main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official AOTC discussion thread!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Straight_Edge, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight_Edge

Straight_Edge Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    haha you go first!

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I?ll hold off until everyone has seen it. Those of you going (later) Thursday are in for a great show! I have to get to bed. Good night all! And may the force be with you!

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Thanks again for saving me a seat there Zod. And to anybody reading this before 5am, check out channel 3's morning news. Random and Pas might be on it, they were interviewed by Obie-Wan Shelton after the movie.

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    HOLY S---! THAT WAS A VIOLENT MOVIE!!!!!!

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I know that we have an official spoiler thread, but since this is the official AOTC discussion thread, I will be the first to post my critique of Episode II, WITH SPOILERS ENCLOSED!. If you haven't seen it and don't want it ruined, then don't read this!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

First of all, OH MY GOD! This movie was awesome! In my personal opinion, THE BEST OUT OF THE 5 MOVIES TO DATE! My complaints: the scenes go by sooo fast; Natalie never got naked; not enough of Palpatine/Sidious; whenever Anakin was on the beasts, the CGI looked somewhat crappy such as in the meadow and the arena; Shmi's death scene wasn't that great, it could have been (no pun intended) exectued better; George tried too hard to foreshadow Anakin's fall to the Dark Side, in other words, he was way too impulsive; most importantly, this movie NEEDED to be twice as long in order to get more breadth in and make its continuity slightly better, i.e. the footage of Padme's family, the slaughter of the Tuskens was much longer, etc.

Awesome parts:

THE REVELATION; Dooku telling Obi-Wan EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON, and him not believing it! Ingenious move by George.

YODA AND A LIGHTSABER! Enough said.

THE ATTACK OF THE CLONES. The clones freaking rocked. Way to mess stuff up clones. All the exploding stuff and droids getting ruined, very nice.

CORUSCANT CHASE. Very suspenseful, glad they didn't ruin how it ended in the previews.

THE END OF THE PARTY. Mace and the Jedi owning in the arena was sooo wizard.

THE SECRET WEAPON. The Death Star plans! Awesome implementation of the future episodes by George.

THE HUMOR. Ewan was sooo much funnier than Jar Jar.

THE MUSIC. Great use of classic SW themes such as Duel Of The Fates and Imperial March, and Across The Stars is a new goodie.

THE WEDDING. Just cool to see the forbidden love being kept a secret even though it will destroy them.

E
    N
    D
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

I gave Spider-Man a 4 out of 5. Not even being biased to SW, this movie was much more entertaining, and I have to give it a 5 out of 5. AOTC totally makes up for any disappointments people had with TPM. (Although I personally liked it.) Go see it now if you haven't, and if you have, see it again!

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It may sound corny, but this could possibly be my favorite movie of the entire saga!

First of all, digital projection is the way of the future. And theater owners better stop dragging their heels on this. The picure was clear the sound was amazing; and it was just the perfect movie-viewing experience.

And Hayden's performance as Anakin deserves some serious recognition. The scene in Padme's apartment where he openly questions Obi-Wan's decisions was brilliant. And the raw emotions of rage (Tuskin camp) and sadness/hatred (afterwards in the garage) were some of the best acting I've seen.

I can see the Jar Jar bashers lovin' the fact that Jar Jar gets manipulated by Palpatine into giving him "emergency powers." Our theater was laughing when Palpatine said that "I love democracy..."

The clone wars themselves were more then you can watch just once, I was watching making comparisons to weapons from OT (laser cannons = X-Wing cannons) (Gunship turrets = little Death Star cannons) and of course, the first reference to THE Death Star; so Palpatine's been working on that for a while.

Th elightsaber duel was more then I could imagine. They were shorter then in TPM, but more intense. I loved the part where Anakin and Dooku fought with the lights out, yes it was difficult to follow...but the speed of the action was amazing. And Yoda had the crowd cheering...best fight of all time. And I don't agree with critics who say he shouldn't need a lightsaber; force lightning and throwing was a draw, and your lightsaber is a part of who you are...even for a Jedi Master.

Of course, my favorite parts were at the lake retreat on Naboo; having been to Lake Como, this movie has a real personal attachment for me. Now more then ever, I'm determined to go back there someday.

8. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    I liked this movie a lot. Notice I didn't say "loved" it. Here's why:

SPOILERS!!

1. The love story was WAY too forced/fast. In 24 hours, Padme goes from "Don't look at me, it makes me uncomfortable." to "I love you more than anything." And the ending - while needed to be done (and I really did like the similarities between the end of ATOC and ESB), was along the same lines of too much too soon.

2. Dooku - or as I like to call him, Darth Grampa. The actor is WAY WAY WAY too old to be playing such a bad-@$$. Very dissapointing to go from Darth Maul to Darth Depends.

