by as soon as I get there. Boba Fett is the most popular Key chain, and it is also the one I have the least quantities of. The stormtroopers probably will not arrive until closer to 10pm though.

16. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    I JUST WANT MY NATALIE PORTMAN FIGER!!!!!!
    I will be there with the 501st

17. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    There's no Natalie Portman figure. [face_plain]

18. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Apr 14, 2002
    Too bad that Dave Scott from KUSI-51 wasn't covering this event.

Because he probably would want us to either fight over the new Star Wars toys; [face_laugh]

or prevent him from acquiring any of the new Star Wars toys by blocking his entrance into the Toys R Us store at the stroke of midnight. [face_laugh]

19. jedi_storyteller

jedi_storyteller Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    I just found out that I have to trasfer to the college that I was planning on going to in the fall, this summer. That means that I'm gonna miss the comicon. I missed last years cause of a family reunion, and now I can't go this July.

Mesa berry, BERRY sad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.