***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthV8der Jedi Padawan

Hey I live in the Westchester, NY area does any one know any places selling early?
  2. AAMD11 Jedi Master

star 4
    Geez I havent seen so many E2 DVD commercials. Today they have shown about 6 commercials od E2 DVD, which is actually more times than I have seen it in the past month, this is beggining to take its toll on me, I cant wait much longer.
  3. SWfan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've only seen the "Yoda Da Man" commercial, but at leat I've seen it 3x. Could it be that Lucasfilm is actually advertising?!!?

Anyway, the commercial makes it seem like SW Episode II is titled "Yoda Da Man". Other than that it's a neat commercial.
  4. ThePostman Jedi Master

star 4
    Woohoo Toys R Us is gonna have Attack of the Clones on DVD for $9.99

"Thats CrAAzy"... Brian Fellows
  5. SWfan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Tom_Brady Jedi Youngling

star 1
  7. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just saw a new DVD commercial...

It quotes reviews saying the DVD is the "best picture ever seen" type stuff.

Ive seen 4 different commercials for the DVD. I've seen them more than the commercials for the movie.
  8. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes I've seen that one.....
  9. filmbuff1017 Jedi Knight

Concerning the $9.99 DVD at Toys R Us, I would go to your local TRU and ask someone. I went to mine and found out that if you pre-order the DVD for $5 when you go to pick it up on Tuesday you only have to pay the left over balance which is $9.99. So your $5 deposit plus the $9.99 balance adds up to a total price of....$14.99. That is still a good price for any DVD but I hate TRU and will buy it at Best Buy even if it is $19.99. Bottom line, visit or call your local Toys R Us before showing up Tuesday morning with only $10. You might be $5 short. I live in Orlando so chance are it is the same price for all Orlando TRU.
  10. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just saw it during the Oklahoma/Texas A&M game.
  11. Dagobah_Dude Force Ghost

star 3
    Death-Vader, I live near Northeast Philly. What store is selling it early? If you don't want to say on the boards send me a PM.
  12. kctigers23 Jedi Knight

I called my local Toys R Us (The Woodlands Tx) and they said the will have it for 9.99.

and its about time my aggies did something right

OU will be in the championship game, bc OSU will lose to Michigan.
  13. darkjedi Force Ghost

star 2
    Quote: "I just saw it during the Oklahoma/Texas A&M game."

I caught that too. If you're an A&M fan, congrats, you knocked us out of the championship game. :(

I went to one of the Toys R Us stores here in Tulsa and asked about the $9.99 price. They will have it for that. I asked what the price would be if I reserved it and all I got was a deer caught in headlights look. They didn't think this out I'm guessing.
  14. Thundercracker Jedi Master

star 4
    The $9.99 price tag is advertised in the TRU Sunday ad, so that really should put all doubts to rest.
  15. Zam86 Jedi Knight

hey guys, about the 9.99 dvd @ TRU, i would just wait for the ad to come out tommorow, and just look through that, instead of going through all this trouble to call up, the store, and asking everybody. if it was really 9.99, it would be in the ad. :)

patience, patience, patience.

EDIT- Thundercraker.... i didnt see your post. :)
  16. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://www.dvdinfo.be/images/pers/670.jpg]

The American release looks a bit different on the back than this image posted on the last page. There's a pic of Yoda with his lightsaber about mid-level right. And the text is higher. The mid-portion of the back image, with the clones fighting, is exposed so that you can clearly see all of the action.
  17. niennumb1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry, but...

WE ALL KNOW ABOUT TOYS R' US AND THEIR $9.99 SALE!!! DROP IT!!! The ads have shown up on the nationwide advertising papers showing the sale! PLEASE THIS IS OLD NEWS!!!!
  18. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
    My Toys R Us has it at $19.99. [face_plain]
  19. AAMD11 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya know, I wouldnt of reserved it at Suncoast if I had seen these prices before, but in Suncoast its 19.99 not bad, but 14.99 is a lil better but what the hell, its only 5 more bucks. Thus I get a poster and a keychain, lol.
  20. tDR Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah the mechanical hand is in there.

not long to go, im going to work a bit late, and i just started last week as well =/
    oh well its star wars day
  21. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a question to anyone who owns the dvd, on the second disc is there another thing like the second disc of TPM where it played "duel of the fates" with scenes from the movie in the big STAR WARS?
  22. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There's a pic of Yoda with his lightsaber

*rolls eyes*
  23. Ajax Jedi Padawan

I've only seen the first disc of the DVD set, but they do have scenes from the movie filling the Star Wars letters, which then leads to one of three menu themes of either Geonosis, Kamino, or Coruscant.
  24. sdp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can't wait till tuesday,
    I hope i get no homework,
    or else i won't do it :/
  25. Zam86 Jedi Knight

In case anybody cared, at Amazon.com, AOTC is #2 top seller, LOTR, FOTR EE, is at # 1, and spiderman has dropped down to #4. #3 is Band of Brothers. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.