3. The Death Star was completely unnecessary and should NOT have been included. I have personal reasons for this, but the main one is that the origins were already established in the EU books. I know that GL ignores this source of info, but I feel the way the EU books describe it, it's more realistic.

4. C3PO was the Jar Jar of this film. I cringed everytime a bad joke came out of his mouth (which was almost every line).

The Good:
    -The Battle (i.e. Saving Private Jedi). Very realistic. Very dirty. VERY Violent. Incredible. And seeing all those Jedi fighting at once gave me chills.

-Yoda. The PIMP-MASTER of the Galaxy. MAJOR @$$-kicker.

-Coruscant. Beatiful. Just Beautiful.

END SPOILERS

Overall - a must see and an enojyable part of the story. It was a lot to process (visually) and I'll be seeing it a couple more times (at least ;) )

9. Degalos

Degalos Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    My initial thoughts, starting as soon as five minutes into the movie, were "You're kidding! They cut THAT?!?"

I've had the movie spoiled for me since... well, a LONG time. Won't name any contacts, but I had good resources. And I didn't care about knowing what happened. Didn't bother me for TPM, and it didn't bother me for AotC.

What bothered me was knowing what DIDN'T happen.

There were SOOOO many cuts. Some of which were necessary, but MANY should have been left in, at least partially. They're actually too numerous to list here (a mostly-complete list is in the Ep2 page of TFN). I found that really disappointing.

I've got some substantial complaints about the movie, but I'm finding more and more of them could be addressed through many of the cut scenes.

Otherwise, I LOVED the movie. I'd have to see it again before I decide for sure, but I think this is going to end up being my favorite of the series so far.

10. DarthPoke-G

DarthPoke-G Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    My summary....
    AWSOME MOVIE!

Now to nitpick it!
    1. Anakin bad romantic acting, great at being evil. His true talents are yet to be seen.
    2. Lucas made us happy and took out JarJar, but he mocked us and put in 3PO instead.
    3. Must Lucas give the hyped up villains quick stupid deaths. A quick flick o the wrist, Maul's dead, and another quick swing... oops Jango lost his head. (JANGO DONT JUST STAND THERE USING ONE GUN YOU GOT A MILLION MORE)

Praise
    1. Finally we see why Yoda is the master.
    2. Death Star plans, put those books to shame.
    3. I could go on and on, so I'll just say
    MUCH better than PM, I applaude you Lucas.

11. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I almost pooped myself when I saw the death star.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Krash, I'm glad you brought your personal experience into the experience of the movie, cause I did as well. While you went to Lake Como, my life has actually paralleled Anakin's in AOTC.

Well, we're both 6 feet plus, blond haired, blue eyed boys. Anakin was 19 when he lost his mother, as did I last year, when the huge controversy with Rael wanting to start human cloning arose (just like the one the Loyalist Committee was trying to stop!). My mom was hanging on to see those she loved when she died, so I totally bought Shmi waiting for Anakin to come back. And I am a Knight (Of Columbus). I would say that I was very goody two shoes when I was 9 and became a lot darker by the time I was 19. So watch out the next time you see me, I'm heading for the Dark Side...

But besides all of this, the movie would have kicked mad a$$ anyway!

13. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    My life mirrors...
    chewbaca...I became hairy around age 12.

R2-D2-No one really understands what I'm saying.

C3PO-No one wants to hear me.

Luke-well...ok..I don't whine THAT much...

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    The only things that I was dissappointed about was the fact that there was too many scenes that were too quick, Frank Oz(zy Osbourn)seems like he's forgotten how to do the yoda voice, and the diolage was too choppy. Did anyone else think that was too violent to be a PG movie?

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

And also..I was soooo waiting for Jango's head to fall out of his helmate when Boba picked it up.

Also...I was waiting for Mace to yell "There Can Be Only One" after he slices Jango's head off... Highlander rules!
    s

p

o

i

l

e

r

end.

15. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ya know what, screw the spoiler warnings from now on.

16. NICK_FET

NICK_FET Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    did any one else notice when anakin is going to ride off on the speeder to kill the tusken radiers his robes flowed like darth vaders and the profile of darth when he was saying good bye padma. anyone else see that?

17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Anikin's costume was purpossly designed to give him the profile of vader.

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, my bro commented that Anakin's Padawan ponytail added to his profile looked like the Vader helmet. And his robes were intentionally created to make the same look as Vader's cape.

19. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    A lot of people claim you can the shadow of Jango's head flying out of his helmet after Mace chops it of. Next time I see the movie I'll ask if they can rewind that scene and play it in slow motion. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.