main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** Attack Of The Clones Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC3PIO

MC3PIO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    I guess I'm going to have to be the spoilsport here but I listened to the whole cd and I just wasn't feeling it. It doesn't fit in with the other scores for me. It doesn't sound Star Wars-y for the most part. I mean two of the tracks have an electric guitar in them, come on!

With every SW score there's at least one track that really stands out for me. With Empire, my fav, there's about five or so. But with AOTC the best I can say about my feelings towards any of the tracks is that I'm lukewarm. Across the Stars is growing on me, I guess. Return to Tatooine is kind of interesting and so is Confrontation with Dooku but the others are just kind of ok. Maybe seeing them in the context of the movie will make a difference but I doubt it. Nevertheless, I'll listen to it a couple more times. See if my opinion doesn't change.

By the way, for those wondering where to get the mp3s, the site linked to on the news page with the new pictures has all of them. You can also get them on Usenet at alt.binaries.starwars and alt.binaries.mp3.soundtracks.

2. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Harry Potter is part of this so-called love triangle that will be featured in the movie. ;)

Across the Stars is an absolutely wonderful track. It's definately not sweet as I was expecting it to be, it sounds more salty than anything else. But I'm rather annoyed that the main motif of the piece sounds exactly like the Hook theme; I found this quite distracting but I guess it's not really that bad... is it? [face_devil]

On a side note, even though I've downloaded the entire thing, I'll still be buying it. Loyal fan I am.

:D

3. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    *sigh* I still cant get it.

4. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Yes, even though I downloaded it too, I will remain loyal to JW and buy AT LEAST one copy of the soundtrack. ;)

5. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    is it me or does "Across the Stars" sound like its from "The Godfather". dont get me wrong i like it but it just reminds of the godfather. i guess ill think differently once i hear it with the movie.

6. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    ok now that i listen to it more i take back what i said. it sounds like Star Wars :)

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Kazaa took my Morpheus Shared Folder. how do i get it back??

8. xwing

xwing Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 9, 1998
    is it me or does "Across the Stars" sound like its from "The Godfather".

I think that was more or less intended. This is a tragic love story that is going to end badly. And everyone knows it.

I like to compare the love story to "Romeo and Juliet," two "Star-Crossed lovers" ("Across the Stars"," "Star-Crossed", I really think that was intentional). Couldn't you imagine hearing AtS while watching Romeo and Juliet?

Like the entire soundtrack, I can sense a feeling of impending tragedy in ATS. Episode III is probably going to be really, really dark. I was a little surprised this soundtrack for II is as melancholy as it is. I really, really like it, though.

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Harry Potter score clone. Especially 'Anakin and Padme'

10. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I love the Yoda theme we hear in Yoda and the Younglings. That was my favorite mellow track from ROJ, and I felt a lump in my throat when I heard it again :)

11. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    can someone help me get all the mp3s? i have a mac so audiogalaxy doesnt work.

12. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I need some help guys.........I'm tracking down NEW SW themes on AOTC soundtrack...........and does anyone think that the bit 0:16 to 0:48 in "Anakin&Padme" and the bit 0:06 to 1:11 in "the meadow picnic" are bits of a new theme....maybe it's me but it doesn't sound like a variation of ATS (or maybe it's just wishful thinking from me , since I pray that AOTC will have many NEW SW themes ) :D :D....just wanna know if you think that it's a new theme...or maybe if you have heard any new themes ?

13. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Alright nothing on Kazaa or Audiogalaxy. Help me out here.... please?

14. mattman8888

mattman8888 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    To find the tracks on audiogalaxy, the specific song titles must be entered. That's how you find them.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I only have Confrontation with Dooku and Leaving Coiruscant.

Leaving Coruscant (or whatevcer the offical title is) is very bland. Bets way I can think of to describe it.

Confrontation is magnificent. This is like the TPM music - it took a little while for me to get used to it, but I like it now. I hink I'll just wait for the soundtrack for the rest of them.

The harp part in the end titles that plays Across the Stars sounds very medieval, which I thinkis the point. GL is putting a lot of medieval stuff in E2 - Padme's costume at the picnic, that harp part...

Tying the saga even more in with King Arthur.

16. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Have you guys tried listening to Track 13 over the TPM End Credits? The timing matches perfectly.

17. JabbaPapa

JabbaPapa Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmmm ... isn't it the other way round ?

