main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    [image=http://www.dvdinfo.be/images/pers/670.jpg]

:)

2. MasterJediCharles

MasterJediCharles Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2002
    I am a "Lucas Homie" in Modesto, California and I wondered if anyone has seen any early DVD action in my area?! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Anyone have the blooper real link?

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    "Lost thousands of Jedi, Master Yoda has. How embarrassing, how embarrassing."-- Palpatine, Eps. III

That's the best thing ever, DARTH_CHINA.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    K3PO, the blooper reel is at NataliePortman.com

Also, I saw the AOTC DVD box at Game today (a shop in the UK) and its similar to the pic shown a few posts above but it has Yoda on the back aswell.

6. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thx buddy

7. BoboliFett

BoboliFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    I am sorry to be a pain in the keister... but I was wondering if the resolution for AOTC will be anything unusual like 2000 by 1000. Isnt that the resolution 24p is at?

Sorry, I am sure this has been asked before but there are 126 pages to this thread and I might shoot myself before I got through them all

8. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    2. LOTR will outsell AOTC and the media will have a field day with the story.

I don't think this will happen. The media will completely ignore that AOTC has sold the most DVDs, of course, but most casual fans already have the LOTR DVD and don't plan on spending all the extra money on the new DVD, so that only appeals to the die hard fans.

LOTR: SE will sell a lot, but AOTC will sell the most, I don't know if I'd say AOTC will set any DVD records, but for this year it'll take the title.

9. Sith_Lord_Yoda

Sith_Lord_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    Does anyone know when Toys R Us opens on Tuesday? I want to get there right when it opens so I can get the DVD cheap.

10. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    9:30 Sith Lord

11. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I got my DVD today (live in Scotland). It came all the way from Australia (R2 version is cut, but there is always handy PAL R4) and I thought it would come at least next Wednesday. All I can say is...

No words can describe the top quality of this release. The picture really is perfect and your sub woofer is going to have a hell of a time because the 5.1 sound is totally mind shattering. This is the best DVD in my collection. Although the Puppet To Pixels Doc isn't as good as the Begining Doc on TPM. But who cares, its still really good.

For you guys that are buying it in the shops on Monday/Tuesday its well worth the wait.

12. Darth_Terrell

Darth_Terrell Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    "LOTR will outsell AOTC and the media will have a field day with the story."

There isn't a chance in the world that FOTR:EE or the Gift set will sell more than AOTC.

13. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Is there any AOTC:TIE promotion included with the DVD? You know, like a small advertisement or coupon or something.

14. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    entfirst, do they talk to the actors much, or at all even, in the Puppets to Pixels documentary?

15. entfirst

Apr 21, 2002
    No, they don't talk to the actors very much. Christopher Lee says a couple of things (one of them about a certain befanged Yoda puppet). Its a really good Doc, just not as good as the Begining. Yet again, this Doc on AOTC only concentrates on the CGI stuff, so its WELL WORTH watching.

16. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Thanks, entfirst. I was hoping for more behind-the-scenes stuff witht he actors, but it's all good.

17. entfirst

Apr 21, 2002
    There is plenty of behind the scenes stuff on the other Docs/featurettes. There is some overlapping of course, but not much. It seems everyone had a blast while filming this.

18. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
  19. thenewhope

thenewhope Jedi Master

Jan 24, 2002
    Is it just me or does the Millenium Falcon not appear on R1 AOTC DVD? I got the fullscreen version and i can't c it when they r flying into Naboo.

20. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I bought the best cables in the galaxy MONSTER CABLES!

You got suckered. Don't buy monster cables, they are a waste of money.

21. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    That's because you got duped into buying the "fullscreen" version. The Falcon is there, it's just a few inches beyond the edge of your screen ;)

22. entfirst

Apr 21, 2002
    If you buy the fullscreen DVD, you might as well just get the VHS version. Widescreen is the only way for Star Wars. You miss too much picture going fullscreen.

23. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    If you bought the fullscreen version, please take a look at this:

Widescreen

Still glad you bought fullscreen?

24. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Just 2 1/2 days man I can hardly wait.

25. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    I bought my DVD six days early from a store in northeast Philly that was just happy to get business. I have been too busy to come to these boards. I've watched the movie three times and every special feature. I think I'm becoming obsessed because I can't turn it off. To those of you who haven't seen the DVD yet, YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.