main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This is the official thread for discussing anything about the DVD for AOTC.

2. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Well the release date is November 26th according to the latest information.

I would expect it before Christmas for sure.

3. Obi-Wan_Vader

Obi-Wan_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Why do they have to do this to me??

I am not a wealthy person.

DVD Toons from the TFn front page says that as of now, the release date is Nov. 26th to DVD. That in itself is not a problem.

The problem lies in the fact that the Lord of the Rings Extended Cut is due out Nov. 27th!!!!! 45 min. to an hour of additional, re-incorporated footage in that!!

And I'm sure Lucas will do something similar with re-incorporation of scenes.

Now I'd like to say I'll save $$ so that I can buy both at the same time, but I know how I am with money!!

So what to do?? Wait on the Star Wars, or wait on the LOTR??

Any thoughts??

4. Tyrannus4life

Tyrannus4life Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    What are the 3 full new scenes?

5. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I really hope they incorporate all the deleted scenes in it...
    somewhat like they did with TPM... even though that one didnt have all of em in the actual movie...

6. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Star Wars of course.
    Screw LOTR :p

But I hope they actually insert the deleted scenes into the movie. It is so much better that way.

7. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    I can't wait to see the deleted scenes and how the CGI animators did Yoda's Movement. :)

8. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Can't wait to crank this puppy up on my surround sound THX-enhanced home theater system! Will shake the neighborhood with those seismic charges going off!

9. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Id saying the meeting of Padme's family will be one of those scenes...

10. Obi-Wan_Vader

Obi-Wan_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    I hope they INCORPORATE the scenes, not just offer them on Disc 2.

There were a few scenes in the TPM DVD that should have just been incorporated.

ESPECIALLY the Greedo/Anakin fight. That out of all of them most certainly should have been re-incorporated.

11. User_Name

User_Name Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I am most looking forward to the Ep. 3 opening day. I will watch Eps. 1 and 2, go see 3, come home and watch 4-6. It shall be a day long remembered.

12. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    Last I had heard the release date was 21st October, my birthday.

And who in the UK will be buying the cut Region 2 version? Not me :D

I'll be getting uncut R1 or R4 :cool:

13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

The BBFC is so poor at reviewing DVD's, and with the slapdash approach of the use of which Prints get utilised for DVD's, I bet there is a good chance that we "accidentally" get the uncut version.

mark my words..!

14. ozzman

ozzman Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    The Region 2 version will probably be uncut and pushed up to a 12 Certificate like TPM was. (i think?)

15. bibfortuitous

Oct 7, 2000
    TPM was pushed up to PG from a U on DVD and that was because of the extras on the second disc, not the main feature.

I don't see Lucas allowing a SW movie to be released with a 12.

And the BBFC are slapdash but someone would notice and they'd probably make Fox recall the discs.

We can hope though ;)

16. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    As long as they are recalled AFTER we have got them.... :D

UKS

17. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    the AOTC DVD released on November 26, is that just the theatrical version or the "extended" (deleted scenes are reinserted) version? i can't remember where i heard it, but i thought the AOTC DVD released for this year is just the theatrical version and doesn't include the deleted scenes yet, the 'complete" AOTC DVD was scheduled to come out early next year. have they changed their plans now?

Obi-Wan_Vader, my that's a problem isn't it? if the "complete" AOTC version does come out on November 26 then i'd be forced to buy both AOTC and FOTR, which means i have to start budgetting for that now. but if the November AOTC is just the theatrical version, i'd probably just go purchase the VHS and wait for the complete DVD version to come out when they release it.

18. bibfortuitous

Oct 7, 2000
    Thats what I meant ;)

Those of us who buy it the day it comes out would be the lucky ones.

Fingers crossed...

19. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    The problem lies in the fact that the Lord of the Rings Extended Cut is due out Nov. 27th!!!!! 45 min. to an hour of additional, re-incorporated footage in that!!

No way!! [face_shocked] I am soo excited!!

I'm confident that they will put the completed Yoda vs Dooky sequence including Dooku fighting with 2 sabres in teh DVD...and Padme completing 3po's coverings...

20. bibfortuitous

Oct 7, 2000
    Darth Scully - I think you're mixing up the AOTC DVD with LOTR which is being released in the theatrical edition in August and an extended edition in November.

I haven't heard of any 2nd DVD release for AOTC.

21. ozzman

ozzman Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2002
    Bib - Yep you're quite right...wishful thinking I guess !

22. MeAndMyVW

MeAndMyVW Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    if you live in NYC or near it you can get the pirated DVD right now. Although that really upsets me that people would take money out of a great mans pocket. I.E. George Lucas

23. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    thanks Bib, but i rally hate to buy an AOTC DVD just to realze its the same butchered version i saw in the theater-- i assign VHS tapes for that. call me a tightwad (i'd rather be called prudent ;)), but i really don't like owning two DVD titles where one of them is useless in the long run. besides, like most people in the world, i'm not made of money, so i gotta be mindful of my expenses :).

24. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I can't wait to get the AOTC DVD and play it with my surround sound. I guess we will have to buy the DVD again once the Definitive versions of the Saga comes out but oh well I can afford it again and again. I don't mind.

25. THE_XERX

THE_XERX Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Here's the scoop, as far as I know...

LOTR: FOTR will be released in its original theatrical version, with extras, on 2 DVDs in early August (the 6th). Then Peter JAckson will be releasing an extended version with about 30 minutes of additional footage on 12 November, in a four-disc version (and a 5-disc special collector's addition, R1). As far as I know, all regions will be similar in these releases...

As for ATOC, there has been little official word as to the specifics of the release. The date I have heard from my sources is also 26 November, and I tend to trust these guys. But they have stressed that this is tentative, depending on the production time and marketing. As for what will be on ATOC, my guess is that, given the relatively short turn-around (only six months), we should not expect too much. There may be additional cut scenes, but reincoporating these would take Lucas a lot of time and effort, both of which he has focused on EpIII right now. Rick M. has hinted that he's trying to get Lucas to record an audio commentary track for the film, but there is no word as to whether this will happen.

As for your purchasing power, my guess is that LOTR: FOTR (Extended Collector's Ed) will run at least 40 US dollars, if not more. ATOC will probably be half that. Unless you're a die-hard Tolkein afficinado, I'd buy the thatrical release version in August, save your money for two months, and buy ATOC in November. As for me, I'm waiting on ATOC. You know Lucas will be revisiting this film on DVD again, either as a special release next year or a 'special edition' treatment after EpIII comes out. But that's just my opinion.

Cheers,
    XERX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.