main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** Arena Jedi Surviors

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JEDI-SOLO, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Next time I see the movie (or when I get mesa bootleg working... or both! :D) I'll look carefully at that ship with Luminara in it.

We sure that both Plo and Sasee get into it? Along with Luminara (who, I now realise, is very cool!) and Shaak Ti.

BYE

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm not sure about Plo. Saesee, Shaak and Luminara (who is awesome; read the Approaching Storm!) definately get into the same gunship. I thought I saw Plo with them, but I'm not sure. The other three I'm positive of. I'm trying to get a copy of AotC and verify all these things.

3. chaingunsofdoom

chaingunsofdoom Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    Adi, you're right... Plo, Saesee, Luminara and Shaak-Ti all get into one gunship.

Kit, Mace, Ki, and Yoda are in another one together.

And we know that other Jedi get out of gunships because we can see Aayla Secura and some 'other random Jedi' after they land. :)

The gunship that we see get shot down before they land to let everyone off did not appear to have any Jedi in it... FWIW it appeared to be flanking the other gunships that were carrying the Jedi.

- CGD

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for the confirmation about Plo, CGD.

5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Let me get this info out here so you all know.

The characters Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, and Depa Billaba were all inserted into the Jedi Council scene digitaly. Gin Clarke was not flown down to Australia to sit in a chair for one scene and be flown back to England. Notice that Oppo is computer animated. That is the reason why they weren't seen fighting in the arena. There character were inserted from stock footage of Episode 1. Jerome Blake is credited as playing Oppo but he actually did no work for Episode 2.

As for Saesee Tiin. He may have been digitally inserted into the council scene also. Thus would explain why the credits list Khan Bonfils as playing him. But the Saesee Tiin you saw in the arena was played by Jesse Jensen.

Now for the Jedi.

All these Jedi were present in Episode 2.

Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Luminara Unduli
    Barriss Offee
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Plo Koon
    Adi Gallia
    Saesee Tiin
    Even Piell
    Oppo Rancisis
    Eeth Koth
    Depa Billaba
    Shaak Ti
    Kit Fisto
    Coleman Trebor
    Stass Allie
    Alta Ranga
    Sarr Labooda
    Bultar Swan
    Jocasta Nu
    Aayla Secura

All these Jedi were present on screen in the arena or on Geonosis.

Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Plo Koon
    Luminara Unduli
    Barriss Offee
    Shaak Ti
    Kit Fisto
    Saesee Tiin
    Coleman Trebor
    Aayla Secura
    Bultar Swan
    Stass Allie
    Alta Ranga
    Sarr Labooda

JEDI SURROUNDED

Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Mace Windu
    Shaak Ti
    Kit Fisto
    Bultar Swan
    Stass Allie
    Luminara Unduli
    Saesee Tiin
    Plo Koon
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Aayla Secura

KNOWN DEAD

Coleman Trebor
    Barriss Offee

KNOWN SURVIVORS

Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Yoda
    Mace Windu

JEDI THAT ARE SEEN BOARDING A RESCUE SHIP

Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Plo Koon
    Luminara Unduli
    Shaak Ti
    Kit Fisto
    Stass Allie
    Bultar Swan
    Aayla Secura

Now Alta Ranga and Sarr Labooda i'm not sure about. The art of aotc book shows Alta Ranga looking like an old alien jedi. Using a walking stick. If the final product of him was that then he died in the arena. Sarr Labooda we have no clue what it looks like. So it could be there.

And the Nikto Jedi i'm not sure about either.

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I was under the impression Sarr Labooda was Coleman Trebor but they just changed his name. And is Alta Ranga even in AotC? I've heard about him, but he's obviously not in the council, nor one of the survivors.

And are Bultar Swan and Stass Allie seen on a rescue ship? I know they probabaly survived, but can you see them get on a ship? I didn't think so, but I know Aayla isn't seen on a gunship, but in the second battle.

7. chaingunsofdoom

May 15, 2002
    No prob Adi :)

I think the main problem with the end of the arena scene is mostly due to the editing...

For instance, just before the circle is formed, we see at least 2 dozen Jedi getting shot at by the droids (they seemed to be 'generic', non-circle Jedi, and there weren't that many shots being taken by the droids), and then, we get a cut to the final circle a few seconds later.

