Evan, IN Official AOTC DVD/VHS discussion thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Darth Maul 1277, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Master

star 1
    Welcome one and all. This is the place to discuss the new DVD and VHS releases of AOTC. Please post reviews thoughts etc. here :)

I was able to find a couple easter eggs while messing around with my dvd tonight. Insert the first disc and go to the special featurs menu highlight the THX logo then press 10+1+3+8 and you will get some funny bloopers with Jango dancing ala singing in the rain and hayden falling down alot.

Also if you insert the second disc highlight Dex's Kitchen and press enter then on the menu that comes up next click on to Dex's kitchen there is a poster on the wall behind Dex click that and you can see Star Wars Want Ads the College campaign which are adds that college students made to promote different AOTC related web sites. Check 'em out!

Also I guess that the Star Wars Connections short is only available on the vhs. What does everyone think about this??? I for one think that it all should have been on the DVD too but I can see how Lucas wants to make as much $$$ as posible and all of us SW nuts will go out and get the VHS I know I will be getting it this weekend.
  2. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have only watched a few parts thus far but the more I watch the DVD, the more I like it. I like the layout of the menu screens much better than Episode I. I'll have my full review up in a few days.
  3. Asrafel Jedi Padawan

I loved the bit about Jango hitting his head entering Slave I on the commentary. I'm also glad they added the sparks to his jetpack after being trampled in the arena, answered my primary question about how he could go out like such wuss. The commentary chatter around that scene is equally funny.

But a question:
    They point out where the x-wing and ties are supposed to be during the car chase... but I can see absolutely nothing. Am I just looking in the wrong spot or am I intended to be able to view that square inch of the TV at 1200dpi?
  4. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    The DVD is great. It is by far the best DVD I own. I liked the special features, but missed the "making of" documentary like on Episode I. Other than that, I love it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.