main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhAnToM_KillAh

PhAnToM_KillAh Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2001
    even if your screen is small... i think you should buy the Widescreen version :p

but.. thats my point of view ;)

2. Stemmi

Stemmi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    i just bought myself a copy today at a flea market! its sunday! ive watched it twice so far and im not gonna stop there! bless the dirt mall! bless the dirt merchants!

3. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    well in my opinion 20" aint that small in fact its good enough for me. But anyone else have any input and help me out in my descicion. DESCICION 2002 oh yeah ;)

4. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    With TRU's price being so low ($9.99), one could certainly afford both. Most DVDs are $20 anyway.

5. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    AAMD11, I feel that you should go with WS. I have a 19" like I've said before, and it just doesn't feel natural anymore watching movies on fullscreen. I always buy WS. Sure you have the black lines and the screen is small, but regardless, the quality is better and it is still the way GL intended the movie to be, not the FS version.

DOWN WITH FULLSCREEN!!! :p

IAMS

6. AAMD11

Jun 13, 2002
    excellent anyone else with input?

7. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    If you get the Fullscreen then you be doing a disservice to yourself and GL. which is not watching the WHOLE movie like he intended you to do. :)

WIDSCREEN ALL THE WAY! no matter how big your tv is.

By the way all day to day there has been at least 5 aotc dvd commerical per hour. i've been a couch potato today(football) and i've seen so many aotc commercial it's getting a little bit annoying. but in a good way. :)

8. SWfan2002

Jan 28, 2002
    Which commercials have you seen most-- Yoda Da Man or the other one?

9. AAMD11

Jun 13, 2002
    thats 3 for WS, excellent, but do I sacrifice picture quality?

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    OK, I have a semi-stupid question. Will Wal-Mart or KMart honor the Toys R Us advertised price for the DVD? I'm sure if they do, I'd need to bring the ad in with me...any help would be hot! ;)

11. Yoda_GroundRunner

Yoda_GroundRunner Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2001
    Both K-Mart and Wal-Mart are selling AOTC WS/FS for $14.78. I called Wal-Mart yesterday after someone here said they were selling it for $7.99.

I was told that it was $14.78. I then told them about TRU's price and she told me that they (WM) guarantee to be cheapest in town.

Confused? I am. [face_plain]

12. smauldookie

Mar 5, 2002
    "thats 3 for WS, excellent, but do I sacrifice picture quality?"

Hell yes! if you wanne see the whole movie and not get screwed.

royalguard96
    just buy your local Sunday newspaper and you'll find the ad there. i guarentee it. :D

the aotc dvd commerical talking about how perfect transfer it is was the one i saw the most. then there was one about how all the dvd reviewers on the internet gave aotc their best ratings and saying how perfect it is. i didn't see too much of the Yo Da Man one.

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Well the Sunday paper at my parents house (was there for the weekend) didn't have the ad :(

14. AAMD11

Jun 13, 2002
    so in other words screw FS and get the WS!!

15. Yoda_GroundRunner

Yoda_GroundRunner Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2001
    Circuit City has it on sell for $14.78 as well.

WIDESCREEN IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

16. smauldookie

Mar 5, 2002
    royalguard96 get your butt out there and go threw all the newspaper untill you find one. :)

in my town there's two newspaper company and both had the ads. try again if you wanne save $$$$$.

AND yes SCREW FULLSCREEN to hell. Down with FS. May it burn in video hell. :p

17. Bogden

Bogden Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    guys if you buy it at BEST BUY in the morning you get a free calendar. Only 300 available so get them while supply's last. A 10.00 value. Best Buy is the best way to go if you get there early on tuesday morning. Free calendar. TRU sucks compared to the deal that BEST BUY is giving us.

18. Aragorn_the_Elfstone

Aragorn_the_Elfstone Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    It really is unfair to say that. If I had a 20 inch, I'd probably go for FS. Sure it's not GL's original vision, but I doubt he'd want you to view it on a teeny tiny picture. I have a 60 inch projection tv, so that's never an issue for me, but I'd go FS if I had a small tv.

Make no mistake, though; I prefer Widescreen.

19. SWfan2002

Jan 28, 2002
    I agree. I'm getting my copy of AOTC at Best Buy. The free calender is worth $10.99!

20. Bogden

Bogden Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    While all of you guys get yor 9.99 copy. Ill be at BEST BUY buying 31 dollars worth of merchandise for 15.00 dollars. Suckers

21. smauldookie

Mar 5, 2002
    how much is the dvd at Best Buy?????

i have a 25 inch tv and iam getting the WS DVD. :D i like the whole feel of widscreen. to me it takes me back to the theater i first saw it. Fullsceen makes me feel like iam stuck in a room to small and wanting to bust out. :)

22. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I saw the YoDa Man commercial several times on Fox tonight, but I didn't see the other one at all. And I only saw one Spider-Man DVD commercial.

23. Tusken Slayer

Tusken Slayer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 7, 1999
    You are screwing yourself in the long run if you get fullscreen. In the future almost everyone will have a widescreen TV. All tv shows are gradually being converted to digital+widescreen, and having a widescreen tv is becoming more common these days. Shows like Jay Leno, Alias, and Smallville are already being shown in widescreen and digital if you have a high definition reciever and a good antenna.

If your tv is only 20", its not that big of a deal. I use to watch widescreen dvds all the time on my 22 inch tv, and it never bothered me.

24. nandosb

nandosb Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2002
    I also have a 20" TV and definately going to buy the Widescreen..
    Whats the big deal about having it a little bigger if u are cutting 40% of the movie (fullscreen is 60% of the actual screen! huh paradoxal this is..)

Btw you can use the "screen-fit" function of your dvd player if u get really tired of the bars, but I think you will come back quickly to the original format (as I always do)

25. brian1138

brian1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2002
    know where i can find deleted scenes pics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.