HP is SW clone music (and thaaaaaaaat's why mesa loves it).

18. Rebel-3000

Rebel-3000 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    "Have you guys tried listening to Track 13 over the TPM End Credits? The timing matches perfectly."12:34 PM 29/03/02
    I think the Title theme and Ending theme ARE the TPM tracks, just with the new themes tacked onto them... I doubt the movie will have the same music at the beginning after the scroller anyway, just like the TPM soundtrack.

19. bizzyces

bizzyces Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2002
    i managed to get my hands on the entire soundtrack on audiogalaxy. To search for them, look for Episode II + song, ex: Episode II escape or Episode II coruscant.
    I gotta say, i love across the stars. John Williams has outdone himself with this one.

20. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, I have the entire soundtrack.

I must say that I'm pretty amazed. The first time I heard all of TPM it didn't hit me like this one did; I giggled a little at Anakin's theme on TPM, particularly with the Vader motifs. But on the whole...there wasn't a lot, and thematically it was all over the place. Goofy with Jar-Jar, ethereal with the Core, brassy with the Droids, soft with Anakin, etc. Additionally--the way that it was divided up on TPM, very choppy.

AOTC, on the other hand, seems to flow much better. I *like* that there are 11 minute cues; I like that there are orchestral arrangements. I prefer suites to a mapped-out "this is the music exactly as it was heard in the movie, in the exact order," because then you end up with :45 second tracks.

SO, that said.

"Across the Stars" is almost weepingly good. It gave me chills. "Confrontation with Dooku" made my hair stand on end when I heard Vader's theme--I can only imagine what, onscreen, will lead to that--followed by a resounding return to "Across the Stars," and then *bam* into the finale. It's so "Gone with the Wind"-esque, to me. I picture the pair of them standing in flames and smoke as the camera pulls back. Just...powerful stuff.

"Zam" and Electric Guitar--well, this actually works. I have to say that the whole track is very Philip Glass-inspired; minimalist melodies repeated must be Williams' "modernist" approach to the city-planet. And the guitar only highlights, it doesn't dominate.

The Bounty-Hunters bits are fantastic. I *love* the exotic theme at the end of "Jango's Escape." I hope this gets further and more overt treatment in the film.
    A tad disappointed that we don't get a restatement (or pre-statement?) of Boba Fett's theme from Empire, but to be fair that was a pretty dull theme (Dummmm-dum *thump*...duuuuum dum *cymbal crash*).

I'm also very intruiged by the up- and down-swelling strings after the Main Title in "Main Title and Ambush at Coruscant"--music like this makes me think rather of Kamino, as it seems quite undulating, like the waves we see rolling. Very reminescent of Williams' "Dracula" score.

Great soundtrack. Can't wait to buy it.

Ims

21. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I Heard in "Return to Tatooine" the Difference Between Anakin and Luke!

I don't usually read spoilers, but I know about Shmi Skywalker's death. Now, in "Return to Tatooine," you can hear when Anakin finds out that Shmi is killed. I'm relating this to when Luke finds his aunt and uncle dead.

Luke hears it and looks into the Tatooine sunset. We hear "May the Force be With You" playing. Luke decides to go with Ben Kenobi and learn about the force.

We hear "May the Force be with You" in this song, and I can picture Anakin looking into the sunset. Rather than the music dying down after that, it speeds up into "Duel of the Fates" and finally into some ominous sub-theme.

I think the music going into "Duel of the Fates" and that sub-theme represent Anakin rushing and using the Dark Side rather than being calm and using the force like Luke.

That point right after "May the Force be with You" represents their difference (about the Dark Side). That's at least what I think ;)

22. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Ok...are there any mac users out there who can help me? I'd like to get these mp3s, but so far doing that has been next to impossible. Replies would be appreciated!

-Sil

23. ManyBothansDied

ManyBothansDied Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    "Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale" is GOD-LIKE!! :D

24. DarthTorgo

DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2002
    Hey, you know that Oboe playing as Anakin says goodbye to Shmi in TPM. That very memorable sounding music? Well, the same notes appear in the AOTC soundtrack, only they are not played by an oboe.I believe it is in "The Tusken Camp". It's just beautiful and even more tragic than it originally was. I imagine that this plays as Anakin contemplates his mother's death.

25. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I found a site that allows you to d/l the whole soundtrack.

EDIT: Sorry, no links here. Please send PMs instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.