**OFFICIAL** Attack Of The Clones Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Now...did anyone notice the screwup? Lucas edited in music of YODA'S THEME when Anakin was on the conveyor belt; this must be the same bit heard later in the Duel. WTF?! Is he screwing with Williams' score again? Christ, man, leave it alone!

You mean using Yoda's theme to underscore an action scene that does not involve Yoda in anyway? Kinda sounds like the use of Yoda's theme in ESB when Leia is trying to warn Luke that it's a trap... hmmmmmmmm

I thought this was a cool use of Yoda's theme even if it IS tracked from later in the film.

The tracking of TPM stuff however is not cool. Also not cool are several VERY noticable edits, the worst of which is the Meadow Picnic when Padme is running across the hills before Anakin comes in riding that CG giant bug thing. As a good friend in the sound / audio industry said if you can tell it's an edit then it's a bad edit. Period. Good edits are imperceptible.
  2. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I know. I feel your pain, man.

DARN YOU! DARN YOU TO HECK, LUCAS!

...Of course, that can wait until after EpIII comes out. :D
  3. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    The funny things about the butchering is, GL said it wouldn't happen but here he does it again!

John Williams has yet to see the final film (finishing up Minority Report's score) but when he does see AOTC finally, I wonder how he'll feel, having his work chopped up into pieces a second time. [face_laugh]

Ah, the struggles of an artist never end. (sighs)
  4. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    GL may have warned him, after what happened last time.
  5. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    But this time it was much worse. I find it hard to listen to The second cd of the ultimate edition. I'll find it even tougher to listen to this edited mess.
  6. dolphin Force Ghost

star 4
    I heard the End theme had a very nice mixture of Anakin's theme, Across the Stars, and Imperial March. cool huh? Maybe we'll get to hear it in a future edition.
  7. dolphin Force Ghost

star 4
    Wouldn't it be great if Mace had his own score. Cmon JW...indulge us!
  8. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  9. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    The funny things about the butchering is, GL said it wouldn't happen but here he does it again!

When did George say this? Can you provide proof of this?
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  11. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Up by request.

Check out Debo's post on the previous page. There's a breakdown of the recorded cues vs. the OST.
  12. MasterLuke-83 Jedi Knight

Across the Stars has to be one of, if not the best pieces in all of Star Wars. Excellent.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.