main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Official Announcement of THIRD Meeting!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I'm coming and my sister is too, though she might be a little late. Depends on what time she gets off work. I'll bring something to eat too, but I'm not sure what it'll be yet.

Star Wars trivial pursuit sounds like fun!

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll be there.
    I'm bringing Troops and the Star Wars Holi-..um, Boba Fett cartoon. :D

My roommate expressed interest in going, but he plays EverQuest so he's still iffy. ;)

I can bring some Doritos or something.

3. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    MJF.. not a Domino's pizza fan huh? There's a DP literally 30 feet from the church and they usually have very cool discounts for us ;)

I'll be bringing several fanfilms, most of them short but a couple features in case anyone wants to watch Dark Redemption, Emergence of the Sith, etc.

4. Tyria_Sarkin

Tyria_Sarkin Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    I don't have any Star Wars stuff to bring, but would anyone object to Krispy Kreme donuts instead? ;)

5. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Mmmmmm...Donuts.

6. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Donuts would be nice. :)

I'd like someone to bring the newly released Broken Alliegance. An awesome film, and I'd bring it if my burner wasn't being so stupid. I probably won't be able to fix it till monday.

7. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    Bringing Broken Allegiance, Duality, Emergence of the Sith, The Dark Redemption, The Invisible Enemy, Troops, SW Ep5 original trailer, Star Dudes, Bad Dudes Strike Back, Return of the Dude, Knightquest. :)

8. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    you guys think itll last till after 8? i dont get off work till then

9. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    You don't have to bring Troops. I already said I was bringing it.
    And I've got it on DVD too. :)

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    ok, while some of the fan films were good... i think we had too many last night... only so many i can take at one time...

(the stormtroopers on endor / ewok-predator one was pretty lame...)

star dudes was cool, and the mara jade one was good too.. i had already seen duality, which is also great...

11. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    My brain was ready to explode. [face_plain]

12. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    D'oh...I missed it!! Aaargh!

13. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree, it was a bit on the overkill side with the flicks... I just felt I owed it to you all because of the long wait due to ARG! technical difficulties!!

However, I was stoked that we got the ball rolling on a couple of issues like 1) where we're all going to see EP2 and 2) electing a City Rep (thanks MJF... you rock!). I think the meetings are going to get better and better as far as feeling out what we like to do and what we don't like to do at them. More input the better!

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    /\
    You owed it to us to melt our brains? ?[face_plain]

15. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    So where is it that we are seeing Episode two?

16. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    There's been three offical meetings of the San Diego Star Wars Society...

My question is....

Is the San Diego Star Wars Society; an Offical FanForce, yet!?!?

17. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Now that we've had three meetings that have been advertised on the FanForce boards and we elected a City Rep, we should now be official.

18. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    I think it... might just be a matter of... the City Rep contacting our SouthWest Regional Support Administrator; Obey Wann, and find out what the status of the San Diego Star Wars Society is, as far as Offical FanForce Status.

Was Mara_Jada_Fan (Linda) elected the City Rep? Or was somebody else elected?

19. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, it was Linda.

20. DarthMaul84

DarthMaul84 Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2001
    I'm sorry that I didn't make it to the last meeting. I was at the Toys R Us thing though, but I didn't get there till about 11. I wasn't able to make the last one because my dog had just died on Sunday and I was not really in the mood to go have fun. It gets better though....my grandma died Monday morning! Am I having a great week or what???! :( :( :_| :_|

21. JediG60racer

Apr 9, 2002
    No offense, Darth, but I don't want you sitting anywhere near me at the premiere... Don't want that bad mojo to land on me too!

Seriously though, I'm sorry for both of your losses. I hope things get better for you and soon!

22. DarthMaul84

DarthMaul84 Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2001
    Don't worry though, I'm probably going to the Mira Mesa theates to see Attack of the Clones. I want some decent seats, and since everyone's going to Mission Valley, I'll hold off on that for a couple of days. I'll try to make it if I can, but I don't have a car (it will be my graduation present), so I have to rely on other people to drive me around. We'll see though.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have emailed Obey_Wann and informed him that we have met the 3 meeting requirement and that I have been elected City Rep. I also informed him that we would like to have the name of "San Diego Star Wars Society" reflected on Fan Force page.

Thanks so much for your faith in me. You guys can always declare a "vote of no confidence" should I ever let you down. ;)

24. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Maul84 - Where you from in Mira Mesa? I grew up there on Avenida Del Gato jsut north of the Mira Mesa Mall.

25. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Since I caught wind of this, I will go ahead and make you all official. Congratz Mara! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.