main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Official April BBQ Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    And NO Lite beer in that kegger!

Ick.

Still haven't made a decision what we are bringing next Sat, but I do know what we are leaving with! :)

2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Looking at this forecast for Saturday........Highs in the mid 50's!!!! Man, this is going to be tough crammin everyone in the house. I'll set a bonfire in the garage to keep everyone warm.

3. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    Mid 50's is fine.

Better than mid 30's.

4. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    jeez, rex...so generous to offer to bring the keg like that! awesome!

but with the kind of party this is gonna be, I'm gonna need some of the harder stuff. so if you can score some rum, vodka, bourbon, whisky and absinthe too, all the better.

just put it on chicago force's tab at the liquor store--they know us well!

5. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    True....I figured I would back Bosh's car up to the garage and light up his gas tank for warmth. Diesel fuel is prettier when it's lit up.

6. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    That'd be my girlfriend's car with the diesel. Mine takes unleaded...but still burns warmly when lit. What's the contingency plan for in the house if the weather truly fails for us?

7. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    Guys/Girls/Wookies/Ewoks whatever,

Just saying HI and introducing myself, as I will be joining my sister Octavya at the BBQ this weekend.

Yes, I'm coming all the way from Houston for the Chicago fan force's BBQ. Yep, that's it!

Penny

8. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Man, it's this weekend already? I've really been out of it lately. Sometimes I wish I'd been in a methadone clinic like JJ. At least then I'd have an excuse.

-Le Penguin
    "This is the girl."

9. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    That wasn't you I was talking with all weekend????????

****. Who did I promise a ride to for the BBQ?

10. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Looks like the weather may be agreeing with us so far. Highs in the 60's and NO RAIN!! WOOHOO!!

Oh, and for those who are bringing their kids, there is a park a half block away where they can escape our constant arguments of why Jar Jar is better than Lando and other pointless discussions.

And one more thing. Anyone bringing plasticware?? I have cups, plates, and napkins, along with the grillable items but I need forks and knives also.

And as for the contingency plan, um, I don't have one. Everyone into the garage, which is quite spacious, and the basement too. Hopefully the rain will stay away.

11. Princess_Buttercup

Princess_Buttercup Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2001
    I'll bring the plastic ware. Anything else?

12. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Folding or lawn chairs, if you have a couple lying around. But thanks for the plasticware. Just make sure it's enough for the 40+ people showing up. I hate it when Bosh Talk eats with his feet. I feel like stabbing my eyes out when I see it. :p

13. Princess_Buttercup

Jul 6, 2001
    Duh! My dad has nice lawn chairs. I'll ask him. And it seems that I'm making a trip to Sam's club for plastic ware then. :)

14. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Forecast is still prediction mid-50s for Saturday... looks like the Hawaiin shirt/biking shorts ensemble is out of the question.

Not bad weather for a BBQ tho.

-Le Penguin
    "It never rained on the night of the Larrabee party, the Larrabees wouldn't have stood for it."

15. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Anyone bringing beer? This house is pretty much 'dry' cause with the wife pregnant, she doesn't drink and me, well, I wake up too friggin' early in the morning to enjoy a nice brew.

16. Princess_Buttercup

Jul 6, 2001
    I'm not 'cause I'm driving and I'd be too tempted to drink what beer I bring. :D

17. madchimp

madchimp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    I'd love to bring beer and drink but...It would be bad form to show up sloshed to a family reunion later that night and being a newbie, I want you guys to know me for the sober yahoo I am as opposed to the drunk one! I'm sure you all will get to see the drunk side soon enough!

Rich

18. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    A quick primer:

http://www.brunching.com/features/feature-bbqthoughts.html

-Le Penguin
    "Some people may say that the bottle be damned
    But you'll no' catch the bottle in another man's hand"

19. zdcajcb

zdcajcb Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm a newbie, but I'll be there, and I'll be bringing cookies, and maybe a case of bottled water, for those who feel guilty after eating the cookies.

20. Princess_Buttercup

Jul 6, 2001
    Hahaha...that's a funny one, Penguin!

21. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    To those making the long trek to the Northwest, be prepared. With the overwhelming responses to our "Summer" BBQ, this is going to be an outside thang. My house may be big but not for 50+ people. Dress warm, hang by the grill, light your arms on fire with lighter fluid, or do whatever to keep warm. The rain should stay away, 'course with these Chicago-style seasons, we'll probably end up with a foot of snow on the ground!!

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I'll set a bonfire in the garage to keep everyone warm."

In the garage? [face_shocked]

:p

Anyhoo, I've been talking to Mark via PM, and I may be coming, I'll see. I'm 15, and a complete newbie to all things CF, so I'm kinda worried how I'll fit in. :-\

I hope to be there, though :)

23. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey, don't be shy SithMan. Come and join us, we are not that bad (unless you don't give your SW Toys)

All kiddin' aside, it will be nice to see you around, as well as all the newbies.

And to rest of the guys, THANX for the attention. But I think that JJ can bring the Keg (since he does not know what to bring) Hey JJ, a keg of "Leinenkugel Red" will do fine.

24. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Heh, don't worry, the only guy that disturbs me is JJ. :p

25. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    That's it!!! Out you two pixies go - 'tru the door or out the window!

I'm so lovable. Ain't I folks????? The scary part is the rep I have throughout the FF boards. If I hear one more story of how someone is wanting to meet me, I'm petitioning C3 for a spot on the celebrity table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.