main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL AOTC Soundtrack CD Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    OK things are getting a bit cluttered in here. Let's try to keep all discussion about the CD, questions, comments, where to find it, how to get the screensaver working or other such discussion to this thread.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Good idea. But let's keep the spoiler music discussion in that thread, please.

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yer the boss! :)

4. erikak1970

erikak1970 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Question fo the people in the UK who have bought the CD--did it have the bonus song on it, and have you had any trouble with the copyright protection that is said to be on it....

I'm in the US, and was just curious, because I was browsing amazon.co.uk and saw this disclaimer:
    "This CD includes anti-copying technology that is intended to prevent unlawful copying of the CD with a PC. This may affect playability of the CD on certain computer devices such as PCs and gaming platforms"

yet it doesn't say this on the US site....

Anyone have any trouble with this?

5. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    That may be my problem...but I'm in the US. When I put the cd (from Wal-Mart) into my pc, NOTHING happens except it locks my computer up until I take it out. No music, no extras, nothing. But it plays in regular cd players just fine.

6. tirnaog01

tirnaog01 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Good morning,

I bought the CD yesterday and played it at work on my PCs CD player.
    And yes on track 13 it breaks up real bad about 1/2 to 2/3s into the track.

Nothing on the label says it is copy protected or that it won't play on PCs.

I have all the other Star Wars soundtracks and I am a hughe fan of JWs music but this sucks.

I am going to return the CD. At the very least they could have put a warning on the CD cover.

I am pissed.

Deasun

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    How can the music be spoiler material now that it's been officially released?

The content of the trailers were permitted to be freely discussed after their release, so why not the music?

8. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    erikak1970, i thought i'd tell you that the soundtrack doesn't come out here in the UK until the 29th.

I hate that.

It's strange cos all the books are out apparently.

9. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I'd like to be able to comment on the CD, but I'm living in Sweden at the moment, and no one in any shop I've been to seems to know when it's being released here. Do any of you know?

10. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I bought a 2nd copy of the sound track at Target yesterday, It had a bonus track on it. What is the title of the bonus track?

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    "On the Conveyor Belt"

12. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    THANK YOU!!! Greatly appreciated!

13. StarmanTHX

StarmanTHX Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    If placing the CD in your computer is causing problems, it's probably due to the fact that it's the Wal*Mart PC Screensaver version, and has Autorun activated. To defeat this, press the left Shift key when you load the CD. That will prevent Windows from doing anything except mounting the CD. After the CD is mounted, release the Shift key, and fire up your CD player (Winamp, WMP, etc.).

If you still have problems after doing this, then it's another issue.

Mike

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    halibut this thread is here because we had like 9 threads about the various problems, questions and comments about the AOTC CD specifically. This thread is to consolidate those into one place.

As for discussing the music, the film is not yet out and many people do not want to know all about the music and what themes reappear until they see the film. We should respect them and keep the spoiler discussion to the Music Spoiler Discussion thread. After all, I am sure there is already a great discussion in there.

15. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I have a question about track 2- is a harp or a harpsichord used at the very end?

Thanks!

16. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    does anybody know if the exclusive cd at best buy has different cards in each cd. i got it today & it has obi-wan & anikin with theyre lightsabers. im just wondering cause if it does i'll buy another. thanks

17. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    all the cards are the same at best buy. Go buy another soundtrack at target to get the bonus track.

18. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    There are no stores that have the bonus track in Canada. I only have 13 tracks on my CD.

19. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    i already bought one at target; i got one at wal-mart too but the screensaver doesnt work

20. Fearless_Leader

Fearless_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    In Track 2, yes it is a HARP!

However, at the end of Track 13 (end credits) it actually is a harpsichord playing along with the harp (which gives it a nice "knight in shining armor/damsel in the distress" flavor).

However, one thing I LOVE about this album is when Duel of the Fates is reprised. John has added a piano to double the contra-bass. It sounds really cool, and I think it adds a real forboding that was missing from Duel of the Fates in TPM.

21. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    Thanks, that's what I thought, but my friend Jason said that it was a harpsichord. He had heard track 13 and thought that I was talking about that when I was really talking about track 12...

It got a little confusing. Thanks for your help!

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I flipped the first time I heard Across the Stars and heard the harp. I LOVED IT!! Then when I got the CD and listened to the End Titles and heard the harpsichord I flipped again! I think both instruments sound GREAT!

23. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    Are we allowed to discuss the soundtrack here... Or is it just questions about the CD itself?

I can't find anywhere to discuss the soundtrack spoiler free but don't want to create a thread incase it's closed down.

It's so disheartening when that happens.

:-(

24. Jaina02

Oct 8, 1999
    I'm sure you can discuss it here, why wouldn't you be able to?

25. Count_Saruman_1138

Count_Saruman_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I bought my AOTC CD at Toys R Us, a day after the midnight rush (sadly, TRU did not open its doors for the AOTC figures). I bought the Jango Fett cover, since the others were no where to be found. Strange, I thought Jango Fett was gonna be popular.

Anyways, as a whole, I think AOTC is the best overall Star Wars soundtrack since ESB. I just loved how there were so many recurring theme motifs and how rapid the music was.

Across the Stars is a beautiful theme, and it ranks in my top 5 Star Wars themes. Throughout the whole CD, I can actually imagine what is going on. It's an incredibly beautiful musical work by John Williams.

John Williams truly is a genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.