main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NejaaHalcyon

NejaaHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2000
    oh, it is. in fact, in most of the deleted scenes, the acting's pretty shoddy.
    no reincorporation. just watched it through again.
    been hunting for easter eggs and found one in Dax's kitchen.

2. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    [color=336699]Good...at least it wasnt Nat-Nat's fault, cause she has been taking a lot of the blame for the flat dialogue of the movie (of course I think thats Lucas's fault)

Say...I am starting to get anxious for this movies release! How many more hours for us on the west coast of the US?!
    :D

~ICeBReaKeR[/color]
    He has never been cooler...

3. Ekwinix-

Ekwinix- Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    CAMPO ITS PANA!!!!!!!!

Man how good is it? We get the DVD a full day before the yanks :) :)

What easter egg in dax kitchen?

4. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey, AOTC DVD has 6 hours of special features correct? And so does LOTR: EE correct? Now if AOTC can have it on one disc why does LOTR have to have it on two discs. Is it a quality factor? Does a 4 disc set sound more appealing than a 3 disc set? or do they want to maintain consistency with the movie being on 2 discs? Any ideas?

5. Ekwinix-

Ekwinix- Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Sau-Den actually LOTR:SE 4 DVD SET has 12 hours of extra footage if i remmeber my facts from www.theonering.net

I'v watched most features on the dvd but cant find 6 hours of "extra" footage. They *must* include the audio comentary by lucas and co.

6. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks for the confirmation, guys.

I thought we didn't get AOTC 'till the 13th here in Australia, Ekwinix-?

7. Ekwinix-

Ekwinix- Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    lightsaberwielder, I live in Sydney.

I went to Grace Brothers and Miranda Fair and talked to the dude there.
    They were wrapping them up as i was talking to him and he told me I could buy the copy now.

Maybe it depends on location?

8. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    [off topic] LOTR has:

6 hour documentary
    4 commentaries-13 hours

That is 19 hours
    Including the film, you get about 22 hours worth of footage!

Plus more still photos and design drawings than you know what to do with. [/off topic]

If Lucas wants to wow us in 2006, he will have to due 6 of those!

*drools at the thought*

9. darth_peepy

darth_peepy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    anyone know if aotc is 9.99$ in canada also?
    if not ill just drive across the border but itd be better get it closer to where i live
    any help will be appreciated

10. darthreal

darthreal Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2002
    Just saw the LOTR SE DVD & it sucks!

11. Tukafo

Tukafo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    the most interesting aspect of the DVD for me was Ben Burtt's revelation about whether Dooku is good or bad.

As for length of Special Features: The total length of all documentaries and featurettes is around 2.5 hours. They claim it's six hours but that obviosuly includes the commentary and the stills gallery. I read somewhere that distributors allow for an average viewing time of 30 seconds per still and therefore achieve those claims of "over x hours of extra content". On the Planet of the Apes DVD it says "over 13 hours of extra content" but that's due to two commentaries and zillions of stills.

I also got the LOTR EE and it has 2.5 hours of documentary footage on disc 3 and 3.5 hours on disc 4. If you add the stills gallery (which is insanely huge) and the commentaries you'd probably get 30 hours of extra content

12. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Its the rule in Home Theater that you should have at least a 25'-27' TV for widescreen, but hey its your TV and if WS looks good on a 20 then go for it. I have a 19' Panasonic in the Star Wars Toy Room and I am probably gonna get a copy of FS for that room and get Widescreen for my other 2 32' TV's (one in the bedroom and one in the Home Theater). Its only 14.5 hours! YES!

<<"Man APEX DVD players suck ass! Is anyone else in here stuck with one, soon ill get my Sony DVD player.">>

If your getting a new DVD player, get a Panasonic. I have 2 5-Disc Panasonic's and their amazing, never had a single problem, whereas I had a Sony for about 3 days and seriously messed up. Oh and Ive got a nice little Apex DVD player in the SW Toy Room, cost me $50 and plays everything. I take it you have an older model.

<<"Hey, AOTC DVD has 6 hours of special features correct? And so does LOTR: EE correct? Now if AOTC can have it on one disc why does LOTR have to have it on two discs. Is it a quality factor? Does a 4 disc set sound more appealing than a 3 disc set? or do they want to maintain consistency with the movie being on 2 discs? Any ideas?">>

All together the LOTR EE has 30 hours.

<<"Just saw the LOTR SE DVD & it sucks!">>

Oh yeah, its only the best DVD ever created.

13. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    If you think Natalie Portman's acting in the film was bad, just wait until you see the deleted scenes. It's terrible! After watching the deleted scenes, I think most of them were got rid of for an extremely good reason indeed. But the rest of the DVD is good!

14. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    But Ian McDiarmid's acting in the deleted scene was superb as usual! [face_love]

15. Tukafo

Tukafo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    the scene with Padme's parents is abysmal. Not only is Natalie bad but the actress playing her mother is disastrous. But the worst is the end of the scene where the women talk about Anakin while WASHING THE DISHES . This is so much like bad teenie films

16. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.