main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herder-of-nerfs

herder-of-nerfs Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    In response to BucMan55's complaint of the sound level being too low on a DVD, there's a very good reason for this. The sound range of DVD is MUCH more dynamic than VHS or television broadcast. In order to accomodate this range, the *average* sound level has to be lower. So if you want regular voice levels to be louder, then you're asking for a compromise in the range of sound.

Son_of_the_tear said that the Extended DVD Version of The Fellowship of the Ring will have an 'R' rating due to extended violence. From what I've heard, this is not true. The added battle scenes will not be used to increase violence or gore, but simply to enhance the story where it was lacking before. Peter Jackson has stated that this film will always be 'PG-13'.

And as for all the people who said that they want virtually all deleted scenes restored to Attack of the Clones (because more is better), I believe that it will never happen. Scenes are deleted for a reason. For instance, some scenes slow down the pacing of the movie, or distract the audience from what's important in the context of the story. Lucas will not add scenes just for the heck of it. (For more on this, see the Deleted Scenes documentary on the DVD of The Phantom Menace.)

2. Ssorrol

Ssorrol Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2002
    i dont understand...
    dont they have the technology so that we can pick a choose which ones are actually incorporated into the film? using an easy check system it could configure the film the way the veiwer wants it, where the original could always be restored by pressing a default settings button.
    any thoughts on this idea...?

3. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I like that Idea. It will not happen. but I like it. :)

4. Cantina-Busboy

Cantina-Busboy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 1999
    Not that it matters horribly...

I hope the AOTC DVD cover is black like the TPM one.

There are rumours that it will be a white cover, to match the alternating B/W style of the latest VHS of the OT.

I think Zebra-ing of the DVD covers would look silly.

AOTC is a much darker movie than TPM - though EP III will be even darker.

5. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Nah, LOTR will have an "R" rating for the extended special edition according to the latest report from Jackson.

It's not that much though. According to Jackon it is just a matter of a few extra seconds in the opening battle and then extra seconds scattered throughout the film. But in editing, seconds mean everything, so they were just shots of extra violence.

Now, while it is true people delte scenes for a reason, there were scenes which he had to edit for time purpose, not content.

And well, according to Rick, he said that for the DVD, they were working on providing the longer version. This was in one of the last "Empire Magazine" interviews.

So I have hopes. Not asking for too much restored. Just one or two scenes. Actually, I just want 2 scenes restored.

- conference/trial

- Dooku backstory at Jedi Library

6. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Not asking for too much restored. Just one or two scenes. Actually, I just want 2 scenes restored.

- conference/trial

- Dooku backstory at Jedi Library

That's what I want too and the extended fight sequences of course. :)

7. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    User Name:

Chances are we wont see a music only track for AOTC. Williams declined doing one for TPM because his music was so chopped up and I don't imagine his reaction would be any different were GL to ask him to do one for the AOTC DVD.

The good news, however, is that Williams seemed interested at the prospect of rescoring for the DVD. Please don't ask me to cite where I read that cause I've already forgotten.

And more good news, there will be a music only track for the E.T. DVD.

8. User_Name

User_Name Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    there will be a music only track for the E.T. DVD.

That IS good news! I really like these music only tracks w/ commentary. Hopefully JW WILL do one for at least one Star Wars film. I mean, he has stated that the series is one of his favorite works.

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I wonder if they'll end up putting R2-D2: Beneath the Dome on the DVD. I just was thinking about that because I watched part of it today (I just got a cable modem, so such things are now possible :D )

10. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    There's gonna be alot of commercials if they put them all on there. No complaints here though. :) I'd like to see the Padme/Dooku talk and the trial before the arena. Also some more of the love scenes on Naboo. Oh, I hope they have the bloopers again too.

11. Feng

Feng Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Consider two scenarioes:
    1) Both LOTR and ATOC DVDs come out in November. Assume they cost $25 each. You buy them both. You spend $50 total.
    2) LOTR DVD comes out in July, you buy it for $25. ATOC DVD comes out in December, you buy it for $25. You spend a total of $50.

I don't really see any difference here. You spend a total of $50 in either case.

12. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    I just hope the AOTC DVD includes every scene that would have worked in the movie and was removed to bring the movie in under 150 minutes.

I don't want scenes added into the movie that don't help it flow.

RB

13. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Like Padme giving threepio covering. I want it to be like the book.

14. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Do we actually know what scenes they did INDEED shoot but didn't use , and the ones they didn't. :)

15. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah. There is a deleted scene page on the TFN hompage. There sure is a lot of em.

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Wow...what if ALL the cut scenes were incorped back into the DVD version?

Uhm, greatest SW ever? I think it would be. Well, AOTC is my favorite anyway, so this would definetly make it stand out from the crowd.

It would also be nice if Lucas put track #12 back into the Arena sequence in full glory without cutting it up. When I saw the movie again yesterday, I hummed out the music that was cut out as the monsters are walking out...and it is SO GOOD. OMG, it was great, just me humming it. Lucas was follish to cut it; it really helped the scene out IMO.

17. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Wait, there was originally a Palpatine conference room scene in AOTC, am I right?

18. Juantanbomb

Juantanbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Does anyone know a site for the AOTC DVD?

Also, When is the OT coming to DVD. THx

JT

19. SNLStar17

SNLStar17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Does anyone know is anything is put into the movie for sure on the DVD?

Also, they said the new OT DVD won't come out until 2005 after or during the realease of Episode III. It will have new scenes in them to make all six movies go together.

20. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
  21. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    bibfortuitous said:

"And who in the UK will be buying the cut Region 2 version? Not me

I'll be getting uncut R1 or R4"

I'm probably way behind here but I wasn't aware that there had been cuts to the UK version of AOTC. What sort of stuff was cut?

If this has been discussed elsewhere could someone point me to the thread?

22. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    They will re-release the OT in theatres before the DVD's come out I think with the new stuff....that version will be the DVD methinks.

23. Jedrek

Jedrek Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    Well, each SW DVD is to have the same pattern, if I understand it correctly. So I think these will be the features:

-Commentary by Lucas, FX team, McCallum
    -7 Deleted Scenes (I'm betting on: the Family Scenes, the Geonosis trial, an extra homestead scene, extended Jango vs. Mace, extended Hangar duel)
    -A 1-hour doc similar to 'The Beginning'
    -All the trailers and TV Spots
    -The music video
    -All the wen docs (both Makin of Episode II and On Location
    -Making of Jedi Starfighter
    -Anamatics
    -Posters
    -DVD-Rom features

24. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    Incorporating all the deleted scenes back into the DVD is a horrible idea. Some of them are sorely missed like the Dooku stuff and the Tusken slaughter but most of the others grind the narrative to a thudding halt.

Most of them were cut for good reason. While they maybe interesting, there is a trade off for pacing. For those that complain LOTR is too long and too slow...well thats what AOTC would be if all the deleted scenes were put back in.

25. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    MadMardigan I agree,

I found LOTR long and boring and thus hated it. I am happy AOTC was what it was...the only thing I would like fixed the most is the music....otherwise the rest can stay as deleted scenes to be watched. If they are going to put anything in its going to be the trial and probably some homestead stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.