main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Official Announcement of THIRD Meeting!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is what will be posted on the main page of Fan Force this evening and be sent out to all our members:

San Diego Star Wars Society Holds Its Third Meeting

Date: Sunday, April 28th

Time: 4:30pm till whenever

Address: 10791 Tierrasanta Blvd. #104 San Diego, CA 92124 (Meet in the Main Sanctuary of CVCF) We will try to have balloons or an arrow pointing to the building.

Directions: From the 8, take 15N to Balboa/Tierrasanta Blvd exit, go east (right). Go through 2 lights, turn right into parking lot before the Jack in the Box. CVCF's sanctuary is directly ahead, taking up most of the shopping center in front of you. (If you hit La Cuenta (the 3rd light) you just passed it.) Park anywhere except the small lot outside Jack in the Box... all the rest of the parking belongs to the church.

Dinner: This will be a potluck, bring food, drinks, snacks, etc. Please respond with what you think you can bring. If you can't bring anything, please don't feel bad, just show up anyway. There is also a Jack-in-the-box and Domino's pizza (on the property) so we could always order/get food there as well.

Facilities: Bathrooms, multimedia system w/ digital projection on 2 big screens {DVD, CDROM, VHS, Playstation, MP3, Cassette

Door Prizes: 4 Doorprizes will be given out. Four people will win their choice of either a Boba Fett 300th figure, or ESB Customizable Card Game Introductory two-player game.

For further information, please contact MaraJade@SanDiegoStarWars.com

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    The Good News:

The email just went out to all 99 members of the San Diego Star Wars Society tonight.

The Bad News:

21 of those emails were returned to me for various reasons. If you didn't recieve the email tonight, please post here or private message me, with your correct email address.

Thanks!

PS- Please feel free to invite as many fellow Star Wars fans to the meeting as you wish. Spread the word that we exist!

3. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I'm definitely coming! I'm sorry I couln't come to the last one. I really wanted to. Stupid school.

Should I bring anything? (besides food)

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Other than food, you can bring any Star Wars item you have to show off, Star Wars fan films etc.

5. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Can i bring some friends?

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Please bring as many Star Wars buddies as you would like!

7. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Geez another bad day for me. I wanna go to these meetings but they are always on the worst days for me. Also the distance from me these meetings are being held at is not good. Fx88 has offered to drive me and i'll take him up on that offer next time we have a meeting that is not on a sunday or monday (my two worst days by far). We should try to meet in like la jolla or something that's more central to san diego county.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    We will try to hold meetings at various locales around the county as meeting places become available. The only meeting place that has been made available to us at this time is the location in Tierrasanta. We can hold meetings at members homes, in a park, what other places, locales can you suggest? La Jolla isn't exactly "central" for me as I live in Otay, on the Mexican border, but I'm willing to travel because these meetings are something that are very important to me, and I've had a blast thus far.

9. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Yeah well both FX88 and I live in Carlsbad, and Tierrasanta is not exactly close for us either. I'm just saying i agree we should meet at a variety of places around the county to make it easier for everyone.

10. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    should we drees up? and if we can who will be dressing up because I dont relly want to be the only one in jedi robes.

11. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm all for as many meeting options as possible! If you have any really good concrete suggestions to contribute, please do. I say concrete, because suggesting a general locale (such as Coronado for example) doesn't mean there is a place for certain we could meet as a group for our purposes. If you have a specific idea for a meeting place, be it office suite, house, park (I'm all for BBQ's), that's more constructive. ;)

Please make sure to take into account the geographic enormity of our little group though! Given that our members live in an area that stretches from the Mexican border to Temecula and from PB as far east as Alpine (which is a pretty big area) , I think Mission Valley/Tierrasanta is pretty central for all of San Diego County. No one should have to drive more than 45 minutes. I don't hear too many people complain about the stadium not being central enough for SD county. (Just my $.02 though.)

Also take into consideration PARKING as an issue... I'm sorry, but driving around for 30 minutes just looking for parking wasn't too cool for the 1st meeting. Totally worth it!!! But not cool.

I'm totally open to suggestions for alternative meeting spots in the future, just make sure think it out before you post: issues like travel time, parking availability and cost, facilities (rooms size/movie screen/media players/etc). I'm sure there are lots of other options. Making someone from IB drive to Carlsbad probably isn't going to be one. La Jolla as a locale isn't a bad idea, as long as there is parking (which tends to be a problem in certain areas!) and a place to meet! But the Mission Valley swath of land is pretty much the center divide for SD, and equal driving time for the whole of the group.

In the other post about event ideas, I saw some great suggestions!! Lets definitely plan some of those (especially the laser tag) and I think as we plan them, the meeting places can be coordinated nicely around them!!

12. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    I'm off that day! :) I'll see if I can make it.

Jeff

13. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I'll try to come, but it will depend on how much homework I can get done today and tomorrow. [face_plain]

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i will try and make it, although i might be late... anyone want to play star wars trivial pursuit?

15. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    It would be nice to play this with some competition.
    I routinely wipe the floor with my friends.

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i'll throw it in the car...

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You know what is funny? I have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, Star Wars Monopoly, and even a Star Wars Chess set and have NEVER played any of those games. I just don't have anyone to play them with. *sob* *sniff*

18. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    Everyone I know is afraid to play with me.
    I won on my first turn once. [face_plain]

19. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I've never played SW Trivial Pursuit, even though I too own the game. (it's buried in storage at the moment.) It's on, baby!! Let's play a round of that!!!

20. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Well, I will certainly try to make the meeting for at least a little while. However, can't stay too long. Have an awesome church service I go to Sunday evenings called flood, and I am not really willing to miss it.

I'm just getting unlucky about these. The first, I was sick for, the second I didn't hear about, and now the third I have a conflict. :(

Idea for a future meeting: beach or park. I have a set of 4 SW laser tag guns, and a friend has two more. They are great fun, but better to use outside, esp at night. Glorietta Bay Park in Coronado would be really good...

21. Grey_Jedi

Grey_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Hello.

Just discovered your group tonight. I would like to make your meeting on Sunday but it's too short of notice. However, I'll submit my e-mail on your web page so I'll be on the mailing list for the next meeting.

If you need any help with the site, let me know. I'm a multimedia/internet/design consultant.

And check out my regular SW group at the Order of the Grey (http://www.greyjedi.net)

Grey_Jedi (aka Qui-Mom Jinn)

22. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Running around a park at night with a blaster isn't a good idea......

Maybe a round of Lazer Tag at the place near the Sports Arena?

Jeff

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Grey_Jedi,

I am sending you a private message with the email address of ValueROCKR who is leading our webteam. I think he would appreciate any help you could give him.

Linda :)

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Can everyone just chime in "if" they are going, how many people they will bring with them, and what, if anything, they can bring to the potluck. I am sure the rain this weekend will have a negative affect on attendence. Our first meeting only had 13 people attend, and we all had a blast, so we'll have a good time irregardless. And there are 4 doorprizes this meeting, so if less people show up, that increases your chances to win! ;)

I plan to bring at least 1 large Pizza Hut pizza and drinks, ice, and cups. I'll bring more if I'm not lazy. I am moving this weekend so chances are that I'll be lazy though. It was also suggested we wear nametags, so I'll bring some of those too.

25. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    Im coming and I'm bringing some logos to choose from (and anybody else please bring your own, and we can all pick). I may bring something to eat or drink also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.