The whole part of the droids putting Ki, Aayla, and Plo into the circle was just strange. We *see* them lighting their lightsabers in the stands earlier, so what did they do, surrender/get cornered by the droids that were killing every other Jedi there? I know they were 'supposed' to be up on the droid control ship, but it is still weird editing. :)

As for Barriss [I too, highly recommend reading 'The Approaching Storm' :) ], to me, it is a complete mystery as to what happens to her in the arena... after we see a shot of her near Luminara turning on her lightsaber, I never saw anything with her black on black color of robes *again* throughout the rest of the sequence... strange. Maybe Luminara told her to vamoose after things started getting too hairy, since she was still a Padawan. Or, maybe she went to heal a few Jedi (TAS reference)! :D

The dust will settle eventually, and AOTC is still an awesome movie! :)

- CGD

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well the diting to AOTC was a piss poor job. Ben Burtt and the crew should be fired and shot while hanging from a noose. :p

9. HBMC_Kloon

Apr 23, 2002
    When do we see Aayla and Plo in the arena before being put into the circle?

I know you see Ki-Adi igniting his sabre.

You know what annoys me. Before seeing this film we had no idea. And now after seeing the film (for some of us multiple times) we STILL don't know...

BYE

10. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    Whats that book? Never heard of it!

11. chaingunsofdoom

May 15, 2002
    HBMC_Kloon:

Ki, Plo, and Aayla are in the same shot lighting their sabers.

Ki is sort of off-center, Plo is on his left, and Aayla is farther away. This all takes place near the left edge of the screen, and sitting near the left wall of the theatre today gave me a great vantage point to see them. :)

- CGD

12. HBMC_Kloon

Apr 23, 2002
    Interesting. All three are there.

Do we think the Control Ship mission was filmed, or was putting all three of them in a "sabre" shot simply a pickup to cover up the fact?

BYE

13. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    Did the Nikto Jedi get thrown into the door by the Acklay on screen? I didn't see it, and that was how it was supposed to happen.

14. Jedi_Master_Carr

Jedi_Master_Carr Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    well I know in the starfighter game Mace told Adi that he was sending Saesee Tin up to help and that was in the final stage of the game. Now what happened to him is beyond me they never mentioned him after that, now maybe it does show he did survive the Arena.

15. matty_bon

matty_bon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    i really need to see the movie again...just reading all this stuff, i missed so many things in the arena battle

i only saw Ki-Adi when he ignited his saber.....didn't have time to look around at the others

i definetly know the first thing i'll be doing when i get the DVD......slow-mo on the wohle arena battle, making sure i can see EVERYTHING :)

16. chaingunsofdoom

May 15, 2002
    JediCouncilBoy4,

What book are you asking about that I mentioned? :)

"The Approaching Storm" by Alan Dean Foster is a hard-cover novel that fits directly (we're talking a matter of months) before AOTC. Mace Windu mentions "Ansion" early in the movie, which you'll see mentioned many times in TAS. :)

The droid control ship thing takes place in the AOTC novelization by R.A. Salvatore. :)

- CGD

17. HBMC_Kloon

Apr 23, 2002
    Uhh... no it doesn't?

What page?

BYE

18. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I hope that their side quest was filmed. That will be an awesome editon to the DVD.

19. JediCouncilBoy4

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks thats the book. You would think the novel would say who survived?

20. matty_bon

Mar 19, 2002
    <<The droid control ship thing takes place in the AOTC novelization by R.A. Salvatore.>>

it most definetly wansn't, i've read the book like 10 times now, and i would definetly remember it

popular belief is that it was abonded to put in the droid factory scene

the scene was still filmed though

21. HBMC_Kloon

Apr 23, 2002
    But do we have proof that it was filmed?

All we know is that the bit with Obi and Mace talking about "it's already being taken care of" was filmed.

Not the control ship though.

BYE

22. matty_bon

Mar 19, 2002
    <<But do we have proof that it was filmed?

All we know is that the bit with Obi and Mace talking about "it's already being taken care of" was filmed.

Not the control ship though.

BYE>>

we did get a copy of the filming details (can't remember what it was called....a filming report thingy) in a spy report like ages ago.....where it said of ki-adi-mundi, plo koon and a few other jedi barging into the control room

23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I hope Plo actually speaks in the deleted scene.

24. JediCouncilBoy4

Aug 20, 2001
    Me TOO! It's getting late here. Almost 1 A.M. Night All!

25. matty_bon

Mar 19, 2002
    <<I hope Plo actually speaks in the deleted scene.>>

yeah, we says something like 'Yes, we did it, now we have a chance'

and in the novel, he also had a line in the scene in Palpatine's chambers at the start of the film.....i wish that was in the movie :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.