main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official April 2nd Report Thread: What Did You Get???

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Here's a list of MA TRU stores opening at midnight for the premiere of ROTS merchandise:

416 Southbridge St
    Auburn, MA 01501
    (508) 832-9598

105 Campanelli Industrial Drive
    Brockton, MA 02401
    (508) 584-8697

100 Providence Hwy
    Dedham, MA 02026
    (781) 329-4924

14 Allstate Road
    Dorchester, MA 02125
    (617) 445-5159

One Worcester Road
    Framingham, MA 01701
    (508) 370-4445

1070 Rt. 132, Festival Mall
    Hyannis, MA 02601
    (508) 778-5653

8 Gallen Road
    Kingston, MA 02364
    (781) 585-1200

630 Fellsway West
    Medford, MA 02155
    (781) 396-6885

1190 S. Washington St
    North Attleboro, MA 02760
    (508) 695-6195

492 State Rd.,Dartmouth Towne Ctr.
    North Dartmouth, MA 02747
    (508) 992-6240

Northshore S/C (Rts 128/114)
    Peabody, MA 01960
    (978) 532-0978

1686 Boston Rd
    Springfield, MA 01129
    (413) 543-6555

86 Swansea Mall Drive
    Swansea, MA 02777
    (508) 675-1200

366 Cambridge Street
    Woburn, MA 01801
    (781) 935-7654

A couple questions:

1) Since I'm not native to MA, can anyone tell me which of these stores is closest to Boston?

2) Is anyone interested in getting a group together at one of these stores for an event? It would be a great chance to promote our group if the management allowed us to have a table or whatnot. Some stores are doing contests and stuff, and it would be great if we could help out at all.

Please post ASAP! This is coming up very soon.

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Cool! I was going to call my local (Peabody) one today :) But I don't think I'll be able to hit it, since I'll be at a concert. But it probably gets out before/around midnight so who knows?

3. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    Dear CR,

You may want to double check by MAPQUEST to your addy .. but I think your closest would be :

14 Allstate Road
    Dorchester, MA 02125
    (617) 445-5159

Personally......
    I will be dressed as JEDI or IMPERIAL OFFICER in TIMES SQUARE FOR THE EVENT !!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehe

Justin Manning
    Rebel Legion Jedi
    501st ID-6872 Imperial Officer
    Future Jedi in TIMOTHY ZAHN book in NOV. this year !!!

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Rosie,
    My guess is that either the Dorchester location or the Medford one would be the closest to you. The closest location to me is the Framingham one, but I think I'll pass on this one. I skipped the last one and went out the morning after and had no problem getting what I wanted, even the initial "tough" ones like Dooku & Yoda. Besides, while TRU is charging $6.99 a piece for tehm, WalMart is only charging $5.48.

5. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I know last time some Wally Worlds did midnight openings as well. I know 24-hr stores exist, not sure where around here though.
    I just went last time for the experience. It was crazy :) Nothing like seeing all the new stuff with a bunch of other fans.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I know 24-hr stores exist, not sure where around here though.

There are only three Walmart's in New England that are open 24 hours. They're in:

1) Raynham, MA - 36 Paramount Drive

2) Salem, NH - 300-344 North Broadway

3) Epping, NH - 35 Fresh River Road

7. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    The closest Toys R Us that I know of, Roseanna, is at Alewife. You hop off the T, cross the street and walk a little ways and go down the giant hill of death, and you're there ;). I can show you the way if you want some company!

Edit: Oops, just looked up the address of the Alewife store and apparently they're not opening at midnight. So I'm back to the drawing board...

The toys go on sale April 2nd?

Kaylle

8. Kaylle

Feb 17, 2004
    Okay, having visited the Toys R Us site and the MBTA site, I think the closest and easiest one to get to (from MIT/Cambridge area) is the 14 Allstate Rd, Dorchester one. According to the MBTA, it's .16 miles from the Shawmut station on the Red Line. Getting home again after midnight might be an issue, though.

The other closest option is the 630 Fellsway Parkway store, but that's a little farther away from campus and involves transferring from Red Line to Orange Line to bus. Getting home from there would also be an issue.

Hope that helps a little!
    Kaylle

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh, I've been to Alewife many a time. And giant hill of death? That's about what my parents said about it when I dragged them down there once. However, I was walking with a cane, and I had no complaints. ;)

Yeah, getting home would definitely be an issue. The only options are a) friend with car or b) cab. That's why I'm trying to get a group of us together to go. But if no one else wants to...

To clarify, yes, the toys go on sale April 2nd, so the midnight madness part would be late Friday night/early Saturday morning. :)

10. Kaylle

Feb 17, 2004
    I hate that hill! Not only is it ridiculously steep to climb down, but then there's the 4 foot drop into the parking lot at the bottom! One time we went in winter and it was completely iced over. I thought I was going to die ;)

At any rate, I guess the Alewife store won't work, but I'd be up for going to one of the others with you.

Kaylle

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok guys! I want to hear all about your finds today! Did anyone do the midnight thing? I won't get a chance to go out until after 5pm today (it better stop raining by then...), so I have to live vicariously through all of you until I can get my hands on something ROTS. :)

12. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Headed out to the local Target this morning around 7:30 and by chance met up with Chris (DarthLucanas) waiting in line. I was able to grab a exclusive Vader (scored a second one later that morning :D ), regular Vader, Clone, Yoda, and Anakin. There really wasn't a great selection at this particular Target. Way too many Jedi and not enough Clones. BTW, Chris was kind enough to let me "piddyback" on his $1.00 off coupon. Thanks again Chris!

So we left Target and headed up the road to WalMart. They had a slightly better selection but a couple that beat us there completely cleared out the red & blue guards :mad: so I ended up just getting a Dooku along with the Vader Transformation LEGO kit and a glow-in-the-dark Emperor PEZ dispenser.

They was SOOOO much more I wanted to get, but with C3 only 3 weeks away, I'd rather spend the money there. Besides, most of these figures will be plenty easy to find as the spring and summer roll along.

13. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I got Peanut M&M's with Han Solo on the package ;) I don't need anything else! LMAO!

14. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Exclusive TRU tin box version of the DVD Trivial Pursuit game
    Unleashed Obi-Wan (ROTS)
    Yoda buddie
    Senate blue guard figure
    Aayla Secura figure
    Luminara Unduli figure
    Galactic Heroes
    Holographic Yoda
    General Grievous Force Battler (thanks Ed!)
    ROTS novel
    ROTS Visual Dictionary

15. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I was w/ Meriwyn in NYC for the release " trooping"
    I got the " PEZ " Yoda, and Vader... A clone trooper, and the hologram YODA.

THAT'S IT !!!!! ohh the next day I got to go to THE BIG APPLE CON and get 2 more signatures... hehehe
    2 less for CIII, and I got my pics next to them... ( sigh )

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I was in Target last night and saw the display of new stuff and found the Unleashed Grievous, Anakin, and Obi-Wan :eek:. I can't wait to get my hands on those for my collection.

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I got:
    Clone Trooper buddy
    Attacktix starter & booster
    Wal-Mart Glowie Emp Pez dispenser
    TRU 12" Gold Plated 3P0 Pez dispenser

and that's it so far. I'll prob pick up the Grievous Force Battler and the new games (when they start going on clearance.)
    I also saw the new Playskool Yoda & Anakin Jedi Force figs. Yoda is too cute, hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.